Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Urgent! Help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, I'm in by myself, my blokes not coming round for another couple of hours or so...and theres a huge spider on the wall! I dont know what to do, I cant hit it cause it will make a mess, my dog would normally eat it, but its on the wall.

What to do?! :shocking:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hoover it up
    Char_Baby wrote:
    my dog would normally eat it, but its on the wall

Why's your dog on the wall ?
    Hoover!

Or broom, knock it onto the floor and let the dog get it.

Or, cup over it, slide piece of paper between cup and wall and then release out the window.

Or, drink until it goes away.
    Hide in another room until someone comes to rescue you.:hyper:
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    hoover it up
    Perfect! Thank You! All done. I hope the process of hoovering killed the little bastard.
    No, they whizz round for a bit, thinking it's the spider version of Alton Towers then, when they've calmed down abit, they go out and get a load of their mates to come back and get you ! :D
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Perfect! Thank You! All done. I hope the process of hoovering killed the little bastard.

Probably not...
    Tweety wrote:
    Probably not...

Im not gonna sleep well tonight, knowing it might come and get me :nervous:

To make things worse, A daddy long legs flew at me in the face, So I scream, then get a call from the elderly couple next door to check everythings ok. :shocking:
    You're really not having a good evening are you?!
    Char_Baby wrote:
    A daddy long legs

They really are the shittest animals alive. They are so badly designed. My mum's friend tried to rescue one from a spider web the other day and all its legs fell off :yeees:
    I can't believe so many people think it's good to kill bugs and spiders and things, it's fucking weird if you ask me.

Why not just pick it up and put it outside? Jesus.
    Get a piece of paper, a cup, go to the spider, once he crawls onto the paper, put the cup over it, open door and chuck out. Or just kill it.
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Why's your dog on the wall ?

:lol:

Good on you, for being brave enough to hoover it up, I'm too scared of them to even do that :(
    Char_Baby wrote:

Bunch of pussies. What has a spider ever done to you?

Put a glass over it. Slide a piece of cardboard underneath. Take the two items outside and let the poor bloody thing run free. It's, like, the size of your toe. Or at worst, the palm of your hand. It's hardly likely to eat you up, or kidnap you and flog off your body parts.

I'm going to make a note of all the potential spider-bullies on here and pull their legs off, hoover them up, stomp on them, and generally be abusive if I ever see them. :)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    My sister used to think it was a good idea to hoover spiders up, until one day she went to change the bag and hundreds of the little bastards ran out. She'd sucked up a load of eggs with bastard. :lol:

Pick it up and chuck it out, they don't hurt.
    Weekender Offender 
    I'm going to make a note of all the potential spider-bullies on here and pull their legs off, hoover them up, stomp on them, and generally be abusive if I ever see them. :)

I hate spiders with a passion, to a point where I hid under the quilt the other night until chris got rid of it. I'd cheerfully hoover them up. Daddy long legs too. Eurgh they're horrible, they plague me, I had an interesting time getting one out of my door the other night. It ended up dead too. Stupid things.

(And Rich, you bully me, I'll kick your bike over next time it's LITTERING MY AREA. I mean really, leaving it against a bush... do you not know the types who wander around here? They'll just come and roll it away. Or kick it.)
    Everyone who is talking like shes stupid for being scared of spiders has obviously no idea what it's like to have a phobia.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I can't believe so many people think it's good to kill bugs and spiders and things, it's fucking weird if you ask me.

Why not just pick it up and put it outside? Jesus.
    That's what I do. Except with cockroaches, I hate their guts (if they have any).

I understand what being afraid of them is like, but I can't help but wonder, rather philosophically... Is being afraid of something reason enough to kill it? Of course we're talking about bugs here, but still...
    Tweety wrote:
    Everyone who is talking like shes stupid for being scared of spiders has obviously no idea what it's like to have a phobia.

There's a difference between a phobia of something and being scared of it. Most people who are scared of spiders don't have a phobia, it's just a natural reaction to seeing one. It's one of the few universal things, even most people when they first glance at a spider get an initial shock. But they compose themselves and do what's necessary, somone with a phobia couldn't bear to look at one nevermind sleep in the same room as it.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    There's a difference between a phobia of something and being scared of it. Most people who are scared of spiders don't have a phobia, it's just a natural reaction to seeing one. It's one of the few universal things, even most people when they first glance at a spider get an initial shock. But they compose themselves and do what's necessary, somone with a phobia couldn't bear to look at one nevermind sleep in the same room as it.

I know there is as i have a really bad phobia of them.
    I guess i just assumed she had a phobia of them.
    nicx1811 wrote:
    (And Rich, you bully me, I'll kick your bike over next time it's LITTERING MY AREA. I mean really, leaving it against a bush... do you not know the types who wander around here? They'll just come and roll it away. Or kick it.)

I'll hang you off the bush and watch you try to wriggle free :p.

Anyway, I'm bigger than all those arseholes. The scrotes next door are being evicted anyway :).
    Tweety wrote:
    I know there is as i have a really bad phobia of them.
    I guess i just assumed she had a phobia of them.

Thank You :)

I DO have a phobia of spiders, I had a bad experience when I was at school, and I fall to pieces if I see one. Its not particuarly funny and its scary being alone with one.

Oh and to all the 'Piece of paper/Glass' people, It was on the wall so that wouldnt have worked, also I'm not prepared to go that near one.

I made a thread about this a while ago, as I wanted to purchase some spider killing spray. Surely they should sell this?
    They do sell some bug spray but I'm not too sure if that's what you really want?
    As long as it kills those pesky Arachnids I'll be fine.

FYI Cillit Bang is not an effective spider-cide :no:
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Thank You :)

I DO have a phobia of spiders, I had a bad experience when I was at school, and I fall to pieces if I see one. Its not particuarly funny and its scary being alone with one.

Oh and to all the 'Piece of paper/Glass' people, It was on the wall so that wouldnt have worked, also I'm not prepared to go that near one.

I made a thread about this a while ago, as I wanted to purchase some spider killing spray. Surely they should sell this?

I had a fucking huge thing walk all across my legs when i was about 7 and i froze. I couldn't move until it got off the other side and ever since then i have been petrified of them.
    I KNOW it's stupid, I KNOW they are alot smaller than me etc but it makes no difference. I so wish it did but it doesn't come into it.
    I can't even be in the same room as a big one. I can't even get a broom to them i'm that bad.
    I normally leave the room until Chris gets home.

As for the paper glass thing, are you having a laugh? I can't even look at the things let alone get anywhere near them.
    daddy long legs :shocking: I just screamed the house down because I came back from having a shower to be greated with four of the fuckers in my room. Hairspray and flip flop helps a lot!! What is the point in them? They are so stupid. One of them was trying to fly into my face. :nervous:
    I hate daddy long legs with a passion even more so than spiders.