Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

foundation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone recomend a good foundation for oily skin that is around £10 or under.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I just use covergirl clean. Absoutly dead cheap. My favorite part of it is it doesn't cover you up and make you look like you caked a pound and a half of it on like i've experienced with most other foundations. It just evens out, really.
    I use max factor perfection, the one with 2 steps, and it's the best I've found for years. It's about £12 I think but the first step smoothes your skin really well in preparation for the make-up.
    maybelline the mousse one. Its brilliant and about £6.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    The best one I have tried is Borjois Matt Lovely, its the only thing that doesn't leave me shiny by mid afternoon.
    Rimmel Lasting Finish is what I use. Pretty impressive for about a fiver.
    l'oreal translucide (think i've spelt that right!). really good and about £8.
    maybelline the mousse one. Its brilliant and about £6.

I've heard such good things about that one on here and I don't think they have it here, it was so sad when I went to look :(
    [/random]
    it is apparently available in the US. Id be surprised if it wasnt, because im sure maybelline is an american brand
    http://www.maybelline.co.uk/whats_new/l190l400.htm

ive gone back to it several times. I MUCH prefer it to any liquid foundation ive tried. It goes on so easily and looks really natural but without being too sheer. I love the fact that its matte too. I hate all these "radiance" foundations, that actually just make my skin look greasy.
    Oooo, its all making sense now, I wasn't even looking at anything like that, I kept my eyes focused on the typical looking foundation bottles and didn't venture off. Thanks, your the best :thumb:
    come to think of it, i may have been looking in Revlon too, not maybelline...
    u lcuky people. id muchrather have oily skin, than dry!
    Think it's a case of grass is always greener on the other side. As the proud owner of patches of both I find the dry easier to handle....
    Almay..oclour adapt or something liek that, its amazing, comes in three "colours" (acutally just white on ur hand with blak bits in it) light, light/medium, dark, actually matches ur skin completely! not too thick eitehr! 9 quid i think x