Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bra sizes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Reading the other thread this sprang to mind. Is it just me that finds no consistency between different shops in their bra sizing? An M&S 38C fits me beautifully, head into La Senza and I've got no hope, the D is still too small.

:banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Reading the other thread this sprang to mind. Is it just me that finds no consistency between different shops in their bra sizing? An M&S 38C fits me beautifully, head into La Senza and I've got no hope, the D is still too small.

:banghead:

I think that's because they are all guidelines, Some shops I go in, I wonder whether i should actually bother wearing a bra at all, 34A's are like b/c's lol
    Even in the same shops, different styles tend to be different sizes.
    i find buying bras to be a real pain. I always have to try on several different sizes to get a good fit.
    They are a pain. I do my bras like I do my jeans. Same store, same brand, same style, different colors :p
    I find bra sizes as all-over-the-place as clothes sizes these days. Definitely a keep the receipt deal.

La Senza's sizes, in particular, are tiny on the cup and huge round the back. Still, if I wear a totally different size, they fit well :thumb:
    Oh yeah, La Senza fit great in a totally different size. Would have to riffe the drawer to find out which it was, but the cups way bigger.

Ho hum, I suppose variety is the spice of life.
    Breast size is a strange thing. Mine are between a 36c and a 38c depending on the time of the month (they swell). Yet my ex gf was a D cup, but her breasts were smaller than mine. :chin:
    Or she shopped somewhere else!
    I get my bras from M&S (mainly Ceriso, I :heart: that range) and tend to find that their 38B's fit me no matter what, but then I havent brought a bra from anywhere else for about the last three years, if not longer.
    satehen wrote:
    Breast size is a strange thing. Mine are between a 36c and a 38c depending on the time of the month (they swell). Yet my ex gf was a D cup, but her breasts were smaller than mine. :chin:
    Well, Jordan is 'apparantly' a D, and I'm an E and shes bigger than me.

I shop at La Senza, I like it there. But I got my sports bra off Brastop.com
    One reason will be La Senza, their cups come up smaller than most.

I also :heart: ceriso, but they've stopped doing the racer back hooks :(
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Well, Jordan is 'apparantly' a D, and I'm an E and shes bigger than me.

I remember reading an interview with her where she claimed to be a 30D.

Anyone familiar with the size of a 30D bra will know what I mean when I pull this face:
    :eek2:
    I'm a 32DD *suposedly* but that depends on a lot of things...

... On the majority of figleaves bras, I would fit quite nicely into a 32DD
    .. In wonderbras I am a 34DD (although the back is a bit loose, but a 32 is too tight)
    .... In ASDA, I am a 34 D (same as above though)
    ... yet according to most internet websites I am a 38A. I am thinking they're wrong.
    You're a double D? I'll stop picking on you now. :)
    Bra sizes are stupid.

I'm a 34E and like, if, say, I go into New Look, a 34E is too small yet if I go into La Senza, its a perfect fit.

Same with lots of other places really. I stick to La Senza cuz I know what sizes fit me in there.
    in la senza.....i am 34 F

:(

am i the only one who doesn't like the fact my bras are twice the price and not half as nice as smaller ones....

am i the only one who doesn't like the fact my bras are twice the price and not half as nice as smaller ones....

No it annoys me too.
    All the bras i see and like don't go up to a DD. :(
    *burn the bras*
    LOL

I have the same problem, I range from a 32b to a 36b..... its annoying as hell!
    Primark are really good with bra sizes, when i go there i am always a 34D

Me too. But I wouldnt swap my boobs for a million quid :yes:

I'm a 34E and like, if, say, I go into New Look, a 34E is too small yet if I go into La Senza, its a perfect fit.

New Look sucks. Officially. Every bra I have got from there is ridiculously too small or irritates my skin.
    I stick to La Senza cuz I know what sizes fit me in there.

:heart: La Senza. I like their basic lacey stuff, £15 (roughly) and they're the best bras I've ever worn. Nice and colourful too.
    You're a double D? I'll stop picking on you now. :)

You couldn't stop picking on people if you tried, be quiet and stop gawping at all the girls talking about bra sizes. :razz:
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Me too. But I wouldnt swap my boobs for a million quid :yes:
    Oh, I so would. I don't mind the size, as such, I just don't like them.
    nicx1811 wrote:
    You couldn't stop picking on people if you tried, be quiet and stop gawping at all the girls talking about bra sizes. :razz:

I'm only gawping at yours :p.
    I'm only gawping at yours :p.
    :D