Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Is this a pregnancy scare?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically, me and my girl have been having a bit of fun for a few weeks. Lots of touching and rubbing. Saturday night (2 nights ago) we spent the whole night together and did the same as usual, just for a lot longer and in my bed. There was no penetration. About 24hours later, she said that she had been sick.

My thinking is that she needs to get a pregnancy test. Or am I over-reacting?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    About 24hours later, she said that she had been sick.

Having never been pregnant myself but just going by logic I would say this is TOTALLY unrelated, penetration or not.
    Or am I over-reacting?

I would say definetly. Noting wrong with a pregnancy test if it puts you at ease though.
    I'd say it's nothing to worry about, don't think morning sickness comes on that quickly from what i can remember :)
    Depends if you're thinking the sickness is "morning sickness" and a symptom of pregnancy.. Symptoms of pregnancy would not appear that quickly - even if any semen (including pre-cum!) got anywhere near her, any egg wouldn't barely have been fertilised in two days, nevermind morning sickness kicking in (which is typically around 8-10 weeks after conception, I think!).

However, if she's on the Pill and you're concerned she might have taken it and within hours it reappeared when she was sick and it wasn't absorbed, then she ought to take the morning after pill (if there was the slightest chance any cum got near her) and if she doesn't get a period within the next month or so, yes, take a pregnancy test then.
    However, if she's on the Pill and you're concerned she might have taken it and within hours it reappeared when she was sick and it wasn't absorbed, then she ought to take the morning after pill (if there was the slightest chance any cum got near her) and if she doesn't get a period within the next month or so, yes, take a pregnancy test then.

Good point. I'll actually admit I read it as that you were worried she was being sick due to being pregnant, and never thought of that. :) Glad there's some sensible people that can read between lines on here. :)
    no thats not a pregnancy scare. Pregnancy sickness wouldnt start till usually 2 to 4 weeks after conception, and since you didnt even have sex, conception is unlikely to have occured anyway.
    Pregnancy sickness wouldnt start till usually 2 to 4 weeks after conception

Wow, is that all it is?!

Shows what I've forgotten since GCSE Child Development! :blush:

Yes but in all honesty, how many people took GCSE Child Development serious enough to remember something like that? ;)

At our school most girls took it for a easy GCSE, or because they prefered it to woodwork (my reason for choosing it at any rate). Lads tried taking it as well, but soon dropped out when they saw the video of the woman giving birth! Wimps.
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Yes but in all honesty, how many people took GCSE Child Development serious enough to remember something like that? ;)

At our school most girls took it for a easy GCSE, or because they prefered it to woodwork (my reason for choosing it at any rate). Lads tried taking it as well, but soon dropped out when they saw the video of the woman giving birth! Wimps.

I did! I got a B - one of my highest grades. Was actually quite proud of myself :p

Mind you, I wanted to be a nursery nurse when I chose my options in Year 9. Now, eight years later, the thought of children anywhere near me makes me shudder! :nervous:
    Other than the pill thing you've got nothing to worry about, though I am impressed by how much you seem to care! :thumb:
    According to recent rumors on the internet, you can get a girl preggers with kissing her!! so be prepared, since I haven't checked the credibility of the source.
    Ok, I'll assume thats she's just a little unwell rather than up the duff :P

Thanks for all the advice everyone.
    Wow, is that all it is?!

well not everyone even gets it, and not everyone gets it that early, but some people start feeling sick around the time their period is due - ie 4 weeks pregnant, or 2 weeks after conception. most people would start getting sick (if they were going to) at about 6 to 8 weeks pregnant.
    I did! I got a B - one of my highest grades. Was actually quite proud of myself :p

And me! I was quite proud though, because I came out of the exam and checked most of my answers and I wasn't right. Luckily my coursework had all been A's, so my exam papr had the chance to suck :D
    Ok, I'll assume thats she's just a little unwell rather than up the duff :P

That would be an accurate assumption. :yes:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    xsazx wrote:
    errrr lol considering there isnt sperm or eggs in your mouths and your gullet doesnt take contents anywhere near reproductive organs i dont see how thats possible.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke
    :p