Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pill headaches

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just a quick quiery as i am having a stupid moment and cant think properly!

ive just started on the pill (like yesterday) and i was thinking i can have unprotected sex any time of the month cant I? when can i start having non-protected sex - its a week isnt it?

Also i woke up this morning with a bitch of a headache i think it might be something to do with the pill. But i have a had a words-cant-describe hectic weekend so i think that could be it?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, it usually takes about 7 days for you to become protected. They recommend to just use extra protection for the 7 days, I think.

The headache could be due to the hectic week, however leave it a few days and see how it goes. If it continues, go back to the doctor and they will check you out and perhaps change the brand of pill if it's to do with that.

As soon as I started taking the pill I was sick for the first 2 days of taking it each month, so I went back - they changed my pill and I'm fine now. Good luck :)
  • Options
    Hormones could be the reasons your getting a headache.
  • Options
    I'd give it a little longer for the headaches, unless you're convinced it's the pill.

If you started it on the first day of your period then you are protected now, if you didn't then use extra protection for 7 days. The easy rule is if in any doubt play it safe for seven days.
  • Options
    yeah i started on the first day of my period, just been to sleep and woken up feeling sick too. :( Im not convinced it is the pill so ill see how it is tomorrow
    thanks for the help