Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Being sick off pills??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How many other people get this im 20 + female and ever since my 1st pill bout3 yrs ago, everytime i take them im actually sick, used to be after my 1st pill and id b sick about 10 times in a night (oviously after 1st few times just wanting to be sick but nothing left to sick up) . Now its after maybe 2 or 3 and im sick less times but it still always happens and i always end up being sick in clubs :yuck: ...ne1 else get this or know why???

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nope, never, I've retched a few times but never actually vommited. Could be you just being nervous.
    some people don't have the enzyme to digest ecstasy but i'm not sure if thats whats wrong here.. does it not put you off?? lol
    maybe youre allergic to something in them?? ive never heard of it before

that would SERIOUSLY put me off your body obviously doesnt like them and tries to get rid of them every time you put them inside
    why dont you just sensibly find something else that doesnt make you spew your guts out every time you ingest one?
    I have only ever been sick once... but that was the pills rather than a reaction to them I think, they were really dodgy!

I agree with Lipsy though, I think it would put me off bothering with them!
    Do you overdo it on the water? cos i know that's what has made me sick a few times, being really thirsty but not needing the water and as a result throwing up pure water.
    Yep, EVERY TIME. Usually just the once, so drag meself off to the loo and have a good throw up and feel fine awfterwards. Being on Kaletra doesn't help, as that makes me feel sick and i have to take it at 11 on the night, BUT does build up the E in my system, so thats a bonus ;)
    how long after you take them are you sick? is it when you're coming up? i'd be worried i was throwing up the pills and wasting them.

also.. what everwonderwhy said.
    For me, it's not till long into the night. Say i go out at 10 and come home about 7ish, i'll more than likely be sick about 3am. Just read that bit about too much water. I do drink rather a lot, as i don't touch alcohol when i'm on pills. Well maybe a port and lemon to start the night :)
    No, never sick myself but 2 of the girls I hang around with are nearly always sick when they take them, on the comeup and the odd time throughout the high but usually their always eating more and more starting at 10roughly and stopping anywhere from 5 or 6 the next morning through till the afternoon, their always drinking alcohol and smoking joints, not too much water, the odd bit here and there.

So i don't know, could be anything really or just a weak stomach.
    erm well its happend that many time i expect it to happen now lol + no i can hardly drink wen im on pills so not too much water or alcohol. my body just musnt agree with them i guess but i like taking pills apart from the being sick.
    it happens wen im coming up then continues thru the night a few times, just comes on u all of a sudden n im sick...weird init!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I used to be sick quite often, just a mouthful, but it was never an unpleasant feeling and it was always liquid. I never saw it as a problem.
    Weekender Offender 
    Shogun wrote:
    No, never sick myself but 2 of the girls I hang around with are nearly always sick when they take them

yea a girl i know is sick the majority of the time she takes them.. usually only once or twice throughout the night and she swears it brings her up like fuck after bein sick!
    z- wrote:
    yea a girl i know is sick the majority of the time she takes them.. usually only once or twice throughout the night and she swears it brings her up like fuck after bein sick!
    I seem to be one of the 'lucky ones'. When i'm sick, for whatever reason, i seem to feel great afterwards !
    i've had that a couple of time out of many, never bothered me in the slightest.
    I've had the sick-up in the mouth experience before, but I've never actually chucked up. If I did, and continued to do so everytime I'd done them, then I agree with the concensus that it'd probably put me off pills. They're obviously not agreeing with you, and that can't be a nice all-round experience.

Do you often drink a lot of alcohol when you take them?
    z- wrote:

yea same with these 2, they're always more fucked after being sick for some reason.
    It does seem to bring you up for whatever reason. Although obviously not too soon after you've taken them :p
    yes im more fucked for a while after being sick, it isnt very nice but wnt stop me taking them as i like them...

i also find it hard 2 swallow pills whether its paracetamol , pills ect so im getting a gram of mdma 4 my bday nite out on fri

does anyone reckon this mite not make me sick like the pills do??
    i have had a bit of mdma b4 but id had other drugs aswell so dnt know how fucked it made me...is it ne good on its own, n is it same feeling as pills??
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    wreckhead wrote:
    yes im more fucked for a while after being sick, it isnt very nice but wnt stop me taking them as i like them...

i also find it hard 2 swallow pills whether its paracetamol , pills ect so im getting a gram of mdma 4 my bday nite out on fri

does anyone reckon this mite not make me sick like the pills do??
    i have had a bit of mdma b4 but id had other drugs aswell so dnt know how fucked it made me...is it ne good on its own, n is it same feeling as pills??

Woh there, no text speak please!
    wreckhead wrote:

It should feel exactly the same! That is after all the point of esctacy.

Some people though, because they are used to buying pills of dubious quality (and that seems to be an increase %) think that MDMA is weaker or has less 'punch'. Thus is because you are used to MDA.

As for the being sick, it may well now be just a mental thing, if you expect to be sick you will be.

BUT, it may also just be a physical thing with your body reacting badly to it. As others have mentioned some people dont have the enzyme to digest MDMA properly, but unless you need a lot less than your friends this is unlikely to be the case. It could also just be a simple matter of your stomach not liking the drug, this happens with any medication.

Are you on any other medication at all? Obviously mixing things may well increase the risk of being sick and there being complications.
    budda wrote:
    Are you on any other medication at all? Obviously mixing things may well increase the risk of being sick and there being complications.

nope not on any medication and it happens more when i take just pills on ther own if im mixing with coke im sick less often, very few times not at all wen im on coke

say ive taken pills on 1000 different nights iv prob not been sick about 3 of them nights!
    wreckhead wrote:
    nope not on any medication and it happens more when i take just pills on ther own if im mixing with coke im sick less often, very few times not at all wen im on coke

say ive taken pills on 1000 different nights iv prob not been sick about 3 of them nights!

I doubt the cocaine is having any physical effect which could help, and certainly wouldnt suggest it for the problem. It may just be the confidence boost from the cocaine is helping.
    wreckhead wrote:
    How many other people get this im 20 + female and ever since my 1st pill bout3 yrs ago, everytime i take them im actually sick, used to be after my 1st pill and id b sick about 10 times in a night (oviously after 1st few times just wanting to be sick but nothing left to sick up) . Now its after maybe 2 or 3 and im sick less times but it still always happens and i always end up being sick in clubs :yuck: ...ne1 else get this or know why???

All drugs affect people and their bodies in different ways. Is there really a need for you to take "E"? Obviously the drug isn't going to be doing your body any good, whether you're being sick or not.

Maybe you should just take a hint...:chin:
    I'm sick occasionally on pills. I usually feel better after though so it doesn't bother me. Generally, every time I have pills I have the urge to throw up, and wretch sometimes, but I try not to follow it through! The last time I threw up on pills was because I hadn't really eaten anything all day, which made it worse as there was nothing really to throw up and I began feeling really ill and just ended the night there. Now I always have a biggish meal before I go out because I know I'm not gonna be able to eat anything later to make myself feel better.
    As someone else mentioned, it could be nervousness, I know I was a bit nervous for a while after I started taking them and it used to make me sick, then I'd get more worried etc etc..
    Coke, speed & E all tend to make me sick, although it didn't happen when i first started taking them. Feel fine afterwards though.
    When I take pills, or mainly during the build up before dropping them. I sometimes get a tight stomach, its not a nervous feeling, just the anticipation of the night ahead gives me this feeling. Anyway before I've come up, I may have to be sick or try to be sick, to get rid of the feeling. Once I've come up though and the parties really started, all that is long forgotten.