Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Concussion?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, so some girls jumped me on Saturday night when I was wasted... what an easy target I must have been! I can hardly remember what happened, it's such a blur...

Anyway. I've got a few bumps on my head - one next to my eye, one on my temple and one on the right side of my head, and I've felt pretty rough since... except today it''s got loads worse. I've been unbelievably dizzy, with a permanent headache and feeling pretty sick. Even lying down is making my head spin and my stomach turn.

I reckon I might have a bit of concussion? Do I just need to take it easy?

And before anyone mentions it, I won't be getting myself in that kind of drunken state again - lesson well learnt.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think you need to see a doctor. Might be nowt, but you can't be too careful with heads.
    i'd go to the hospital
    see a doctor straight away.
    2 months ago, a guy from work, his boyfriend banged his head, not even hard, went to bed and never woke up. 23 he was.
    not to scare you but please seek help.
    kaffrin wrote:
    I think you need to see a doctor. Might be nowt, but you can't be too careful with heads.

:yes:

I've been jumped and got a right bang on the head, was a good couple of days before I got the dizzy spells etc.

Better safe than sorry etc.
    Hospital? Doctors? Nooo! - it was embarrassing enough telling work. 'Yeah, I got my head kicked in when I was shitfaced on Saturday night...' Gah. Rubbish.

Ona more mature note, reading this and typing is doing my nut in though, I keep having to take little breaks and go slow. If it's still dodgy in the morning I'll go the doc.

Cheers :) x
    Just read Vicky's and Bri's posts.

I'm going first thing in the morning.
    Just read Vicky's and Bri's posts.

I'm going first thing in the morning.
    I'd ring the NHS helpline if I were you.
    Hospital? Doctors? Nooo! - it was embarrassing enough telling work. 'Yeah, I got my head kicked in when I was shitfaced on Saturday night...' Gah. Rubbish.

You have to swallow your pride on this one, missy. Head = important for being alive. And doctors have seen it all. People get things stuck up their ass ffs. Getting punched in the head while drunk is far, far off their embarrassment scale.
    Or now, feeling like that after a couple of days isn't a good thing.
    kaffrin wrote:
    You have to swallow your pride on this one, missy. Head = important for being alive. And doctors have seen it all. People get things stuck up their ass ffs. Getting punched in the head while drunk is far, far off their embarrassment scale.
    Exactly. The only people to be embarrassed about it is the people that did it.
    Get it checked out mate; head injuries are a really difficult thing to judge and it's always best to be on the safe side. No need to be embarrassed, and I think you'll be glad you did it.

If you're adamant you won't go to the hospital then I would recommend having someone check on you very regularly through the night if the dizzy spells etc are persisting/getting worse... and since I'm sure any willing family members probably won't be wild about performing round the clock nurse duty it's probably the easier option to nip down to A&E if you're worried :)
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    hey sweetie, so sorry to hear youre sore :(
    But i would go down to the hospital, take a mate (one that can drive you) and then make a night of it kinda thing...not too exciting i know, but better than your own.
    Please go babes, for everyone elses sake!
    take care love
    xxx
    Shameful is explaining to a doctor why you have a live gerbil up your arse, not 'I was attacked on the street' which happens all the bloody time.

Head and brain = important.
    I love spending 4 hours in A&E. ;)

I didn't sleep very well and woke up feeling just the same - just a lot more sick! So I phoned my doctors, explained what was wrong, and was pretty much told I was stupid for leaving it for four days and they had no appointments til Friday... so I went to A&E. Had a brain scan, they found my brain (typical Dad joke!) anyway, everything is normal so they just put it down to concussion and told me to take the rest of the week off work.

Thanks for everyone's replies xxx
    Good lass; glad to hear you got it checked out. Have a chilled rest of the week :thumb:
    briggi wrote:
    Good lass; glad to hear you got it checked out. Have a chilled rest of the week :thumb:

Cheers mate! :)
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Had a brain scan, they found my brain (typical Dad joke!)

Haha!

I'm glad your alright. Just chill and stay off the booze!
    Must have been the weekend for it! I've got a nice shiney pair of black eyes and a multicoloured lump at the top of my nose from where i got nutted on friday night.
    Still, on the plus side it seems to have brought me a lot of female attention :D

Feel better soon!
    Glad you went!

The poor guy at work has just handed his notice in :(
    Cheers Icey :) You get better soon too!!

James - don't worry mate, I'll be laying off the booze for a while! At least I won't be getting in that kind of state again. I feel like a right cupid stunt!

Vicky - I'm really sorry for your mate, really really sorry. No-one deserves to go like that, I can't imagine how hard that's hit him. :(
    Cheers Icey :) You get better soon too!!

James - don't worry mate, I'll be laying off the booze for a while! At least I won't be getting in that kind of state again. I feel like a right cupid stunt!

Vicky - I'm really sorry for your mate, really really sorry. No-one deserves to go like that, I can't imagine how hard that's hit him. :(
    awful isn' it? to golike that and leave loved ones behind. Im just hoping he's not leaving to go all depressed and mope. I hope he'll do something worthwhile.