Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

"Happy to be single" - grrrr

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can confirm that MattLiverpool is talking utter bollocks, he's got the situation so wrong, it couldn't be wronger (which isn't actually a word but in this case it f'ing well should be).

My mate didn't tell her that I'm interested in her, they just had a girly chat about families, relationships etc and it came out that way. Since my mate did the digging, the girl I fancy had continued to be the friendly person I've known her to be so perhaps all is not lost. Yet.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Ignore MattLiverpool's games, because he talks 100% pure thoroughbred bollocks when it comes to relationships.
  • Options

?
  • Options
    You should have made that clear.

But, the point is, you're acting like you're in love with her already, girls who get lots fo attention do pick up on things like that VERY fast.

No I'm not acting as if I love her. I think she's great but that's as far as it goes.
  • Options
    Nobody but nobody admits to being anything other than "happy" at being single.

Do your own digging.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Nobody but nobody admits to being anything other than "happy" at being single.

I do. I'm not happy at being single.
    Kermit wrote:
    Do your own digging.

No
  • Options
    I do. I'm not happy at being single.

So you tell everyone that you're really unhappy?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    So you tell everyone that you're really unhappy?

No, because I'm not 'really unhappy'. I can't imagine a scenario along the lines of the following:

[Door-to-door salesman]:Good afternoon sir, how are you today?
    [Booty]: Well actually I'm unhappy. Really unhappy. Because I'm single.

No, that doesn't happen. But if someone asks me if I'm looking for a relationship then of course I'll say that I am - but with the right person obviously.
  • Options
    If someone asked about my love life I'd say I was happy, regardless of whether I was or not. Most sensible people would.

When someone asks how you are, its not polite to actually go and tell them.

If you're too cowardly to go and ask her directly you're pretty much snookered anyway.
  • Options
    I can confirm that MattLiverpool is talking utter bollocks, he's got the situation so wrong, it couldn't be wronger (which isn't actually a word but in this case it f'ing well should be).

My mate didn't tell her that I'm interested in her, they just had a girly chat about families, relationships etc and it came out that way. Since my mate did the digging, the girl I fancy had continued to be the friendly person I've known her to be so perhaps all is not lost. Yet.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, your mate is a girlllllllllll, that changes the whole situation. But actually, this time I agree with Kermit, take his advice to heart.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    If someone asked about my love life I'd say I was happy, regardless of whether I was or not. Most sensible people would.

When someone asks how you are, its not polite to actually go and tell them.

I speak from the heart - always have always will. I don't believe in garnishing a story or anything like that. If someone asks how I am then ovbiously I'm not going to say "well I've got a boil on my left arse cheek the size of a marble which hurts plus my piles are playing up again" but if someone asks me a specific question such as "How's the love life" then I'll answer something along the lines of "non-existent" which gives the impression there's a gap which needs filling (not in a sexual way of course :no: ) without sounding desperate.
    Kermit wrote:
    If you're too cowardly to go and ask her directly you're pretty much snookered anyway.

I wouldn't call it cowardly - I don't have a problem in asking women out - but because she's at work it makes things complicated. If she was a neighbour or someone I'd met in another situation then this wouldn't be a factor.
  • Options
    she's apparently 'happy to be single'.

Sounds like it could be a polite way of saying she ain't interested in you. She got a fit sister?
    I wouldn't call it cowardly - I don't have a problem in asking women out - but because she's at work it makes things complicated. If she was a neighbour or someone I'd met in another situation then this wouldn't be a factor.

What did this mate actually say?
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:
    Sounds like it could be a polite way of saying she ain't interested in you. She got a fit sister?

Well no-one has told her I fancy her.
    Makoto wrote:
    What did this mate actually say?

To me or her?
  • Options
    To her.
  • Options
    such a complicated story. I get the jist of it, but this is my point of view:
    If you really like her, just go for it, what have you got to lose? Don't get someone else to go upto her for you, because it is infact being cowardly. If you get rejected, so what? Its not the end of the world, shes not going to totally ignore you and stop speaking to you just because just doesnt want to go out with you. Start speaking/flirting with her, so if she gets the picture that you like her, see if she sends any signals back maybe, then gradually work your way in...
    Understand?
  • Options
    Read the 2nd part of post 49 mate ;)
  • Options
    she might just be saying that, if you really do like her (and it sound as if u do), to win her over you culd just be really romantic! :love: