Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Allergic reaction to weed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been regularly smoking weed now for over 4 years. To begin with i would have no reactions, however about 2 years ago i noticed that occasionally after a heavy night of smoking i would wake up with hay fever like symptoms(I have never suffered from hay fever). This happened on and off depending on the type of weed we had at the time for another year without really getting any worse. Then i noticed while smoking i would also come out in a small rash on my arms, again this happened on and off untill last week just after picking up some pretty nice homegrown i suddenly came out in the same rash but over my whole body.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this from smoking weed?

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Are you a tobacco smoker? If not, perhaps symptoms like blocked sinus, sore throat etc could be down to the irritation you are cousing by smoking. The other symptoms, off the top of my head, sound like they could be an allergic reaction/sensitivity to all the chemicals they put on plants when they are growing them - fertilizer, pesticides etc
    I suppose you could go and get an allergy test...
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Smoking tobacco can make my hayfever worse. Obviously your only going to notice a difference if the pollen count is high but yeah i think with me its when im breathing smoke through my nose. I dont think its to do with cannabis