Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Coats...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What kind of coats will u be buying for winter?

I hate buying coats!

I love long fitted ones, but i`m real short so look stunted and dumpy in them

I think duffle coats look a bit casual, chavy and cheap

Cropped ones are lovely but are rarely thick enough for a british winter

and no nice ones seem to have hoods

Opinions.....?x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am poor, and will therefore be keeping the coat I've had for the past 3 years. It fits, suits me and I like it.

It's from Red Herring and it has a fluffy hood. This isn't much help on the topic because you can't buy it anymore :o
    I've got a classic black knee length one which I bought in New Look last year. I quite like duffell coats and Parkas too.
    Gap always have great wintery coats. Well worth the £80+ as I've had mine for the past 3 years, think it's called "Warmest Coat"? It's beige and has fleecy pockets and it's all duck feathers and such.

Rather dishy.
    I have my general looking purple and black columbia. They all look the same. It is not fashionable, but its a winter coat and it gets real freaking cold and windy here. Its not about fashion, its about survivial, baby. Sporting the hat, the mittens and a bulky coat :thumb:
    New Look have some lovely coats in the now, I really like this mustardy one, and it's got a side button fastening, rather than down the middle. It's either mustard or green, I can't remember. :(
    1983 wrote:
    Gap always have great wintery coats. Well worth the £80+ as I've had mine for the past 3 years, think it's called "Warmest Coat"? It's beige and has fleecy pockets and it's all duck feathers and such.

Rather dishy.
    sounds lovlay, on a budget tho :(

and i hate gettin light coloured ones, i`m a mucky pup haha

man, i`m so fussy!x
    There's a red side fastening one in New Look adn I love it but it didn't look right on me.
    1983 wrote:
    New Look have some lovely coats in the now, I really like this mustardy one, and it's got a side button fastening, rather than down the middle. It's either mustard or green, I can't remember. :(
    hood? length?

i`m lovin the mustard colour right now...

x
    I'm loving it too.
    Littleali wrote:
    hood? length?

i`m lovin the mustard colour right now...

x

It's just a tailored coat, no hood or owt. Would look swish with a chunky scarf and beret.

:D
    1983 wrote:
    It's just a tailored coat, no hood or owt. Would look swish with a chunky scarf and beret.

:D
    sounds lovlay, i really want a hood tho, brollies are poo wen its windy :(
    I have about 10 coats, so unless I see a really nice one for cheap I doubt I'll be getting a new one any time soon...:)
    I love this one
    I'll be using my leather jacket, and for the coldest days I'll use my old black plain coath if I can find it.
    I'm trying to save money this winter to go abroad next summer. :yes:
    I bought this from Dotty P's today, I think I've changed my mind about it now though :impissed:

DFZ54-ms.jpg
    Some people like bags or shoes, I like coats. I have a short, wool 60s style one in bright yellow, macs in three different colours, a cream pea coat, a red Paddington-style duffel coat and also a navy duffel coat, maroon wool waist-tie coat, an absolutely beautiful green and navy check double-breasted coat/winter jacket from DKNY.

All - bar the first - are from charity shops and cost under a tenner :thumb:

But mostly in winter I wear my mum's huge woollen checked poncho from the 60s, I fucking love it - it's even got a huge hood. Though I got laughed at on the street last winter by some little shit *shakes fist*
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Went down the Southampton boat show the otherday and bought myself a nice Henri Lloyd jacket. Good bit of kit.
    Weekender Offender 
    i've got 3 winter coats. one from river island, it's cord with a furry hood (much nicer than it sounds!). then i have a longer length one with a fur hood from topshop and then a waist length firetrap jacket.

i don't need a new jacket this year. :thumb:
    lea_uk wrote:
    I love this one
    thats nice

but practical? no :no: x
    This is the one I've just ordered:

http://www.dorothyperkins.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.cgi?prodid=DFM75&session_id=117465785

I chose it mainly because it has a waist without having to have a belt... finding clothes with proper waists is proving a little difficult nowadays...

It doesn't have a hood, but that's what I've got a hat for :yes:
    Kate1 wrote:
    This is the one I've just ordered:

http://www.dorothyperkins.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.cgi?prodid=DFM75&session_id=117465785

I chose it mainly because it has a waist without having to have a belt... finding clothes with proper waists is proving a little difficult nowadays...

It doesn't have a hood, but that's what I've got a hat for :yes:

I really like that. I love big buttons - and it's smart enough for work and for everyday wear. Nice! :D
    Glittery wrote:
    I bought this from Dotty P's today, I think I've changed my mind about it now though :impissed:

DFZ54-ms.jpg

I want that SO much. Send it here! :D
    It's really fancy and an eye-catcher.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    StrubbleS wrote:
    It's really fancy and an eye-catcher.

That reminds me of the coats they wore in a doctor who episode:

Linky.
    I've got a lovely clima-warm one. It makes Me steam horse sytle... literary.
    lea_uk wrote:

Absolutely gorgeous.
    i only have 2 coats :impissed:

one is just a plain black jackety one from H+M , and the other is a black "waterproof" one that my mum got me that is about 4 sizes too big!!

so i think i might just have a look around for another one.. cream maybe :yes:
    i really like the long thigh length coats too, but because im so short they generally look stupid on me!! so those are out!!
    lea_uk wrote:

That is really nice :yes: I love the colour...
    that coat is sexual :naughty: