Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ecstasy Cravings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
?

Comments

• Options
    You probably just want that quick high again, nothing to worry about. I've been off E's for quit a while now and there's been times where I've been tempted but as long as you can hold yourself back then it's fine. Just take them when the time is right, not when you're feeling down but when you want to go out and have a mad time. Peace out.
  • Options
    I know where your coming from but i don't want to e's if i was feeling down, it'll just make it worse.

Around here it's very hard not to take them, their so easy to get and very cheap..can get them all weekend anytime, the dealer stays awake from friday night through till near monday morning, loop de da.

I stayed away from them tonight though, got offered them left right and centre but because i had my charlie white i stayed away, we got 4g's earlier and had a great time. :D
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    IMO - Its always easier to look for something external to lift you out of a low patch than it is to confront it and do something about it, just like it is easier to blame a problem on someone else than to take responsibility for it and sort it out - we all do it, must be hard wired into our brains.
    Well done for not giving in to it and just remember it won't help in the long run. There is an article about Coping with Stress that has some tips on things you can try to pull yourself out on feeling like you can't cope if you are interested...
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    If you enjoyed your self when you last took ecstacy why wouldn't you crave to do it again? Its probably you just want to have a good night again and to experience the high you get from it. I haven't touched any pills for nearly 6 months and yet on some weekends i feel like doing them again. If its a case of you not wanting to do them on a regular basis, as long as you keep a strong head towards it there is no harm in having a few little one's once in every blue moon ;)
  • Options
    yea, only cus u love em scott.

lol

u make me laf
  • Options
    me n smitherz been off em for 6 months exactly now, was mid march we last did em. we still crave em, although i know that if i go near em again my life will go down hill.

My life lifted upwards 2 months after i quit em, and i started feelin better within myself!
  • Options
    I haven't taken e's for almost 6 months now and even before that I never used to do them regularly, but when I would feel blue or like nothing was really going on I'd be desperate for that chemical high just like another person might with a family-sized bar of Galaxy (I know I probably shouldn't compare the two, but that's the way I see it..) and would usually track some down.

Of course, it does help if you're just after that buzz, but obviously it's not going to help lift your spirits or your mood any in the long-term and will probably do more harm than good. Though I do think you already know that :)
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I think alot of people may feel there are becoming addicted just because they may want to do them again. If you enjoy it then its only natural to want to do it again, but its all about not crossing that line. Personally i feel it is easy to go over board on them because "once you pop you just can't stop" so to speak.

either way if you have grafted at work all week and you want a good nite on the weekend then why not
  • Options
    lol, yea, and it used to give me something to look forward to after all that hard graft. spot on
  • Options
  • Options
    I think I'm just after the buzz again more than anything. I'm only too well aware that the comedown from them fucks my brainover and makes my depession etc. worse. E isn't as bad as MDMA for that though.

Ecstacy is MDMA, though what you'll find in most "E's" these days is a lot of other adulterants in them whereas MDMA is a lot cleaner but not totally clean.
  • Options