Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's why you need to make up a budget.

All the work isn't healthy, if you're so tired all the time, your work will suffer. I don't want to be all parental but you'll have to cut down on your spending, in anyway you can.

:heart: to you.
  • Options
    I know I do. And I know working this much is bad for me.

I don't think they quite understand that IB = different to A Levels though. None of them even know what it is, or *quite* how hard I have to work to get good marks and stuff.

Meh.
  • Options
    You need to decide whats more important, a bit of cash in your pocket or your college work.

Theres no point working loads of shit hours to save up money for uni if working to earn that money severely affects your college work. Whats the point?

Why do you need to save up so much money for uni btw? I went to uni with nothing in my bank as did most of my friends. Are you not applying for a loan or something?

Stick up to your manager. I worked at Maccies for 3 whole years. I had similar problems to you at times but I just put my foot down. I always got my own way in the end. Just be stubborn and stick up for yourself. They have enough staff for you to work around your other committments. You know this so cut down your hours and put your foot down. £45 a fortnight is 10 hours work. You don't need to do 50-60 hours a fortnight surely?

Take care of yourself. This is your bodies way of telling you that you are overdoing it. I've been there so many times before and its horrible. You'll end up making yourself really ill if you don't sort it out tbh.
  • Options
    Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.
  • Options
    Why the fuck do groups have to single me out?! I have enough bullshit to deal with without people taking the piss out of me all the time!! :banghead:

Oh, whats the fucking point? Why don't I just slit my wrists right now!? It's not like I've got anything to look forward too. Fucking same old bullshit my whole fucking life. I'm sick of it. Nothing to look forward to. There's no fucking point anymore...
  • Options
    Lifeless wrote:
    Why the fuck do groups have to single me out?! I have enough bullshit to deal with without people taking the piss out of me all the time!! :banghead:

Oh, whats the fucking point? Why don't I just slit my wrists right now!? It's not like I've got anything to look forward too. Fucking same old bullshit my whole fucking life. I'm sick of it. Nothing to look forward to. There's no fucking point anymore...

Ellaborate more sweet - whose been singling you out/picking on you.

What about the ways in which you can change your life for the better, what's to stop you making something more of your life, making it better than you? There's lots to live for sweet it's just hard to see it when you're low and in a rut.
  • Options
    Lifeless wrote:
    Oh, whats the fucking point?

The point is simple, squire. All you need is air to breathe and food to eat. Nothing else matters. Nothing else is important, in the grand scheme of things. The only things that are important are those that you let become important.

As for the simple point - it really is very simple indeed. Fuck them. There is only one person in your life who is important - and that is you. If people dick you around, dump them at the bottom of your importance scale. Because it's where they deserve to be. :thumb: :)
  • Options
    Why do you need to save up so much money for uni btw? I went to uni with nothing in my bank as did most of my friends. Are you not applying for a loan or something?
    I am, but my mum says that's what she wants me to do.

I know I need to cut down my hours. I've told her since the beginning of the term that I can't work this much, but she still keeps giving it to me. And yet there's a girl that's said she can only work one 5 hour shift a week (because her parents are making her, because she didn't get straight A's in her AS's), and she gets it. Thing is though, we DON'T have much staff. Loads of people are fucking off to Uni now, and we have such a high turnover rate as it is. So they give everyone loads of hours. My friend Laura (who goes to my college) was on a 6-day week last week. It was rubbish.

Meh. I dunno. And I'm still tired despite my nearly 8 hours of sleep.

:(.

P.S. Andy - I hope you're ok sweetheart :heart:.
  • Options
    I've just had to tell a manager in the store that I work at that I can't work overtime for her- she isn't even my manager- but I did feel really bad.

She was seriously pissed off, but it's not like she's my manager. She'll soon come running when she needs help again.

work= meh.
  • Options
    I'm going to the doctor on Friday. I've decided. I think that's the only way I'm gonna get them to cut down my hours is if I tell them the doctor says I have to or something.

Meh.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    I'm going to the doctor on Friday. I've decided. I think that's the only way I'm gonna get them to cut down my hours is if I tell them the doctor says I have to or something.

Meh.

You have to do something, even if you need money because if you carry on the way you are, you will make yourself ill and you dont need the added stress. I think the Doctor might agree as well. You just have to stand up for yourself. But dont just tell them put in writing.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    I am, but my mum says that's what she wants me to do.

I know I need to cut down my hours. I've told her since the beginning of the term that I can't work this much, but she still keeps giving it to me. And yet there's a girl that's said she can only work one 5 hour shift a week (because her parents are making her, because she didn't get straight A's in her AS's), and she gets it. Thing is though, we DON'T have much staff. Loads of people are fucking off to Uni now, and we have such a high turnover rate as it is. So they give everyone loads of hours. My friend Laura (who goes to my college) was on a 6-day week last week. It was rubbish.

Its not up to your Mum what you do but ok.

You shouldn't have to get a doctors note to reduce the number of shifts you are working. You are a part time member of staff, not full time.

Stick up for yourself ffs, hun. I did it despite the shit I got for it. You do the same. Put your foot down. Tell them that if they carry on giving you the amount of shifts they are doing, then you are going to have to leave because its affecting your health and college work. It won't backfire. They can't sack you for saying it.

Its what I did and after that, I got the hours I wanted. Seriously, get it sorted. Carry on doing the amount of hours you are doing then you won't even get into Uni (because from what I've read, you fall asleep in college and don't have the energy to do any of your work so you are bound to fail if it carries on) so saving up will be a complete and utter waste of time. Sorry to be harsh hun. I'm really not meaning to have a go. I just don't understand why you are letting them walk all over you like this.

Seriously, just stick up for yourself. Threaten to leave unless they sort it out. Your college work and health is more important than bloody Mc'Donalds.

Take care xx
  • Options
    Snow White Queen is right, Franki. You need to stick up for yourself.

I can relate to what you're going through, in my final year at college I was being given insane amounts of shifts, three or four night shifts during the week and then two on weekends. Whenever my friends wanted to do something, I couldn't because I was working. I was allowed to do my homework at work but it still didn't change the fact that I had long schooldays and then usually it was straight off to work.
    It was getting so bad that I had no energy left, I was exhausted all the time and the few days I had off I didn't feel like seeing my friends. When I was at home I constantly felt like crying. In the end I talked to my boss and told her I just couldn't keep this up and asked for more days off, which I got.

Now, however, my workplace is understaffed once more, and I'm constantly being harassed to work. Right now my boss is hoping I'll put a big smile on my face at the thought of doing a 13 hour shift on Saturday and then starting at 9 on Sunday. I put my foot down and now she's trying to solve things differently. I'll do it if there's no other way, but not before other solutions have been given a try. I don't want to spend my weekends like this.

I don't mind working, even if I technically don't need it since I receive student loans, but I've learned that in order to do so successfully I must decide how much is enough. If I don't, I'm constantly getting more and more shifts that I can't handle. I'm at my final year at uni now, and doing well *IS* more important than a few extra quid (or in my case, ISK) in a dead-ended job.

And, when you start laying down the lines, you often end up receiving more respect. It's a shit scenario working your ass off and all you get is being taken for granted.

Take care of yourself :)
  • Options
    I told Lauren today that I can't work Sunday and she's taking me off the rota for then.

I think it should be ok...Paul is doing the rotas now and he's one of my favourite managers. So I should be alright for hours now.

Yawn.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    I told Lauren today that I can't work Sunday and she's taking me off the rota for then.

I think it should be ok...Paul is doing the rotas now and he's one of my favourite managers. So I should be alright for hours now.

Yawn.

Good to hear it, you just have to stick to your guns and make sure they dont rosta you on. Make sure to get enough sleep now or it wont help matters. :yes:
  • Options
    Why do all good things come to an end? :(
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:

*hugs* Aww hunnie are you okay? Maybe its for the best, sometimes we have to finish things when we dont want too but its better for us in the long run.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:

Because better ones need to start from somewhere. :)
  • Options
    It might be bad now but it will get better.
  • Options
    Cheers. Not ok if I'm honest, can't stop crying, he doesn't want me back, so no going back now.
  • Options
    Oh, hi...

I have been suffering from mild depression on and off, and while it does not seem to be a steady cure, I can always find ways to make me happy before the next shit hits the fan. This will probably be in a week or several weeks, when unit starts again. I made only bad experience and it's wearing me down. Heck, I managed to wear out to fuckin CHECK MY results for an exam. Like if I pretended there weren't any results my negative grade would become undone. I have still got the pills here the doc prescribed me, but I never took a single one. I posted it already once on here, but I am a paramedic and I believe in stopping a bleeding or to immobilize a broken bone, but I am doubtful for the remedy of the spirit. I wouldn't even be surprised if all the ADs are placebos and people start to believe in themselves again through them (pills)...

Anyway I must already sound like a nut for y'all.

I had a very good friend once and she was suffering of depression to. In a degree, where she wouldn't do much anymore, her life stood on hold. I talked to her loads, made her laugh and helped her in many decisions in life until she had a grip of helping herself again/having enough overview to seek professional help.

Right now, I have another friend who might be depressive. He does not talk much and is a pretty inside person with his problems, but let alone the fact that he sleept 15 hours a day (sometimes with a ~2 hour nap at his awake time, making him effectively 7 hours awake per day) is causing me grief....

On the outside I may appear like a clown on these forums, but if anyone fancies a talk about some issue I'd invite him/her to pm/im me, I show that I'm serious as well.

chin up, folks.
  • Options
    I hate life, I hate my job, I dont really like the people I work with, I hate having NO friends that live any where near me, I hate my ex. I have fucking obvious self harm scars (worst ones for ages) ans still no-one actually seems to a) notice or b) give a shit. :crying:
  • Options
    Hugs Marie :)

Don't really know what else to say, I'm not too great this eve.

Take care hun.
  • Options
    *hugs both of you*

Marie - we give a shit.

Hope you're ok yous two <3
  • Options
    I cut my arms. I binged, I made myself sick. All in one day when I was doing so well and tonight's pizza (boss' leaving do) was going to be guilt-free.

I feel like shit. I'm exhausted, physically and emotionally, and I can't do this any more. Term hasn't even started yet.
  • Options
    Darlin, we all have moments like this. Just remember that we're all here for you. It's time to start again.
  • Options
    i love you kate.

please be safe.

xxxxx
  • Options
    I hate life, I hate my job, I dont really like the people I work with, I hate having NO friends that live any where near me, I hate my ex. I have fucking obvious self harm scars (worst ones for ages) ans still no-one actually seems to a) notice or b) give a shit. :crying:
    welcome to the world. no one ever gives a shit.
  • Options

Fuck off. Some of us care about the welfare of others - we're not all the same.
  • Options

Ummm......yes they do. This thread is proof of that.