Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pain in the arse!

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They never perservere, especially when im halfway down the street.

Lucky bloody you!!

There was a personal accident dude in town one time. He caught me and my mate going into a shop - said we werent interested.

We came out - hedouble checked. We said we weren't interested.

We went a bit further away, then wlake dup to the cafe opposite the original shop to get a drink. AGAIN, he asked "Are you sure you haven't had a severe accident in the last 5 years?". AGAIN we told him "NO"

We came out. Just as he opened his mouth my mate annoucned "Look, I'm going to smack you in a minute"

He still had the nerve to ask "Is that a no?"
    I agree with those who suggest headphones.

As for people handing out flyers, I suggest placing your hands in your pockets.

In both cases, giving them a deliberately wide berth as you walk past helps.
    You don't need to avoid them or be rude to them, but the simple thing is to not slow down or stop when they collar you. A firm but polite "no thanks" always works for me.

As for cold callers, I'm normally very firm again, and just put the phone down. We're on TPS, but the old owners weren't, and they keep ringing for the old owners. I did blow a gasket at one cunt from nPower, though, who rang me at work to demand why I hadn't paid them. He absolutely shat himself when I reminded him of the OFT guidelines and told him I would report him personally to Trading Standards.

Which reminds me, I should do that really.
    We don't get cold callers at the new place as we registered with the TPS, but at my old place i had 'em all the time. I had great fun, especially with 3 and Orange. I'd order the most expensive phones for me, wife and 3 kids. The most expensive contract they had. Sort out all the freebies and keep 'em waffling then ask them how they expect me to pay as i've got no money and i was only keeping them on the phone for something to do.
    tps doesnt do shit tbh. i used to work in a call centre and we worked from phone book pages from about 5 years ago. If anyone complained mentioning tps we just apologised and told them it was a glitch in our systems. illeagal, yes but it didnt stop them trying.