Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Your thoughts on borderline illict online sales

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ten years ago people wouldn't have DREAMED about trying to market the types of things we now sell openly (aside from the discreet headshop of course)! Fly Agaric shrooms, opium poppy head, marijuana seeds, absinthe (without ID verification, mind you) spore prints/syringes, baby woodrose seeds, and all forms of paraphanellia. What do you guys think about the safety of selling such things? I mean, even on eBay, where your all your personal information is at their fingertips people are selling poppy heads, spore syringes, (although these listings tend to get removed if listed too often), bongs, every sort of marijuana and mushroom growing supply you'll ever need, and recently there has been a drastic increase in the listing of prore prints.

Do you think that authorities have decided to look the other way because (granted the site is not crooked/ebayers don't decide to skip out on their transactions come tax time) they are making a killing off of the taxes? If a drug is sold on the street, they see no money, but if sold at a legit online retailer (that must legally file taxes, at lest in the US) or eBay they are making a killing.

Also, what do you think will be the next online drug to push the boundaries? If it gets out of hand do you think there will be a major crackdown in the coming years?

Let's hear it!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    'Legitimate' enterprise - banks and what not - profit from the drugs business regardless of legal status.

Criminalisation is just a tool which serves a myriad of purpose - notably scaremongering and keeping people used to, and accepting of, unjust limits on personal liberty.
    First of all most Police forces would consider mushrooms a really low priority, so they may want to go after these people but just not have the man power.

But secondly I suspect its to do with the dubious legality, they'd rather not spend their time arguing the finer points of law in a court with uncertain outcomes, its potentially very costly.
    Yes, I suppose you're right. The only busts you ever really read about are coke or marijuana these days...

...but onto the latter portion of my assesment; does anyone have any thoughts on the next big online seller in the near future?
    I think online vendors are great. They keep things right. You know what you're getting (for the most part). The thing I don't like about them is that they can't tell users to be safe. Most online headshops you visit market things as Insense, and there product is NEVER FOR HUMAN CONSUPTION. But come on, why would you want fly aragic shrooms. They smell like shit, and look like shit dried. As a result, there is never any info on dosages, precautions and proper administration. I suppose it's all part of the battle though. I also think it's somewhat ridiculous that you can buy stuff online completly anonymously though.

Only coke and marijuana? Pusher my friend, where have you been :eek2:
    Meth busts are becoming ever so frequent. Georgia was just home to the record holder. 187lbs of pure crystal methylamphetamine :yum:
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1688179/posts
    I should point out of course that all online transactions (normally) leave a credit card record and the DEA have raided shops and taken these records in the past and used them to get search warrants.
    That's why you pay with cash to a retailer that destroys records every 48 hours!:thumb: