Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

annoying customers

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because it comes with ice

Where's the ice in JD or in cola?

There isn't any. So why add it?

I know why bars add it, its because ice in infinitely cheaper for them than actually pouring me a measure of the drink I ordered. I order a half pint of cola in a pub, I expect a half pint of liquid, not a half pint glass full of ice.

In the same vane, I hate bar staff who don't know how to pour a pint properly. All it does is create more work for them- if the head is too big I will make them pour it again.
    "I'm outraged. These bunion plasters are £2.99, but Superdrug sell them for £2.49."

"FUCK OFF AND BUY THEM IN SUPERDRUG THEN."

Ahhhhh. That one's been hauting me for 10 years.
    kaffrin wrote:
    "I'm outraged. These bunion plasters are £2.99, but Superdrug sell them for £2.49."

I've actually gotton into the habit of telling customers cheaper places to go :lol: I am so sacked!
    lipsy wrote:
    hehe most bars will ask if you want ice. if they do i will always say "yes just ONE cube please" just to be picky :razz:

i said 2 and a half last time 'cause he said did i want 2 or 3. :p:D
    Tweety wrote:
    It bugs me when people just dump thier fresh and frozen stuff where the fuck they like, so it goes off.

how could i forget!!

fucks me RIGHT off.

the other week a lady was taking all things out of her basket and putting them on a random shelf. there was a pizza among them so i got someone to take them off and put it back before it went off. grr i wish you hadn't said anything it's annoying me now! she could've just said to the person behind the till 'sorry i don't want these anymore'. prick twat poo head. :mad:
    :thumb:
    kaffrin wrote:

same here!

or they rant about how shit tesco is..err go to morrisons then.:thumb:
    Kermit wrote:
    Where's the ice in JD or in cola?

There isn't any. So why add it?

I know why bars add it, its because ice in infinitely cheaper for them than actually pouring me a measure of the drink I ordered. I order a half pint of cola in a pub, I expect a half pint of liquid, not a half pint glass full of ice.

In the same vane, I hate bar staff who don't know how to pour a pint properly. All it does is create more work for them- if the head is too big I will make them pour it again.
    Oh that's another one. Customers who think they know how to pull a perfect pint better than someone who does it all the time. Especially when they're drinking some shit like Carling. I could piss in a glass and they couldn't tell the difference, but they want it to look pretty. Oh, and you think you'd get a whole new pint off me? Fuck right off, you'd just get the one you had topped up and you'd be fucking grateful. :p
    "What have you got thats glittery?" ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH. She drove us nuts she really did. And when you tried on bikins and opened the dressing room curtain and asked my mate (who had just started) how she looked. :nervous:

The worst customeres at Evans where the ones who would try a top that was two sizes too small on (espically if we didnt have their size) and would then accuse ME if putting the wrong labels in and that it must be a manufacting error. No its not you just need a larger size you fat rude cow.

And BT annoy me because I can never get through to speak to someone. Customer services are nearly allways really helpful, but the telephone system in crap.
    Char_Baby wrote:
    I had someone tell me 'And you can tell THAT to Gordon Brown in bed tonight'

That the Customs and Revenue for you. People think they can be incredably rude to you but I bet all goes down on their file. Never had any problems with them myself but then I'm nice to them.
    If something goes wrong in a shop, please don't ever resort to shouting. Not only is it unpleasant to be on the receiving end of such abuse, it also makes you look a right prat. When I refused to serve a bloke because he had no ID, he shouted at me for about two minutes. Once he'd left, just about all the customers in the shop said, "what a cunt. You were so right not to serve him... well done... I don't know how you managed to stay so calm". I must admit they brought a smile to my face. Even more so when the bloke himself apologised to me the following day.

If there's a problem, simply explain calmly what it is without resorting to blaming people. Usually, it can be sorted out there and then. If it's something more serious, don't bother those behind the tills. Ask to see a supervisor or one of the managers straight away and they can deal with it for you. Above all, just stay calm. If you start shouting, the chances of you getting a refund/exchange/anything else you want just disappear right out of the window.
    Oh that's another one. Customers who think they know how to pull a perfect pint better than someone who does it all the time.

Doing something all the time doesn't mean that you do it well.

I've seen plenty of bar staff pull a shit pint. I'm fairly sure that the customers don't order a half pint of head.

Of course if you want a decent beer though you'd probably go to an old man's pub where the staff do more than flick a plastic nozzle.
    Oh that's another one. Customers who think they know how to pull a perfect pint better than someone who does it all the time.

Totally, when I worked at the bingo there used to be this nasty old man who came up to the bar and moaned (and quite often swore) about his pint every single time, even though there was fuck all wrong with it.

One afternoon I actually refused to give him another one, supervisor came out and backed me up, ditto the manager, he walked out in disgust and was never seen or heard from again :thumb:

Shitty customers are like anything though, you need them to appreciate the good ones :yes:
    Oh, I get it topped up, that's all I want. What I paid for. But it takes them longer to do it, so they should have just done it properly in the first place. Ale can be lively, so I appreciate bar staff who know this and top it up without being told to. One twat in Wetherspoon's tried to tell me I was wrong once, but I won that argument:D

I drink real ale, and know exactly how it should be poured and how big the head should be. And with hand pull you need some skill- a well-trained monkey could pour lager. I haven't done hand pull for a living so I wouldn't tell someone that I could do it better, but I can taste and see when it's been done badly.
    Customers who think they know how to pull a perfect pint better than someone who does it all the time.

Dude, most people don't know how to cut a man's leg off but, if they come round from anaesthetic with two legs and only one arm, you can be damned sure that they know that the surgeon has fucked up.

:p
    Oh fucking hell, I've just finished my first bar shift in about two months and it's all coming back to me. People who order "a pint of lager" without checking what lager you actually have, then proceed to order a "pint of lager" all fucking night and still have to think about it when you ask them what type (we only serve two for God's sake). Normally I can remember, but when you're doing a party for 80, it's a bit difficult.

And people who are all snobby about their drinks but blatently don't have a clue. The main one at the moment is, "oh that Magners cider's the best." Really? Or is that just the last advert you saw on TV, because you sure as hell hadn't heard of it a few months ago. And I remember my parent's telling me that I only wanted a certain pair of trainers for the name. It's amazing how these things turn around, isn't it. That's not annoying customers though, just amusing.
    :thumb:

same here!

or they rant about how shit tesco is..err go to morrisons then.:thumb:

It's best when they talk deliberately loudly to whoever they're shopping with making sure you hear them, saying they'll just HAVE to go to Asda or Tesco as it's cheaper/better/etc.

It really baffles me, because I'm quite sure they just do it so I know they're going elsewhere with their business. When clearly, I'd actually be very happy if they fucked off elsewhere because then they won't empty the shelf I just filled. :thumb:

On the drinks issue, I think I'm evidence that you can't please all of the people all of the time - I get annoyed if I'm not offered ice. What really pisses me off (and I appreciate why it happens on a busy Saturday night in a club, but still) is getting a drink - especially shots - in a warm glass. Ugh.

I've never experienced more vile, abusive customers than when I worked in the customer cafe at our place. They're just a hundred thousand times nastier and pickier than any other customer I think I've ever come across. And I'll never, ever understand customers that hurl a load of abuse at you, talk to you like a complete idiot then send their meal back for a replacement. :no: Don't mess with the person that's gonna take your meal round the back where you can't see them, people. It's really not a good idea.
    Being concerned about the environment my biggest peeve is people who request plastic bags for stupid things, like for a newspaper saying 'the print gets on my hands' just frikkin wash them then! Or for a small bottle of milk, they ask for a bag so i point out, 'it's got a handle' 'but it's cold' they say. Wimps. The worst ever was someone who wanted a bag for a kit kat. WTF?!

I could go on forever here.

People who take the newspaper below the one on the top of the pile. The one on the top was the one underneath 2 minutes ago for fuck sake, and now the papers are a mess and the supplements I spent an hour putting in this morning are all over the fuckin place.
    And people who want to swap there paper cuz it's a bit creased, or even worse, THEY put THERE milk on it and now it's wet with condensation. You're only gonna throw it away tomoro!

And people who moan about there change looking a bit crummy, so can I swap it. You're only gonna spend it again. It's not like I sold you you're wedding ring looking all used.

And people who give me 10 and 20 pound notes for the sun or 20p of sweets. They must be purposely trying to piss me off.

Grrrr. Well it's nice to have a good moan. They're are plenty more things that annoy me but I'm not gonna go on forever.
    And people who give me 10 and 20 pound notes for the sun or 20p of sweets. They must be purposely trying to piss me off.
    Nothing could piss me off more in the morning when I worked at Haven than that. The boss could have been in the mood from hell, our deliveries could have all gone astray, we could have just failed an inspection - none of it compared with idiots coming in to buy The Sun with a £20 note. One bloke even tried to pay for it with a £50 note, which I adamantly refused to accept. Do they think tills are permanently flowing with tenners or something?!
    oh come on most of us have been short on change and had to go to a cash machine and needed to buy something that only cost a little bit.

it's just the same as someone paying for a newspaper with their debit/credit card.

makes no difference.
    oh come on most of us have been short on change and had to go to a cash machine and needed to buy something that only cost a little bit.

it's just the same as someone paying for a newspaper with their debit/credit card.
    makes no difference.
    Most places wouldn't let anyone pay for a newspaper with a debit card in the first place. Every time a card transaction is put through a till, the shop has to pay a charge to a company that processes the transaction. This can sometimes be over £1. If they allowed you to buy the paper with that charge imposed on them, they would actually lose money. It's why a lot of shops insist you spend a certain amount first, otherwise they'd be out of pocket.

As for taking money out of the cash machine, I do understand what you're saying. It's just that constantly having to give people change for a twenty is bloody annoying. Still, some things don't amaze me. Some people used to say "sorry I've got no change" when paying for a paper with a pound coin!
    To be fair, it's not the customer being annoying if they pay with a £20, it's the supervisor or manager who hasn't give you enough change to do your job. I hate being looked at like I've just pissed on someone's chips because I got money out of a cashpoint to buy a can of coke. Not my fault that you haven't had the forward thinking to put enough change in the till.
    To be fair, it's not the customer being annoying if they pay with a £20, it's the supervisor or manager who hasn't give you enough change to do your job. I hate being looked at like I've just pissed on someone's chips because I got money out of a cashpoint to buy a can of coke. Not my fault that you haven't had the forward thinking to put enough change in the till.
    That's what seems to happen in the retail sector. I'm on the till, forever moaning at supervisors that I need more change. They forever moan about me using up change, and thus meaning they have to get more from the cashiers. Blame my former bosses - not a single day went by without us running out of £5 notes. I hated giving out £9 of pound coins!

It's when they give you attitude about it that used to bug me.

"Do you have anything smaller at all?"
    "No! And give me the change in pound coins, so I can play the machines"
    "How about no, you senile old bat? Fuck off and use the change machine instead of bleeding away my pound coins

Could just about deal with it on a Tuesday afternoon, but on a Saturday night when you were on your own on the bar, had a queue of about twenty and the nearest pound coins were on the other side of the building?

So glad I'm out of there now :crazyeyes
    Bri-namite wrote:
    It's when they give you attitude about it that used to bug me.

"Do you have anything smaller at all?"
    "No! And give me the change in pound coins, so I can play the machines"
    "How about no, you senile old bat? Fuck off and use the change machine instead of bleeding away my pound coins
    And what used to really piss me off was people coming in saying "can you give us change for the phone" and handing me a £20 note. Get lost - that's what the arcade is for. I was told to refuse such requests, thanks to my bosses.
    Bri-namite wrote:
    ICould just about deal with it on a Tuesday afternoon, but on a Saturday night when you were on your own on the bar, had a queue of about twenty and the nearest pound coins were on the other side of the building?
    That's what phones are for. ;) We don't have this problem at our place. Maybe we're just good.
    I hate being looked at like I've just pissed on someone's chips because I got money out of a cashpoint to buy a can of coke.

I get really embarrased, I apologised to the guy today when I bought a bottle of water with a tenner before I even gave him the note :o
    stargalaxy wrote:
    And what used to really piss me off was people coming in saying "can you give us change for the phone" and handing me a £20 note. Get lost - that's what the arcade is for. I was told to refuse such requests, thanks to my bosses.
    :lol: I'd just buy a pack of chewing gum or something then, just to piss you off.
    :lol: I'd just buy a pack of chewing gum or something then, just to piss you off.
    Give it a few weeks, I'll probably be getting pissed off with the people of Bristol for the same reason. :p
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I get really embarrased, I apologised to the guy today when I bought a bottle of water with a tenner before I even gave him the note :o

I always apologise when I haven't got any change too!

The thing that annoys me about change is when you can see they have got enough, they just won't hand it over. I often ask people if they have any change even if we're not short, and you'd be amazed how many actually have a decent amount of change once they start looking for it :yes:
    Kate1 wrote:
    I always apologise when I haven't got any change too!

The thing that annoys me about change is when you can see they have got enough, they just won't hand it over. I often ask people if they have any change even if we're not short, and you'd be amazed how many actually have a decent amount of change once they start looking for it :yes:
    Nearly every single man I saw had bundles of loose change in their pockets. One man who owned a caravan on the park often came in, bought a Daily Mail each morning, and then dug out a load of 5p and 10p coins from a pocket that seemed to have no end of money in it. Towards my final week, I was half expecting him to pull out a rabbit!