Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pubic Hair...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just bored and thought it would make a good sex thread.

So, pubic hair, my Ex shaved hers but some weeks she would be in the couldnt be bothered kind of mood and just let it grow wild. I didnt mind either way but i prefered her shaven.

I myself keep my areas alll trimmed down and neat.

What about the rest of you?
Do you prefer shaven or hairy?
Do you ever let yourself grow wild downstairs?
Which feels better to be?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bullseye wrote:
    Just bored and thought it would make a good sex thread.

So, pubic hair, my Ex shaved hers but some weeks she would be in the couldnt be bothered kind of mood and just let it grow wild. I didnt mind either way but i prefered her shaven.

I myself keep my areas alll trimmed down and neat.

What about the rest of you?
    Do you prefer shaven or hairy?
    Do you ever let yourself grow wild downstairs?
    Which feels better to be?

hmm interesting thread lol id like to hear some more guys opinions on this. Im gettin mine bikini waxed soon, so its getting a bit wild down there as im growing it lol. I used to shave it but fed up cos it gros back within like a day! i prefer it when it is neatened up and the undercarriage is hair-free because it just feels better to me, on guys, i have only ever had guys with hair and tbh it doesnt make much difference to me (ive never given a blow job) but i would be open to different hairstyles!

My mate got a brazilian done on hers, and i think ill get that done one day, but now she has it ALL gone!! i dont think ill ever do that - her bf likes it but id feel like a 5 year old with no pubes!
    I like mine all gone.

Id like to get myself professionally waxed but im too scared to get my fadge out in front of a stranger :(

No, i never let it grow wild, it only gets as far as stubble.
    And to me it feels better this way, and the boyfriend likes it too :)

On men i like it to be tamed. Hair free bollocks is a bonus.
    argh i wish god had never given us pubic hair.
    not to be graphic but i think mine grows at an abnormably long rate.
    its so easy to shave but mine never goes smooth and leaves disgusting stubble which looks and feels worse than the bush.
    the bush is disgusting and just ew and i hate it.
    a wax is ideal but very hard to do on your own. and it has to be a certain length between each wax so inevitably you can never be smooth 24/7. which is a con in a relationship.
    professional waxes are very expensive.
    so i have to do the half-bush, half DIY dodgy-wax thing.

ironically, on blokes, i dont care.
    My now-boyfriend trims the poon, as did the last one, we like to think of it as quality time together :thumb: But to be honest, it's not all that wild/coarse/dark (as if you needed to know!) anyway when left to its own devices; so there's not all that much point in waxing/shaving/slapping stinking creams on though I've done so in the past. Waste of my time and money, and neither I or any of my manfriends have ever really given a shit.

I would HATE him to do anything to his pubic hair, good god the thought of him tending to his short and curlies would really turn me off. Speaking more generally, similarly, a man spending time actually sitting and grooming his pubic hair (or having it groomed by another) would be an absolute dealbreaker for me. Just not my cup of tea at all, especially when done with the intent of making his cock look bigger. Jeez.
    I like neat & tidiness.
    yeah i agree with briggi, on blokes its a complete turn off.. its so feminine.
    question though, do men feel the same about women who dont do anything with theirs in the sense that its UNfeminine and masculine ie a turn off??
    I keep mine nice and tidy, just feels wrong otherwise :yes:

Don't think I've ever been with a girl who's was all wild and stuff, if I'm being absolutely honest it'd turn me off a bit.
    I like vaguely under control on a bloke, but not all gone, apart from anything else you can see all these scary veins! :eek2:

I swim loads (when not confined to bed anyway) so keep bikini line clear as anything escaping from a costume makes me feel even more blergh in a swim suit than usual and then keep the rest v short. Have done all off in the past for blokes who ask nicely but to do so permanetly would be too much hassle.
    briggi wrote:
    I would HATE him to do anything to his pubic hair, good god the thought of him tending to his short and curlies would really turn me off. Speaking more generally, similarly, a man spending time actually sitting and grooming his pubic hair (or having it groomed by another) would be an absolute dealbreaker for me. Just not my cup of tea at all, especially when done with the intent of making his cock look bigger. Jeez.
    totally disagree. i like my man to be trimmed.

as for me.. i shave it off apart from a strip.
    lipsy wrote:

Excellent. One less competititor in the quest for untrimmed men then, eh? ;)
    briggi wrote:
    Excellent. One less competititor in the quest for untrimmed men then, eh? ;)
    hopefully they're a dying breed ;)
    lipsy wrote:

Well hello there...:naughty:
    I've never been that keen on pubic hair - it looks messy, I reckon. However, the one time I tried to shave it off, I ended up getting some pretty bad cuts. All I've done ever since is keep it trimmed. As for on women, I'm fine with whatever she chooses - it's her body, after all.
    I prefer trimmed, I've seen this one bloke who shaved it all off and it just looked like a turkey with a case of bird flu :yuck:
    ha

so those of you ladies who wax......surely you get a bit untidy down there just before you get a wax as you have to grow it a bit?
    I don't mind a woman who cause au natural...so long as its just there and not other places like arm pits.

But as i say, shaven is more fun.
    jenni30 wrote:
    ha

so those of you ladies who wax......surely you get a bit untidy down there just before you get a wax as you have to grow it a bit?

It doesn't all grow back at once. Just keep waxing when you see bits. Makes it much easier and takes much less time too. If you are good at upkeep its rarely ever hairy.
    OK What I want to know is if

a strip is a Brazilian
    and nothing is Hollywood

what is the upsidedown Triangle called?

.. BTW I favour the triangle look .. I think it follows the natural contours better thien a landing strip.
    professional waxes are very expensive.
    Not really. It costs me £13 for a brazilian wax.
    Or spend 6 on some sally hansen and diy for 6 months.
    I began shaving in august 05 because of hygiene reasons. I worked 12 hour shifts in long uniform in summer. I kept up with it, but I am not pubic-phobic. Sometimes I let them grow for some weeks, I am not paranoid about them.
    I like my girls at least trimmed. I dunno, it's a psychological thing. Longer pubics don't gross me out, but if at least the part on the legs is shave it's at least a sign of "I am maintaining myself."

I don't think shaving to make it look bigger even works. It's just so 'defenseless' shaven and totally accessible to views (in a spa for example), where hair 'hide' parts. I've seen many blokes trimmed and shaven, but - without wanting to be cocky - I have a handsome peen (sorry TMI!) and it looks fine.

/edit: oh, I leave a finger-broad strip from the navel until the base of it.
    Not really. It costs me £13 for a brazilian wax.

but it's really painful :nervous: that's what puts me off, however much it costs
    its so easy to shave but mine never goes smooth and leaves disgusting stubble which looks and feels worse than the bush.

That's just like me!
    I usually just shave (too wussy to wax!) and leave a landing strip (and take it all off 'underneath') but the other week I shaved all the hair off; big mistake. It's good from a sensation point of view - skin to skin contact rocks - but when I shave I'll have slightly spikiness by the next day - my man probbaly doens't notice it but I have really pale skin and very dark hair, so I think it looks awful, not to mention feeling disgusting! I can never get it totally smooth with shaving either - and the one time I managed it, I ended up with a horrible red shaving rash! :eek: :rolleyes:

Anyone got any tips??