Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

24, virgin, never been kissed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

As the title says, I'm 24 and have never even pulled a girl nevermind had sex.

I'm not a bad-looking guy (although I'm fairly short at 5'6") and am pretty successful - graduated from Cambridge, have a 6-figure salary, dress very smartly etc, and am very sociable and outgoing. I don't have any hesitation meeting new people and making conversation.

I'm regarded as very popular, have a lot of good friends, and especially a lot of fit female friends. They say how I'm such a nice / sweet / charming etc guy, but nobody ever wants to be with me in *that* way.

Since about age 13 I have been rejected dozens of times by girls, same thing every time that they really like me as a friend but don't feel the same way.

However I've tried to change - looking, "on the pull", not looking whatsoever, trying to not be such a "nice guy" etc, whether meeting people at bars, nightclubs, house parties, through friends, dinners, societies, work, on the internet etc, none of it makes any difference, I just don't seem to be "fanciable".

Friends always say the same thing, that don't worry, you'll meet your princess some day, there's the right person waiting for you etc, but now age 24 and have not even pulled a girl, not even a drunken kiss, I'm getting very worried that it'll always be like this.

Everything in my life is perfect except this, it makes me insecure and is the one thing missing.

x

Comments

• Options
    Have you ever gone clubbing? This for me is a sure fire way of getting a woman, she doesn't even have to be pretty the first time (kissing that is). It'll give you more confidence in future.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Have you ever gone clubbing? This for me is a sure fire way of getting a woman, she doesn't even have to be pretty the first time (kissing that is). It'll give you more confidence in future.
    When I said sociable and outgoing I was mainly referring to clubbing, I go clubbing all the time and am regarded as a party animal, I can dance with girls but never pull, they literally turn their cheek or say they're not interested like that etc.
  • Options
    I can see how this can be troubling. This is an obvious missing aspect of your life, but all I can suggest from what you've said that although you've tried to steer away from the 'not being nice' bit as a means of possibly attracting someone, maybe it's also to do with your approach. You say you've got lots of friends, do you tend to establish friendships before you consider trying to initiate a relationship.

Maybe that sounds wrong. What I mean is that people saying you're nice, you're sweet say that because they can see why you're attractive generally i.e. you have the traits that people should be attracted to, they see you as a friend and only ever considered your relationship as friendship. Have you ever met someone in a circumstance that implied you were after more, i.e. dating site, speed dating?

As a female, I don't like to date people who are TOO nice. I've had longterm relationships with guys who are nice, but they have personality - who are funny, who are confident in themselves, who have similar interests to me.

Sorry if this doesn't help much, maybe it'd help more if you described what sort of circumstances you generally meet women...I don't know - maybe I'm just being useless.
  • Options
    I can see how this can be troubling. This is an obvious missing aspect of your life, but all I can suggest from what you've said that although you've tried to steer away from the 'not being nice' bit as a means of possibly attracting someone, maybe it's also to do with your approach. You say you've got lots of friends, do you tend to establish friendships before you consider trying to initiate a relationship.

Maybe that sounds wrong. What I mean is that people saying you're nice, you're sweet say that because they can see why you're attractive generally i.e. you have the traits that people should be attracted to, they see you as a friend and only ever considered your relationship as friendship. Have you ever met someone in a circumstance that implied you were after more, i.e. dating site, speed dating?

As a female, I don't like to date people who are TOO nice. I've had longterm relationships with guys who are nice, but they have personality - who are funny, who are confident in themselves, who have similar interests to me.

Sorry if this doesn't help much, maybe it'd help more if you described what sort of circumstances you generally meet women...I don't know - maybe I'm just being useless.
    Yeah, whether I become friends with someone first or aim to date first makes no difference to my luck, I've repeatedly had the rejection "we're too good friends, I don't want to lose that", and with girls I don't know "I don't know you enough right now, let's just be friends for now..." which results in the first excuse a few months later!

I meet women in all sorts of venues, I'm very good at 'networking' and get introduced to friends of friends etc at bars/nightclubs, parties - house parties, dinners etc, work events and the rest. I hit it off well with them as I have fairly good chat, they're often very impressed if I talk a bit about myself, but it never culminates in anything romantic.
  • Options
    You ever go to Cindies or Pav while you were in Cambridge?

Seriously though, if you can make friends and things like it seems then try and chill. One day youll meet someone who gets to know you as a friend and thinks you'll make an even better boyfriend. You're not alone though, there are plenty of others in similar situations, they just tend not to brag about it like the guys who pull a new lass every night do so you don't hear of them.
  • Options
    Sometimes it just takes people a little bit longer than others. From your your post you seem like a really nice guy with a lot going for you. Just hang in there, get going out to pubs and clubs and get sociallising and i'm sure you'll meet the right girl. Good luck for the future :) XxX
  • Options
    My fiance may not appreciate this if he sees it, but oh well.....

when we met he was 21, big muscly rugby player, out every weekend

we had sex, and then he informed me he was a virgin!

my point is, the most unlikely people can be virgins and its not a bad thing

he is totally glad he waited, we`ve now been togther 4 years and are happy as larry, so please...dont worry, as your friend said, ur princess will come one day

going to clubs and slaggin around is not the answer, it`ll happen when its time :)
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    My fiance may not appreciate this if he sees it, but oh well.....

when we met he was 21, big muscly rugby player, out every weekend

we had sex, and then he informed me he was a virgin!

my point is, the most unlikely people can be virgins and its not a bad thing

he is totally glad he waited, we`ve now been togther 4 years and are happy as larry, so please...dont worry, as your friend said, ur princess will come one day

going to clubs and slaggin around is not the answer, it`ll happen when its time :)

Very good point! Although I think it's more the idea that he's not even engaging in a relationship, let alone any sexual aspect? Had your boyfriend previously had girlfriends, people he's dated?

I think it's a case of keep trying, meeting people etc....remember also that people out clubbing though may well be very interested in meeting people, aren't out looking for anything meaningful and in terms of sex and stuff, though it's totally dependant on you, if you did find someone out clubbing who was game for taking it further, it may not be the way you want to first experience sex i.e. with someone you don't know, don't feel 100% comfy with.
  • Options
    Very good point! Although I think it's more the idea that he's not even engaging in a relationship, let alone any sexual aspect? Had your boyfriend previously had girlfriends, people he's dated?
    nope, he had kissed one girl when he was 15 before he met me, no girlfriends, or any sexual activity

be patient my child, it`ll be worth it :thumb:
  • Options
    I suppose we'll have to take your word for that then.
  • Options
    @Mowbray:

This is what everyfuckingone is telling me as well: Just wait, the right one will come, MY ASS.

I have to say I shouldn't whine compared to you, since you are 4 further years ahead of me, I have been kissed and am not a virgin anymore.

On the other hand, hell, this is one problem you got. I am a lazy bum struggling through university so he can earn some money and in the meantime I am living on my parents wallet.

It's not the only thing: but girls dig stability and man who can provide stability and support, with a good job and a decent salary. You have got a lot of friends as you said, so you are an economical and social winner, it honestly can't take too long until you find a proper girl, since you seem to be a nice guy and not be too ugly (from your own opinion).
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    @Mowbray:

This is what everyfuckingone is telling me as well: Just wait, the right one will come, MY ASS.

I have to say I shouldn't whine compared to you, since you are 4 further years ahead of me, I have been kissed and am not a virgin anymore.

On the other hand, hell, this is one problem you got. I am a lazy bum struggling through university so he can earn some money and in the meantime I am living on my parents wallet.

It's not the only thing: but girls dig stability and man who can provide stability and support, with a good job and a decent salary. You have got a lot of friends as you said, so you are an economical and social winner, it honestly can't take too long until you find a proper girl, since you seem to be a nice guy and not be too ugly (from your own opinion).

You're right, he may well have money, a good job and salary and be able to provide financially but by no means is that a guarantee that someone'll be along cause they're attracted by financial security. I think Strubbles make a fair point though that you are coming across as someone who has all these pro's - a party animal social life, good job and money, and you feel you're attractive, but if so much is going for you...then why not this? What would you say were your negatives? You paint yourself in a very positive light, is there not a single aspect, bar the bit about women seeing you just as a friend, that you could criticise.

I know when I've called someone sweet and nice and how they should have someone, but knowing that I'm not attracted to them like that, it tends to be physical attraction that is lacking, or I find they're sweetness is because they can be really shy, closed off or say the right things at the right time and I find they're not 'genuine' or saying the right things because they think they should and not talking off the cuff and naturally. Plus you're 24 and that is young and I appreciate your frustration but maybe you do just have to wait and let it happen. Maybe try a new means of meeting people - speed dating, an advert with an agency, profile website maybe?
  • Options
    Mowbray wrote:
    Yeah, whether I become friends with someone first or aim to date first makes no difference to my luck, I've repeatedly had the rejection "we're too good friends, I don't want to lose that", and with girls I don't know "I don't know you enough right now, let's just be friends for now..." which results in the first excuse a few months later!

I meet women in all sorts of venues, I'm very good at 'networking' and get introduced to friends of friends etc at bars/nightclubs, parties - house parties, dinners etc, work events and the rest. I hit it off well with them as I have fairly good chat, they're often very impressed if I talk a bit about myself, but it never culminates in anything romantic.
    It's one of those things that's hard to tell without actually watching you, but this bit in particular drew my attention. Now I assume by that you don't mean that you just talk about yourself all night. But when talking about her, how obvious do you make it that you find her attractive?
  • Options
    It's one of those things that's hard to tell without actually watching you, but this bit in particular drew my attention. Now I assume by that you don't mean that you just talk about yourself all night. But when talking about her, how obvious do you make it that you find her attractive?

Maybe being such a success is also quite...intimidating...or comes across as bigheaded or arrogant?
  • Options
    Maybe being such a success is also quite...intimidating...or comes across as bigheaded or arrogant?
    I dunno about that. I know plenty of arrogant little shits that have girlfriends. Usually they have nothing to actually be arrogant about though.
  • Options
    try a dating site.
  • Options
    i say post a picture of yourself, you say your a fairly good looking bloke..

I dont want to intimidate you or anything, but i would like to see a pic of you.

I'd suggest a dating site if your a fairly good looking chap.
  • Options
    Are you confident or are you really shy?
  • Options
    Let's get to the point -

If you do have good looks and stay clean/tidy and fashionable then your problem is your ATTITUDE.

There are some things you need to realize. Women LOVE sex just as much as you and me, some even MORE.

Having a six figure salary, lots of friends, decent looks and qualifications will not get you laid. A bit of background about me, 20 years old, grew up in the anfield liverpool, two years ago I had no friends, I have no real qualifications and currently jobless. Yet i have no trouble meeting women at all and high quality women at that. In fact, i'm lucky to have a fair level of looks, i know some people very average looking who are incredible with girls.

I believe there should be a rule for every man, you shouldn't get into a serious relationship until you've experienced atleast 30 women so that the moment he meets his princess, he will know how to make her happy and make it work.

I understand you get called cute and sweet a lot, cute and sweet is what they call their dog, their nephew. You think the guy they fuck themselves over of a night is called sweet and cute? It sounds like you have a total lack of sexual aggressiveness, it is this sexuality that wants a girl to rip your clothes off and make love to you.

I will try to keep it simple, but use your initiative to understand this.

Although there are a lot of differences between men and women one is the same, we BOTH react to what makes us horny, a girl that you like, who is flirting and enjoying socializing is looking for the man that makes her wet between the legs most, just like as a man you look at all the girls and become hypnotized by the girl who makes you feel like you get hard when you hug her.

So it is true then, that in order to kiss or have sex with a woman you have to make her horny, yes? I hope that is a yes you are saying.

So this is where your nice guy attitude fails, you do not make her FEEL anything, you do not drive her crazy and make her want to rip your clothes off. Try, next time you are out clubbing, look at the most beautiful girl in the room and feel that feeling that makes you get hard, about fucking her, look at her soft skin, the way she stands and the way her eyes open wide when she talks to people, yes she is a godess, the female body is a beautiful thing, can you feel those deep feelings inside you? the one that make your pupils dialate and you want to grab hold of her with a stern look? That is sexual state, the tonality in your voice will be deeper, slower, your movements may be slower, you will want to fuck her completely.

Don't be ashamed of feeling like this, like I said, women want sex too, never feel guilty for wanting to fuck a woman.

You also need to understand the difference between nice guy, bastard and asshole.

You already know what a nice guy is, you are him and it is NOT getting you laid so that one is already out the window, a few stated reasons for this are, you're submissive, probably freak them out, needy, possesive, you act like you want to provide for them, you act like they need protecting, you don't believe they want sex as much, you believe they have higher value, you are trying to "get something from them" and many more.

It's also important to remember that these feelings of deep down and are rarely observed on a concious level, you basically respond to feelings which show this.

A bastard is a man who does not know how to handle a woman so resorts to being nasty and disrespectful in order tog et what he wants, in short he is very insecure.

They may very well be in love with their women but cannot handle the feeling of being rejected, so feel they have to de value their women and emotionally damage them so they can own them.

An asshole is something I find hard to describe, it is more something I get called by women in a playful manner and it is a GOOD thing.

You should WANT to be an asshole and I will tell you why. An asshole is unafraid of women, he knows they are sexual creatures and wants to make love to them, maybe he is cocky, he knows he has VALUE. An asshole can see that a woman is horny for him and be the one to take her home and make love to her. The reason she is horny for him? It is his no-nonsence ATTITUDE. With a woman who shows slight interest in mr asshole, she may ask him for something, he may be corny/funny with sexual inuendos and TELL her to say please, then please Matt, then please matt give it to me to which she rolls her eyes and start becoming embarrassed and so on, but it is a simple mindest such as that which DOES actually attract women. Not WHAT he said but what he FELT as he was acting like that with her.

An asshole has sexual body language so that at a glance a girl KNOWS he is a man to her, it is the attitude where you half smile semi-serious and tell her to "come here".

An asshole is not "owned" by any women.

An asshole can say NO to his woman when she asks something of him and if she takes a tantrum he laughs, kisses her and tells her to SHUT UP then takes her to bed where she rips his clothes off. He verbally spanks her for being naughty then fucks her.

I have tried to give you a glance into another world and give you as much information as I can to grasp what I mean, there is more but I can't be bothered right now, I hope this is enough.

from a girls point of view-that is exactly right, no one wants a puppy dog in bed they want an absolute cunt who just oozes sexuality that they want a piece of. best advice ive heard in a while.

and matt- mmmm i bet youre a wicked fuck!
  • Options
    I have tried to give you a glance into another world and give you as much information as I can to grasp what I mean, there is more but I can't be bothered right now, I hope this is enough.
    Very complicated Matt, but some good points. I'll try and be a bit simpler.

You have no problem meeting girls. I assume you have no problem talking to girls you like, since you haven't mentioned anything. So the problem is getting them to think of you as more than just a friendly guy. Firstly, do not hide how you feel about her. Talk to her like a normal person, but don't talk to her like a friend. Make suggestive jokes, flirt, when you get a rapport going, make contact, touch her etc. If you never make these moves, then the girl will never think of you in this way, unless you're physically really good looking (not 'not bad' or average, really good looking).

A friend of mine (very good-looking) is going out with a guy who's probably kinda similar to you. In his mid-20's, fairly wealthy and outgoing, but not particularly special looking, nor particularly ugly. I was talking to her last week about when they first met at a party. He made jokes about the two of them being together, things like that, and she would've never had thought of him in that way if he'd gone up to her and talked to her as a friend.

Oh, and "high quality women"? Is that what they're known as these days? And 30 women? Some people know how to please their princess the first time. ;)
  • Options
    i want to be a princess!
  • Options
    no one wants a puppy dog in bed they want an absolute cunt who just oozes sexuality

Nah, girls seem to want to corrupt me :yes:

Generally though, you sound like Bradley off Eastenders. It does sort of depend on what circles you move in. I'm guessing that meat markets aint really your natural habitat, if they were then you'd have well pulled by now.

I'm also guessing you don't go bragging about your salary and stuff, because if you had done, then you'd have attracted some gold digging little tart no problem. But maybe it all just says that you're too nice and too genuine?

A lot of boys would use stuff like that to get a leg over, because they know a lot of girls like blokes with money. I'm not saying you should turn into a cunt or anything, but learn how to big yourself up more.

Hope it works out and that.
  • Options
    from a girls point of view-that is exactly right, no one wants a puppy dog in bed they want an absolute cunt who just oozes sexuality that they want a piece of. best advice ive heard in a while.

If a girl a bloke is after wants a cunt in bed then I'd say they're barking up the wrong tree ;)

I think the OP's state of mind is probably stopping them from "pulling" or forming a relationship rather than any physical or sociological trait or issue. If you're going here and there and everywhere in your social life with your eyes peeled and thoughts on finding a girl then you're pretty much resigning yourself to failure... or a fate worse than that (i.e. the first girl who'll have you, which isn't what you want I don't think).

I think MattLiverpool hit the nail on the head with this comment:
    You also need to understand the difference between nice guy, bastard and asshole.

Which is pivotal to any long-standing and worthwhile success with the opposite sex, though it's not something many men do understand to be honest :p
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i want to be a princess!
    Aww, I'm sure your dad thinks you are. :lol:
  • Options
    oh, Dr. mattliverpool returnes.

If I ever read "High quality woman" once again I swear I stab someone in the face.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    I think what MattLiverpool is saying is woman like guys with confidence that know their own minds.

In fact if you have Sky TV and if it's still on Living TV - check out the program how to find a husband - it follows a 37 year old TV Presenter that really is single and looking to get married and follows her over a 10 week period of dating 50 guys in 70 days.

That might help give you some insight into what women want, but if anyone really knew what they wanted and could get it down on paper they'd have a best seller on their hands. :thumb:

You'll probabaly find they want a bad boy when they're younger and a good boy when they're ready to settle down.
  • Options
    Just wanted to say I’m kind of in the same position. However I have never dared ask the question :)

You’re not the only one out there! It makes me feel better and more normal to know I’m not the only one.

It is difficult at times, because I’m always worrying what other people will think of me, I must beat myself up 3/4 times a day over this question; As to why I’m not the same as everybody else.

PS: to everyone else who replied, thanks because its not just the person who asks the question who benefits, there a lot of others out there in the same boat. :thumb:

Hope it helps knowing your not alone :D
  • Options
    Yeah, those God damn nice guys make me want to vomit! Always being nice to people and playing by the rules. Why can't they go around stabbing kittens like the rest of us?! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    What? :confused: