Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ever talked about stuff thats happend on site in real life

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do ya?

I don't.

Comments

• Options
    yeah
  • Options
    only to other siters.. but its usually just when i think someone is an annoying cunt.
  • Options
    yeah
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah, I often tell my brother if something interesting happens. Or other people too, in the same way I'd mention something about someone I know in person (if it's not a secret) if it's relevant to the conversation.
  • Options
    Sometimes.
  • Options
    Occasionally. I told my mum about rubberskin coming back. :|

That was just a headfuck, mind.
  • Options
    Sometimes.
  • Options
    Nope.
  • Options
    no-one in 'real life' knows i use thesite anyway.
  • Options
    yes.
  • Options
    i didnt tell anyone i used it then one day i was talking to my mate telling her that the site had helped me with boy troubles and i was like 'it sounds sad but ive found this website thesite.org and its got these forums where u can post your problems and people help you out' i was really embarrased telling her but thought it was alright. then a couple of days later she told me she'd actually [been sad enough] to track down the website, read my posts and have a good laugh at me. i laughed it off but was so embarrased i couldnt come on here for at least a couple of weeks incase a couple of my posts popped up and id have to excruciatingly reread them.
    i dont know if she still reads posts but if she does then she will know this is me.
    shes a great mate but she sort of ruined it for me:(, it was cool being a little secret and a seperate reality..
  • Options
    yeah I did.
  • Options
    i didnt tell anyone i used it then one day i was talking to my mate telling her that the site had helped me with boy troubles and i was like 'it sounds sad but ive found this website thesite.org and its got these forums where u can post your problems and people help you out' i was really embarrased telling her but thought it was alright. then a couple of days later she told me she'd actually [been sad enough] to track down the website, read my posts and have a good laugh at me. i laughed it off but was so embarrased i couldnt come on here for at least a couple of weeks incase a couple of my posts popped up and id have to excruciatingly reread them.
    i dont know if she still reads posts but if she does then she will know this is me.
    shes a great mate but she sort of ruined it for me:(, it was cool being a little secret and a seperate reality..

this is why when I tell funny anecdotes about counsellor MattLiverpool anonymous. Since I don't want any real life guys track me down and read stuff about me. I don't use this screen name anywhere else, but you can't be too careful on the interbutt.
  • Options
    Occasionally. I told my mum about rubberskin coming back. :|

I told my mum too! Probably because I gasped out loud and she looked up from the paper to see what the matter was.

Noone IRL knows I use this site. Even if they did, they'd have to read a lot of my posts to work out it's me - Crystal Tipps is not a name I've ever mentioned anywhere else before.

My mum knows I use "a website with forums on" but that's because she's fasinated (sp?) by the capabilities of the internet ("what, there are websites where you write something then someone writes something back and everyone can see?!") and I was trying to explain one day. Sometimes if there's something I'm trying to track down I'll have mentioned it to her then say "oh, I've put it on those forums to see if anyone else knows.." :)
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:

Yeah same. If i told my "real life" friends no doubt they'd come on here looking for me :p
  • Options
    Have done, but not with anyone who aint off here.
  • Options
    real life... not real life...? I don't get it!

Is this not real life?
    Are you guys embarassed about posting on a site?
    Everyone I know is on one forum or another. And even though I know some sites where my mates hang out, I don't go snooping around looking for info about them or looking for laffs.

This is real life as much as walking down the street is.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    And even though I know some sites where my mates hang out, I don't go snooping around looking for info about them or looking for laffs.

I probably would for the banter, and if people I knew saw some of the stuff I posted on here I'd expect to get ripped into too.
  • Options
    Not really, don't think I would want people I know in real life knowing I come on here.
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Not really, don't think I would want people I know in real life knowing I come on here.

Neither do I... Most stuff on here is too personal.
  • Options
    No but they know I use it.

When they call around they're like "you still on that fucking silly site again" and shit like that. Quite embarressing as I do spend way too much time on this shit.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:

yeah, pretty much the same for me as well...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Nope.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I shared the joy of poopsicles with the man. He didn't find it that funny. Lamo :\

I'll also share jokes and funny pictures and such like that.
  • Options
    I tell my mum the odd things about stuff (like pregnancies, meets, etc)

The only other time I talk about this place is on MSN to people I know on here or at meets, which turns into a bit sometimes.

Work keep asking me which forum I use but I refuse to tell them, those gossiping bastards will get far too much information about me and theres some stuff (well quite a lot of stuff actually) I like to keep private.
  • Options
    No. Mentioned it on another forum though. And have also mentioned it on MSN as well. (but only to the person who introduced me to this site)
  • Options
    When I say I talk about it, I meant it in a "I saw this on the internet" rather than "On this website called thesite.org they have a forum, and this is my username" kind of thing.
  • Options
    Only to people on this site.
  • Options
    Not about it no (unless I'm talking to another poster over MSN). My mum and boyfriend know I use the site, but tbh, they're not that interested. :)
  • Options
    When I say I talk about it, I meant it in a "I saw this on the internet" rather than "On this website called thesite.org they have a forum, and this is my username" kind of thing.

:lol:

Same. Sometimes I won't even say it's on the internet, just say 'I heard this', or 'someone told me this'.