Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

BBC Debt Diary

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why does she fuck you right off?
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    She just doesn't seem to have a grasp of reality :eek2:

Surely, her priority should be to get the creditors off her back by compromising with them, talking to them, instead of angering them by fobbing them off and being all 'brash and nonchalant' for the sake of her newborn babba?
    Yeah, that's basically what was pissing me off too.
    If so I'd like to know your thoughts because basically she fucks me right off.

Yep, same here. I've been meaning to rant about her for a while.
    I may do so in a moment.
    I just read it all. I am in agreement-she fucks me right off too.
    Agreed. What fucks me off even more is she brings a baby into the world that she can ill afford.

Basically, I feel I am being punished just because I wanted to have more children and needed to take a maternity break.

Get over yourself love :rolleyes:
    She is utterly awful.

She certainly doesn't deserve a payment holiday on buy-to-let properties. Would she do the same for her tenants? Would she fuck.
    They'll be paying that mortgage for her anyway.

She should know as a contractor (self employed, I'd presume) that she's got to provide (along with the statutory pay) for her maternity leave. That's why they get a higher hourly rate.

I can only hope that when she gets repossessed, it doesn't force her tenants to move out.

And the rest, but I can't be bothered with tirades at the moment.
    What a strange read. I kept imaging the type of person who always goes "this is my right."

I don't have a lot of assets (a horse and a car) but if I was struggling financially, I would let go of those I have to free up debt and use the cash to get some of the other lenders off of my back. Surely that's the logical thing to do? Not go around asking them to freeze my interest.

I'm certain that there's a lot of better more credible candidates for such a diary. It's after all what a lot of people are struggling with so it'd be more helpful to read something other than how many requests she sends to have pay holidays or frozen interest and how infuriating it is for her that the banks are saying no (what kind of example would that set? they'd be opening a can of worms when it comes to everybody and their dogs requesting it for the stranges of reasons).

I have a lot of sympathy for people in debt, it's a hellish ordeal, but as businesses, there is only so much the borrowers can do.
    I have a lot of sympathy with most people in debt, because most people are in debt because of misfortune. If you slip and are off sick for six months you're screwed, and even if you have insurance what happens is that you become indebted to the insurance underwriter not the lender. You still owe the same regardless. Same if you lose your job, or have an unexpected pregnancy which throws all your financial planning out of the window.

Whilst I have sympathy with her business failing, them's the risks you take.

She wouldn't give her tenants a payment holiday, so why should she be given one from the mortgage company? At least her tenants are secure until the end of her tenancy, even if she isn't.
    Kermit wrote:
    At least her tenants are secure until the end of her tenancy, even if she isn't.

So if, say, a mortgage lender takes possesion of a property because the borrower can't meet the payments anymore, any tenants inside are allowed to stay on until then end of their current lease ?
    RubberSkin wrote:
    So if, say, a mortgage lender takes possesion of a property because the borrower can't meet the payments anymore, any tenants inside are allowed to stay on until then end of their current lease ?

I'd imagine so - if they have been paying their rent each month, it's not their fault that the owner of the property hasn't kept up on repayments.
    Ah right, ta. Think when our lease is due for renewal we'll ask for a 50 year one, just to be on the safe side ;)
    RubberSkin wrote:

That's correct.

After repossession proceedings, the mortgagor would be the landlord, and you would be secure until the end of an assured shorthold tenancy agreement, or until the end of any notice period in the contract if there is one.

Because of this, the mortgagor charges a higher rate of interest for investment mortgages, and also insists on a number of conditions in the mortgage offer letter that must be met before completion can take place on a mortgage or remortgage.

Interestingly, the mortgagor can also write directly to the tenants and order them to pay any rents directly to the bank if the landlord is not paying their mortgage.

Guess who does conveyancing for remortgages;)
    She just doesn't seem to have a grasp of reality :eek2:

Surely, her priority should be to get the creditors off her back by compromising with them, talking to them, instead of angering them by fobbing them off and being all 'brash and nonchalant' for the sake of her newborn babba?

I agree with all the above. Have been reading the whole diary and she seems to not want to sell anything and get herslef into more shit, plus she doesnt seem to want to do anything about it until she gets completely in the shit. People have debt for for all sorts of reasons, sometimes it cant be helped (accident, unexpected redundency etc), sometimes it bloody well can be (like her)

My dad was unemployed on and off for about 6 years when I was younger (from about the ages of 5-11) and my mum had to work full-time, one income plus a big mortgague and two young kids and it was tough but they coped.
    ok i don't know anything about handling money but why doesn't she sell the restaurant?