Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hairy chicks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
like chicks with leg just like a blokes! Some fellas get off on it, do you?

Comments

• Options
    Makoto wrote:
    like chicks with leg just like a blokes! Some fellas get off on it, do you?

no
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    nah don't seem right in todays world
  • Options
    I don't get it. do you guys not actually fancy women, normal mammal females? Do you not want them to have mammary glands, vaginas and *gasp* shock freakin horror- hair?
  • Options
    I think getting off on it, is probably gonna be a minority of people, but then again, theres definitely plenty of blokes who dont care much one way or the other if their woman is a bit hairy or not.
  • Options
    what happened to my reply?

anyway, I was saying- ooh you mean like specifically look out for hairy women- well, wouldn't be my first criteria, but to each his own.
  • Options
    I thought I didn't post this, was gonna post about something else.
  • Options
    Ah yes, any woman who can't be arsed shaving is a bloke.

How stupid of me not to know that!
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    I don't get it. do you guys not actually fancy women, normal mammal females? Do you not want them to have mammary glands, vaginas and *gasp* shock freakin horror- hair?

I did not say I was fricken disgusted, but I said it does not specifically turn me on, and that's the OP question.
  • Options
    i personally prefer to be smooth, not always possible with work, uni, social life etc, sometimes my legs get prickly, my fella loves feelin them, altho i doubt it turns him on!x
  • Options
    I didn't mean a little stubble, I mean as much hair on their legs as a bloke. noobs.
  • Options
    I don't think you'd find many women whose leg hair would actually grow to be like that of [the majority of] men, even if they left it forever and ever amen.

I don't see the problem with it to be honest; but like all these things it's just down to personal taste.
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:
    I didn't mean a little stubble, I mean as much hair on their legs as a bloke. noobs.

Hey whats with the harshness. she only said her opinion.
    And I like to be smooth.... tons of hair GROSS!! I only have hair on my head and my arms lol
  • Options
    ~MINXY~ wrote:
    Hey whats with the harshness. she only said her opinion.
    And I like to be smooth.... tons of hair GROSS!! I only have hair on my head and my arms lol

While you're very much entitled to your opinion on body hair; I think it's a bit sad that you find the body's natural state (being covered completely in hair of a variety of coarsness with the exception of palms of hands and soles of feet) to be "gross". It mightn't be your cup of tea or the way you feel most comfortable but it is most certainly the way nature intended you.

The flip side of that statement could be "taking a blade, putrid chemical creams and sheets of wax to your body in the name of smoothness and the status quo? GROSS". Also, why are hairy arms ok but not hairy legs? Funny, that.

:)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I don't think you'd find many women whose leg hair would actually grow to be like that of [the majority of] men, even if they left it forever and ever amen.

I don't see the problem with it to be honest; but like all these things it's just down to personal taste.

I was thinking the same, I know theres been some times that "a friend" :p was too lazy to shave and I"m pretty sure it just stopped growing after a certian length and that length was nowhere near a mans length.

I proudly sported a pair of shorts at the gym with at least a weeks worth of groth last friday. I doubt anybody even looked.

And guess what, I still got sex that night. Hairy mammoth-like sex. And it was good, and he didn't even get a rug/hair burn.
  • Options
    good point. I guess i find it gross because of the way society see it......
    Its a main factor, like we could go on to argue, we were not made to wear clothes so why wear them?
  • Options
    I have no idea; I'd be perfectly happy not wearing any if it weren't for those pesky decency laws ;)

It's a bit of a different issue in the context of this thread because it's not specific to women in the way that a discussion on "hairy chicks" is; males and females wear clothes and this is "the norm".
  • Options
    I know its a different subject to what the disscussion is but both issues revolve around the social norm. I hate wearing clothes to be honest, and thats not meant sexually, i'd just rather be naked lol

I did actually shave my arms once *silly moo* i had pale skin when i was younger and have dark hair so i felt embarrassed but i constantly have a tan (natural tan) all year round know so its not noticable
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:
    i didnt say u did did i? geez, only been on ere 5 mins and have been insulted in about 4 topics!

i was just talkin about how hairy i let my legs get thats all!
  • Options
    it is funny how for girls some people find it to be wrong/out of the norm to have hairy legs, yet everybody has hairy arms and this is not thought to be wrong. I was talking about this with a few friends a while back and how in the future shaving your arms could be the new shaving your legs and classed as normal. To this some people might say that it feels nicer when your lover touches your legs, whereas they dont touch your arms so much during sex. But then im sure before people started to shave their legs it was considered wierd to shaved legs?

as for wearing clothes, it is considered normal now to wear clothes, if you saw someone in the street completely naked you wouldn't consider it normal would you? So i wouldnt be comfortable going naked while everyone was wearing clothes, however if clothes were never invented and it was normaly to be naked and had never been anything different then everyone would do it and it would be just as embarrassing as showing your arms nowdays!! (not embarrassing at all)
  • Options
    well, there's loads of women who for whatever reason have excess hair on their bodies. conditions like PCOS, Endometriosis etc can cause hirsuitism in females. the stigma attached to female hairyness is becoming more and more prevalent these days, with more and more expensive and complicated ways of removing it.

like hundreds of years ago, there weren't all these gillete razors and veet creams around, women must have had hairy legs and ladygardens and they were still seen as sexual, attractive beings.

speaking as someone who has a daily battle with hair removal - legs, underarms cos my hair is so dark - it can get a bit depressing, and i was talking to my fella about it the other day, he said that it would take some getting used to if i decided not to shave it and he wasn't sure how he'd feel. he said it wouldn't stop him loving me at all, but that it wouldn't be as attractive to him. ultimately, i don't think i'll be chucking out my razor...lol

there was a programme on C5 a while ago about 'hairy women' and there was this guy on there who actively sought out very hirsute women - and he said the hairier they were the better...

guess it's each to their own really...
  • Options
    I'm lucky all my body hair is blonde and baby fine :D
  • Options
    ~MINXY~ wrote:
    I did actually shave my arms once *silly moo* i had pale skin when i was younger and have dark hair so i felt embarrassed but i constantly have a tan (natural tan) all year round know so its not noticable

I shave my arms. I don't do it as often as I do my legs, but every 3 weeks or so. I don't mind having some hair there (like there is now) but when it gets longer I got irritated with it. I personally am not bothered what anyone else does with it.

I must admit, when we're growing our hair for treatments at college though (like now :grump: ) I do get annoyed with it. The urge to shave my legs this morning was painful. BUt they'll only stick needles in me anyway so I might as well leave it and actually get a benefit form having it done.
  • Options
    cavegirl wrote:
    like hundreds of years ago, there weren't all these gillete razors and veet creams around, women must have had hairy legs and ladygardens and they were still seen as sexual, attractive beings.
    Hundered of years ago, women would've never shown their legs in public though either.
  • Options
    Only in some cultures though. More of a developed nation/culture thing.
  • Options
    On the main point, I'd say that shaving your legs is just an extension of brushing your hair or plucking your eyebrows. It's not "gross" if you don't, it just looks better if you do. Everyone says that it's natural to be hairy, but it's also natural for humans (and most animals with hair or feathers) to groom themselves to make themselves look as good as possible, and shaving certain bodyparts is just an extension of that.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Only in some cultures though. More of a developed nation/culture thing.
    Yep, good point.
  • Options
    I know several women who dont shave either their legs or their armpits, and none of them have ever found it a problem with men as far as i know.
  • Options
    On the main point, I'd say that shaving your legs is just an extension of brushing your hair or plucking your eyebrows. It's not "gross" if you don't, it just looks better if you do. Everyone says that it's natural to be hairy, but it's also natural for humans (and most animals with hair or feathers) to groom themselves to make themselves look as good as possible, and shaving certain bodyparts is just an extension of that.

The only actual benefit I think we [largely speaking about women, of course] get from shaving - and by this I mean other than feeling that we fit some stereotype of hairless wonderwoman - is that in armpit shaving we reduce the likelihood of body odour. Everyone says it's natural to be hairy because it is natural to be hairy; in that we're hairy in our natural state. It may have become 'second nature' to the modern woman in our society to whip away every stubbly hair to appear on their legs/underarm/bikini line but you can't really argue that it's "natural" because, by definition, it isn't.

I do wonder if the overwhelming majority of men are put off by body hair, like if they were confronted with a woman they found attractive but who didn't remove hair where it would be expected. Were I free and single I think I might have set myself a little challenge along those lines... would be interesting, to say the least!

I sorely wish I'd never started shaving my legs; I have a friend who has never touched her leg hair and it's very fine and barely noticable unless you're up close and personal. Damn that school peer pressure to buy sparkly pink razors at lunchtime! :p
  • Options
    I think you wouldnt find that challenge particularly difficult Briggi, but youd probably have to admit, its not going to necessarily the same reaction for you as an above averagely beautiful woman, as it would be for the majority of people on the street. I actually remember having a conversation about this to a friend of mine who is very actively feminist and doesnt shave anything, but shes always been SO incredibly beautiful shes never ever found it a problem with any of her numerous boyfriends, and she always wondered why other women didnt follow suit, but as shes got older, had children, put on weight a little, she has even considered shaving her legs (shock) as she feels she cant get away with it or at least certainly not with the same positive reaction as she used to.
    Sometimes its just a way of fitting in - much easier to make a stand and do something like that if youre already beautiful and have got some to spare if you know what i mean.
  • Options
    Sometimes its just a way of fitting in - much easier to make a stand and do something like that if youre already beautiful and have got some to spare if you know what i mean.

I see what you mean. I guess it's like the playground mentality where if you've already got something that someone might "pick on", you don't really want to add to the list. I can imagine some men I know being repulsed if I flashed them a hairy leg though, without a doubt :lol:

It would be very freeing to never again have to buy razors or daft kits that rip your skin off and leave you howling in the bathroom, though, oh yes.