Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

First date going cinema?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    not that i do that, im wayyy to shy to do that. im just giving the example that alot of guys usually do, and some of the stories i here that happens.

its stereotypical!
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    y cant it be the other way around?

What I think you mean is you want a girl to show she's interested in you first, so you're in control and you don't have to put up with her mind games and shit, yeah?

I can't ever be arsed with dates and the whole mindfuck stuff that goes with it, I always find it better being with somebody that you just get on dead well with for a good while and stuff just sort of happens naturally (because I'm fussy), that way you never (well hardly ever) get nasty surprises that she's got some ex on the side or that :rolleyes:

But I'd say don't make a concious decision about it, just have a laugh and if something happens with someone then happy days :thumb:
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    Briggi im 19 by the way. And i did everything i could during that date, everything i possibly could! ive been on dates before, and been pretty confident, but for some reason ive been a bit edgy with this one, so i spent all week researching dating tips etc. what a waste of time ay

Ok, well is this girl 19, too?

You can have all the best intentions and be at your most suave, attentive and charming on a date and still not get the end result you want for a whole variety of reasons. One of those being that she's still not over her ex, it's nothing you did or didn't do... just dust yourself off, chalk it up to experience and move onwards and upwards :)

On the subject of dating tips, AVOID falling into this trap like the plague. Being yourself is the only tip you really need, otherwise you're restricting your behaviour and attitude on the date to what you think fits in with this set of do and don't tips. Never a good thing, have faith in your own dating and social skills!
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    not that i do that, im wayyy to shy to do that. im just giving the example that alot of guys usually do, and some of the stories i here that happens.

Never met a lassie who's done that, although I did get a vodka coke (glass included) right in the face once because my mate grabbed her backside and made it look like it was me :(

So long as you don't suddenly lunge in for the kiss or worse, then why the fuck would she smack you one?
  • Options
    bri... some do mate! lol its the way they are
  • Options
    And briggi, i was 100% maybe, i just needed a few tips eg (not to mention ex gf's n bf's within the convo, dont lean forward and hunch your back, look into their eyes while speakin, etc)
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    Briggi im 19 by the way. And i did everything i could during that date, everything i possibly could! ive been on dates before, and been pretty confident, but for some reason ive been a bit edgy with this one, so i spent all week researching dating tips etc. what a waste of time ay
    That sounds like the problem to me. You were thinking about it to much and going through the 'moves' in your head, rather than just relaxing. Oh and as for kissing people, you can kiss people too soon, but you can't kiss someone too late. You don't have to wait for the right moment in my opinion. If a girl wants to kiss you at a particular moment and it doesn't come, then she'll still want to kiss you as you drop her off at the end of the night. But I've only had one first date with someone I haven't already kissed, so I don't usually have this issue.
  • Options
    That sounds like the problem to me. You were thinking about it to much and going through the 'moves' in your head, rather than just relaxing. Oh and as for kissing people, you can kiss people too soon, but you can't kiss someone too late. You don't have to wait for the right moment in my opinion. If a girl wants to kiss you at a particular moment and it doesn't come, then she'll still want to kiss you as you drop her off at the end of the night. But I've only had one first date with someone I haven't already kissed, so I don't usually have this issue.

no no no. read my posts above ^^^

and, i kissed her when i dropped her off
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    And briggi, i was 100% maybe, i just needed a few tips eg (not to mention ex gf's n bf's within the convo, dont lean forward and hunch your back, look into their eyes while speakin, etc)
    Aye. But the main problem with things like that is that you're taking them as 'dating tips'. You're consciously changing your behaviour because it's a date. All of those tips are good, but they are good in general conversation to help you come across as more confident, positive and interesting. You have to integrate these sorts of things into your everyday life so that it's something that you naturally do, and therefore, when you go on a date, you'll do it anyway. But like Briggi said, you could have the best date in the world, and the girl could even be really into you, but if she's not over her ex, then there's not much you can do about that.
  • Options
    yea i agree.

But i just feel like a mug.

I even asked Sammy what she thought was wrong with me, and she replied saying nothing at all, nothing what so ever! But its just the fact she wanted to keep her options open and she also likes her ex bf still. so not much i can do.

As for the date, it was 100% spot on. I could tell she was nervous, a few things happened lol, like erm, when i dropped her off, she tried saying something but it came out gobbledy gook!!! lol, she said "You probably didnt understand a word of that did you"?

lol i could help but smile and say "no". lol.

But i did really enjoy the date, was spot on, just wish she told me this before i took her out, im sure theres plenty more out there that will be grateful of me one day.

You see the thing is, women say its blokes that are the cunts, when i feel its the opposite, but everything that should happen to a women, is happening to me lol!
  • Options
    Why should stuff like this happen to women? And STOP with the stereotyping.
  • Options
    Can you not just take it for what it was though? You had a fun night out with a girl you liked. Okay so after that it didn't work out quite how you hoped, but if you had a good time at the time, then it wasn't a waste of time. Don't feel bad about it.
  • Options
    it SHOULDNT happen to a woman..

But it does
  • Options
    That's not what you said in your post though.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Can you not just take it for what it was though? You had a fun night out with a girl you liked. Okay so after that it didn't work out quite how you hoped, but if you had a good time at the time, then it wasn't a waste of time. Don't feel bad about it.

Yea good point, if you enjoyed your self then maybe you shouldn't feel like that money you spent went down the shitter.
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    But i did really enjoy the date, was spot on, just wish she told me this before i took her out, im sure theres plenty more out there that will be grateful of me one day.

Good. Glad you enjoyed it, take it for what it was and move on with a little bit more dating experience and the knowledge that you enjoyed each other's company, had a nice meal and have seen a new film.

It's bugger all to do with her - or any other girl - being "grateful [of you]", I'm sure she was very appreciative of the fact that you treated her to a lovely night out. But in all honesty, she owes you jack shit just because you laid out a little cash... I think she seems to have been fairly honest since the date that she's just not looking to be in a relationship with anyone in particular, including you.

You should be thinking: NEXT! ;)
  • Options
    yep cheers for that.

But the reason im confused is because she gaves me hints that she would possibly get with me, and that i would have a chance with her, then a couple of days later its all different.

oh well :D
  • Options
    You will find people like that.
  • Options
    hmmmmm. sofie what school did ya go i went estover..
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    yep cheers for that.

But the reason im confused is because she gaves me hints that she would possibly get with me, and that i would have a chance with her, then a couple of days later its all different.

oh well :D

Maybe she's playing games, maybe she changed her mind for no apparent reason, maybe (as I said before) going out with you made her realise that she's still hung up on her last relationship. I don't think she played you for a fool or anything like that, maybe she just thought it was a lot more casual and "no pressure" than you did. Don't twist yourself up in knots wondering about this girl, there are seriously plenty more fish in the sea when you're young, free and single :thumb:
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    hmmmmm. sofie what school did ya go i went estover..

Why do you want to know? Not that I'd tell you anyway...
  • Options
    lol oooooooooooooo whos moody. cus plymouth is a small place and ud prob know some people i know vica versa lol.

n yea but briggi, ive had my fair share i just wanna be loved now lol
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Oh, and next time go dutch :thumb:

Exactly. The first time I go out with a girl, I frame it more as a friends thing. We're just hanging out, getting to know one another. I don't buy her fancy meals or anything.
  • Options
    Oh rite, but its only kind and gentlemanly to pay for her, i couldnt let a woman get a her purse out, certainly not on a date!
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    Oh rite, but its only kind and gentlemanly to pay for her, i couldnt let a woman get a her purse out, certainly not on a date!

Awww.

I used to be really against it, because one of my exes took the piss and made me bitter against women and the whole being a gentleman thing.

Got over that though.
  • Options
    she went out with you on the rebound?

anyway, she is immature. You need to be mature because that's how girls will prefer you.
  • Options
    i am mature