Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Six coppers sent to investigate Cherie Blair 'slapping incident'

Cherie Blair has been investigated by police over claims that she motioned to slap a 17-year-old boy.

Strathclyde Police took statements from witnesses to the alleged incident, which occurred at a national school sports event in Glasgow last Saturday.

Mrs Blair was reported to have made a playful gesture to a boy who made a "rabbit ears" gesture behind her head.

Police said "it had been established no incident had taken place" and that the inquiry into the matter was now closed.

Six detectives were sent to investigate after officials from the Child Protection in Sport Unit complained to police.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/5353174.stm

Only in this country... :rolleyes:

If there was any justice in this world the in-no-way-politically-motivated wankstain who made the complaint would be charged with wasting police time.

Though police procedures should be revised as well. I should think in any other country the police would have told the complainant to FUCK OFF straight away.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The problem is, that as I understand it the Police have to 'investigate' all of the complaints they get now to stop them just ignoring some people.
    Seems such a waste of time, especially as neither the guy or his parents had any complaint.
    The person who complained should be charged with wasting police time, but I assume when the police started the investigation they wouldn't have had anything to go on except a complaint Cherie Blair had slapped a teenager. If they'd ignored the headlines would have been about police ignoring Cherie's vicous assault on a member of a fencing team
    Nice to see where police priorities lie...
    if the blood prime ministers wife cant even dish out a slap to an unsuspecting ruffian these days, then who the hell can?
    Rather silly, but t6he police have to do it, so they did it.

Speaking politically, I'd have done the cunt for affray and put it in prison.
    You say that, but you know that big smile would just melt your heart!
    Cherie%20Blair.jpg
    Of course this is absolutely absurd. But nonetheless it's fantastic to see a law-abiding member of the liberal elite fall victim to heavy-handed police tactics; which these days seem to ignore the real criminals instead more often than not victimising decent, hard-working people. Although in this case the victim is not particularly decent and some would question the 'law-abiding' description given her use of a conman to try and get a good deal on a flat. Oh that was a silly mistake wasn't it? Because one of the most qualified lawyers in the country is really that naive...
    Cherie's mouth is lovely:

_861686_mediacentre150.jpg
    if the blood prime ministers wife cant even dish out a slap to an unsuspecting ruffian these days, then who the hell can?

Quite so.

She appears to be showing the softer feminine side of their relationship, while her husband dishes out the hard stuff, with the help of his stormtroopers.
    I never have quite understood the indescribable hatred, vitriol and nastiness Cherie Blair finds herself at the receiving end of.

Other than not being up to the physical beauty standards some people would perhaps like her to be (Norma Major or Margaret Thatcher being former Miss Universe themselves, naturally :rolleyes: ), using her maiden name or having the temerity of being a career woman instead of being at home looking after the kids like a good Tory wife would, I really struggle to find reasons for such hatred.

Would anyone care to explain?
    Aladdin wrote:
    I never have quite understood the indescribable hatred, vitriol and nastiness Cherie Blair finds herself at the receiving end of.

Other than not being up to the physical beauty standards some people would perhaps like her to be (Norma Major or Margaret Thatcher being former Miss Universe themselves, naturally :rolleyes: ), using her maiden name or having the temerity of being a career woman instead of being at home looking after the kids like a good Tory wife would, I really struggle to find reasons for such hatred.

Would anyone care to explain?

Soft target? Some of the criticism is fair, she does have a perchant for freebies and its certainly newsworthy when as a lawyer she does things which are opposite from her husbanb's (or technically the Queen's ) Government.

That said some of the attacks are a bit personal and below the belt. Same for Denis Thatcher being painted a gin sodden buffoon under his wife's thumb.
    Yeah, I'm sure some of the criticism is fair, and by the looks of it she has acted less than perfectly regarding privileges or position of power in the past.

Though she's certainly not worse than an immense number of MPs and members of the cabinet. And you don't see anyone else receiving even 10% of the stick she gets.

The Daily Mail & Mail on Sunday in particular should be ashamed of themselves.

Anyways, whatever her faults you would think being married to Tony is punishment enough wouldn't you? ;)
    Aladdin wrote:
    Anyways, whatever her faults you would think being married to Tony is punishment enough wouldn't you? ;)

:lol:
    im not sure why people hate her so much either. I think its just hatred of her husband kind of spills back onto her though. maybe not fair, but kind of understandable.
    She is corrupt to the core, an opportunistic and vicious woman who would sell her own grandmother if it would give her another dubiously-obtained flat in Bristol.

She gets vitriol for abusing her position, and profiteering out of charity work. And then having the gall to do the whole "Superwoman" blubbing shite. And then she gets vitriol for who she is married to.

And on top of all that, her father is an obnoxious cunt too.
    Kermit wrote:
    She is corrupt to the core, an opportunistic and vicious woman who would sell her own grandmother if it would give her another dubiously-obtained flat in Bristol.
    What makes you say that, exactly?

Unless you are saying that absolutely everyone who had ever (possibly) abused their position to their favour is vicious and would sell their own grandmother, I don't see Cherie being worse than hundreds upon hundreds of MPs.
    She gets vitriol for abusing her position, and profiteering out of charity work.
    See above.
    And then having the gall to do the whole "Superwoman" blubbing shite.
    She doesn't "do" the Superwoman blubbing shite. That is a tag that's been put on her by the press, seemly uncomfortable with a woman who has her own career and manages it to juggle it with being a mother and the PM's wife.
    And then she gets vitriol for who she is married to.

And on top of all that, her father is an obnoxious cunt too.
    That's a bit harsh isn't it? Unless we're descending to the lynch mob mentality whereby relatives of wrongdoers must also be burnt at the stake.
    Aladdin wrote:
    What makes you say that, exactly?

Unless you are saying that absolutely everyone who had ever (possibly) abused their position to their favour is vicious and would sell their own grandmother, I don't see Cherie being worse than hundreds upon hundreds of MPs.

MPs who are caught trousering £100,000 from charity speeches are roundly criticised too.

She IS corrupt, and the Australia speaking tour was quite simply beyond the pale.
    She doesn't "do" the Superwoman blubbing shite. That is a tag that's been put on her by the press, seemly uncomfortable with a woman who has her own career and manages it to juggle it with being a mother and the PM's wife.

It's got nothing to do with that.

It's about her palming her kids off with nannies and then patronising other working women by saying they can do it too.

It's about blubbing away saying how she's under so much "stress" and how nobody "understands" her when she is caught- again- with her hands in the till.

I don't forget her reaction when the Caplin scandal came out- lets get in front of the cameras and have a good cry. She's a cynical bitch, and I despise her.

It's about how she will wheel her kids out for every photo opportunity, and then have a fit when people start commenting on how strange it is that your baby boy has certain medical privileges that nobody else gets. It's about exploiting your daughter for political and financial gain, and then having a fit when it gets out that she's tried to kill herself on numerous occasions because of the way she's been treated and used.

Maybe it is harsh, but if you are a cynical profiteer who is married to a cynical profiteer who also murders people, then you're gonna get flak for it.
    If there is anything you can't accuse the Blairs of is to parade their children in front of the press for personal or political gain.

And I don't know why you think her grief regarding the Caplin affair was not genuine. How would you feel if cunt after cunt, from half-sisters to former confindants and friends, sell your affairs and secrets to the tabloid press for cash?

:lol: Abbie, you crack me up!

It's an unpopular opinion but I actually like Cherie; and have to say she is a very attractive woman in the flesh (not that it should matter one iota what she looks like, of course).
    Aladdin wrote:
    If there is anything you can't accuse the Blairs of is to parade their children in front of the press for personal or political gain.

I must have imagined the photoshoots with baby Leo, and I must have imagined Blair's campaigning as a new dad "man of the people". I also must have imagined the huge trumpeting of his family when they all moved into No11.
    And I don't know why you think her grief regarding the Caplin affair was not genuine. How would you feel if cunt after cunt, from half-sisters to former confindants and friends, sell your affairs and secrets to the tabloid press for cash?

I couldn't give a rat's ass about how upset she was (the more the better IMHO), it was the way she wanted everyone to see how upset she was.

As Ian Hislop said, you can almost see the onion she's holding when she's doing all that "I'm not superwoman" bullshit in that pathetic press conference.

And as for selling out for cash, she's a fine one to talk, milking well over one hundred thousand of our English pounds out of Australian childrens' charities.
    Kermit wrote:
    I must have imagined the photoshoots with baby Leo, and I must have imagined Blair's campaigning as a new dad "man of the people". I also must have imagined the huge trumpeting of his family when they all moved into No11.
    Absolutely every high profile politician with children, be PMs, MPs, cabinet ministers or opposition leaders, have appeared with their children in front of the press or for the press from time to time. That is not parading the children in any way- not any more than everyone else has done anyway.

Of course a newborn baby of a serving PM is going to be presented to the press ffs.

I still see no parading of Blair's children at all. They have done what is considered by everyone the right and appropriate amount of public appearances and photoshoots. Let's not pretend is any different.

Do you think in the same lines regarding, say, the Royal Family? All those disgusting photoshoots of William and Harry... all those revolting Xmas cards with the kids on them... no difference, right?

I couldn't give a rat's ass about how upset she was (the more the better IMHO), it was the way she wanted everyone to see how upset she was.

As Ian Hislop said, you can almost see the onion she's holding when she's doing all that "I'm not superwoman" bullshit in that pathetic press conference.
    I guess you have a profound hatred of the woman and the family and are always going to see everything she does in a bad way...
    And as for selling out for cash, she's a fine one to talk, milking well over one hundred thousand of our English pounds out of Australian childrens' charities.
    Still raising money and awareness for said charities- more than it can be said of her parasite half-sister and her loony back-stabbing faith healing former friend.
    As Kermit referred to earlier I think, when Cherie Blair got the conman to try and get a good deal on some flats she behaved quite disgracefully. It was that for me which made me truly detest the woman. First of all the idea that it was a mistake she somehow naively fell into is difficult to believe; she's one of the most qualified lawyers in the country and was the first woman ever I believe to get a first in every module at LSE. But okay, even giving her the benefit of the doubt as the more damaging details about what she had done began to emerge what did she do? She went on TV and sobbed about how difficult her life was and how 'hard' it was that this scandal had happened in her son's first week at university - add a few more crocodile tears. After that I do not know how anybody can respect the woman.
    I don't think many people have sympathy for her- certainly not me- or respect.

But even if he's guilty of innapropriate behaviour, the amount of bile and pure, undiluted hatred she receives from some quarters is completely unjustified.

Do you think the likes of the Daily Mail really give much of a fuck about abuse of power used to buy a flat? Please! Even some of their of their own contributors have done worse than that.
    Aladdin wrote:
    I guess you have a profound hatred of the woman and the family and are always going to see everything she does in a bad way...

Oh come on, she's one of the top barristers in the country, and is a renowned legal brain.

If she is as gullible and naive as she was trying to make out then she should be removed from the bar, because she is quite clearly too stupid to do her job.

And she was only angry at her "parasite" sister and Caplin because they exposed what filthy corrupt liars the Prime Minister and his wife really are. Typical reaction, when the media start exposing your lies and corruption, you turn on the waterworks and start whining about how terrible your life is on your multi-million salary and how your poor son is being victimised in his brand new luxury penthouse apartment. Both of which are acquired with a little help from us muggins who pay our taxes.
    Still raising money and awareness for said charities

That makes it all alright then :rolleyes:

Why do you keep mentioning the Daily Mail, anyway? I read the Independent.
    I mention the Daily Mail because I am talking about excessive, uncalled for and below-the-belt criticism. I have never suggested the woman is a saint or should be above criticism. I'm saying that she receives disproportionate, personal and cruel criticism from some quarters- the Daily Mail being one such culprit.
    It's only disproportionate and cruel if you don't deserve it.

I'm hoping they drive her into an asylum :yippe: