Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How often do you have it - Dessert?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We hardly ever seem to have dessert after dinner and if we do it's normally just ice cream, sometimes bread pudding.

So how often do you have it and what do you normally have?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sometimes, maybe just a yoghurt or that. I only eat the cherry fruit corners though
    Only on a Sunday when we have dinner at my parents, it's usually some fattening kind of cake with cream/custard/ice cream. During the week I sometimes have a low fat yoghurt after dinner if Im feeling daring.
    Very rarely. Maybe if I go out for a special occasion. I'll usually have some fruit if I have anything, and it would be a couple of hours after dinner, not directly after.
    Most of the time, mainly, ice cream, fruit based stuff, yoghurts in the week and something fancy like cheesecake on Sundays.
    Yogurt as a desert? Come on people :p You discust me.

I'm always having something dererty at work. In fact, I'm eating cake right now :yum: When I go to visit my parents they always make a desert for at least one meal and when I lived there we'd have one about once a week. Now I just drink after I eat. Its desert enough.
    Once every few months maybe. Though in the house I was staying at a summer school gave us desert everyday.
    Most of the time. My sweet-tooth isn't all that developed but everyone else I live with goes crazy for puddings. In the past fortnight we've had raspberry pavlova, lemon/chocolate swiss roll with evapourated milk, apple crumble, ginger sorbet, various ice cream, fruit salad, semolina, key lime pie, rice pudding (those last two are the only desserts I can make well myself!) and a vanilla cheesecake.

I'd go for the cheeseboard option everytime myself, if it was available :(
    not often, although i do love to get a dessert if im eating out.
    Mind you i say that, but i eat sweet things fairly regularly, just not as a dessert after meals, cos by then im usually full up.
    i can't even remember the last time i had a dessert. I fill up quick so i never want one. Plus i'm not keen on sweet things. We only do deserts at home if we have guests aswell. So i'm used to not having them.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Never, Don't really like sweet anyway. Rather just have more main.

Custard's good though.
    Weekender Offender 
    Very rarely. Usually only when we've got friends round and i'll make something special. Granita, pavlova, tarte aux citron, tarte tartin.
    briggi wrote:
    Most of the time. My sweet-tooth isn't all that developed but everyone else I live with goes crazy for puddings. In the past fortnight we've had raspberry pavlova, lemon/chocolate swiss roll with evapourated milk, apple crumble, ginger sorbet, various ice cream, fruit salad, semolina, key lime pie, rice pudding (those last two are the only desserts I can make well myself!) and a vanilla cheesecake.

You sure you don't live in a B&B?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Lemon sorbet is the only other thing I like.
    Weekender Offender 
    I have pudding about once a fortnight, as I eat sweets and crap all day so don't feel the need to eat something sweet after a good meal.

Though I always wondered...
    What is the crack with, Apple pie?
    I find it so disgusting, Why would anyone want to eat an apple flavoured pie? and when i see it steaming away with cold cream on the side it makes me feel ill
    Usually never. I eat so much, that there's hardly space for dessert.

Although in Austria we have "Jause", which is Coffe and Cake at around 3pm (lunch 12-1pm). We only have it when we are expecting guests tho/had guests for lunch.
    At uni, maybe 3/4 times a week. Thats about as much self control as I can manage and there's proper pudding on offer 12 meals a week.

At home, about once a fortnight.
    After very nearly every evening meal, although we're talking a piece of fruit, or a yoghurt, not a proper cooked dessert or anything. It feels all wrong if I don't finish a meal with something sweet, which is terrible really :blush:
    You sure you don't live in a B&B?

In my dreams. I'm the only skivvy round here :p On that note, I am just defrosting a jam roly-poly type thing for pudding tonight.

StrubbleS - I really, really miss Kaffee und Kuchen in the afternoons. I tried to implement it with my family and friends when I came home but they were having none of it. Mmm, Marmorgugelhupf :yum:
    During the summer holidays, I used to have dessert every day, but I rarely take dessert nowadays... although it is hard to decline my sister's yummy smoothie. :)
    dont generally have pudding really.. if i do then its generally something simple like a chocolate bar or something to that effect. .. unless my mum has cooked something nice like apple crumble! then theres no stopping me!
    before i came away i didnt ever have desert but now i get my food free at the hotel i rep in and the novelty hasnt worn off so i have had it for the last 6 days
    we never have dessert :(

except possibly on Christmas day when we have gateau about an hour after dinner if that counts :p
    I always have something sweet after dinner, whether it's pudding or cereal. We buy a pudding for dinner about 3/4 times a week.
    Moat recent if the hot fudge brownie cake from M&S it wasnt just any fucking cake, it was the tits!
    Stupid question:
    So "pudding" is not like the specific food pudding, is pudding like another word for desert? Do you have the food called pudding to?
    I rarely have dessert. I snack between meals a lot but after a good meal I barely have space for dessert. Maybe late in the evening we have something.

Even in fancy places, I rarely have room for desserts.
    I love dessert but I hardly ever eat it. I usually eat whatever I can get hold of I love anything really.
    my_name wrote:
    Stupid question:
    So "pudding" is not like the specific food pudding, is pudding like another word for desert? Do you have the food called pudding to?
    yes it's a another word for it.
    We also have rice pudding and meat puddings.
    I don't like the word dessert.
    What about like chocolate pudding and vanilla pudding and pistacio pudding :yum: Its fun green.
    as in sponge, do you mean?
    Like this like a custard, but not. Its lighter and fluffier, but not as fluffy as a mouse. So its pretty much right inbetween the two.