You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Feminist mouths off Steve Irwin.

1246789

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :yawn:



    :banghead:

    So why mention feminist in the title? When you did so you drew the link between her political beliefs and her comments. You only have yourself to blame for the reaction.



    because most of us coulnd't give a shit about what she says, apart from the issue for which she is renowned, most of us seem to see her opinions as irrelevant.



    Hope you didn't put money on it.



    No because you don't see it as abuse. If you'd said "Australian" mouths off, then it wouldn't be abusive. Throughout this thread though you have given a clear indication about your view of feminists and hence people know that you see it is a term which you can use to abuse someone. You problem is that she dared to say anoything at all awhich wasn't kissing Steve Irwin's arse. That she is a feminist gives you something to throw back.
    BS you would find that offensive. I made clear this isn't about feminists so why do you carry this on? Unless feminist are now a religion or a nationality, really there is no problem.

    You say "most of us couldn't give a shit what she says" which is why your trying to argue with something different to what the threads about. I couldn't have gave two shits what cult she belonged to, its you that is causing the trouble. A few members have even said there was no bad intentioned intended about the title, but perhaps its because I posted a rant about a highly ranked "Jedi" within this cult people dont like it. I never really had heard of feminists before I read this article, so why the fuck would I have been trying to cause a feud? She is well know as being a feminist, so I wrote feminist. It may be blasphemy to most of you, but you really out to grow up.

    There is no good reason why anyone should get offended about the title. None of the mods have said anything about the title. Its just you look for trouble.

    And for the record this wasn't originally posted in this section.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:
    BS you would find that offensive.

    Between the two of us, which do you think knows more about what I would think. Me, who has lived with my thoughts for over 30 years. Or you who has lived with some of them for less than 30 weeks? Doofus.
    I made clear this isn't about feminists so why do you carry this on?

    Becuase you don't seem to have the intelligence to understand that by using that title you made the thread to be about feminists and your views on them.
    ... what cult she belonged to,... a highly ranked "Jedi" within this cult

    Feminism is a "cult"?
    It may be blasphemy to most of you, but you really out to grow up.

    Deary me, you really don't understand, do you. Suggest you read up about what feminism means becuase you have no idea what you are saying.

    You are suggesting that anyone who believes in equal rights for women can have that belief thrown back at them as abuse. Even during an argument which has nothing to do with those views.

    You seem to make it appear that wanting equal rights is something to be ashamed of, rather than as something to be lauded.
    And for the record this wasn't originally posted in this section.

    So it's okay to throw terms out as abuse in other sections?

    Dude, there is a saying, "if you can't stand the heat..."
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Between the two of us, which do you think knows more about what I would think. Me, who has lived with my thoughts for over 30 years. Or you who has lived with some of them for less than 30 weeks? Doofus.



    Becuase you don't seem to have the intelligence to understand that by using that title you made the thread to be about feminists and your views on them.



    Feminism is a "cult"?



    Deary me, you really don't understand, do you. Suggest you read up about what feminism means becuase you have no idea what you are saying.

    You are suggesting that anyone who believes in equal rights for women can have that belief thrown back at them as abuse. Even during an argument which has nothing to do with those views.

    You seem to make it appear that wanting equal rights is something to be ashamed of, rather than as something to be lauded.



    So it's okay to throw terms out as abuse in other sections?

    Dude, there is a saying, "if you can't stand the heat..."
    To round another pointless post of yours up. This isn't about feminists, why dint you get that through your thick head? If I wrote I title "Feminist(S)" then that would mean more than one. You just dont get it.

    I know dont like feminist, if anyone in this thread is anything to go by. Yes it is a cult from what I am reading, they think everyone is trying to target them.

    Do you get it now? This thread ain't about feminists its about a women who happens to be a well know feminist. You are trying to cause an argument &/or you abit daft.

    "If you cant take the heat" then leave this thread. Or better still make your own thread about how nasty HIT is offending feminists. Yet you still haven't posted anything relevant to the topic.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:
    This isn't about feminists, why dint you get that through your thick head?

    That may not have been your attention, but it is now :p
    You just dont get it.

    Hmmm.. look around the thread, then see if you can figure out which one of us doesn't get it.
    I know dont like feminist, if anyone in this thread is anything to go by. Yes it is a cult from what I am reading, they think everyone is trying to target them.

    It's comments like that which have made this thread be about your views and the way in which you seem see "Feminist" as a term of abuse. Which is why the fact that you used it in the title is seen as inflamatory and therefore something worth discussion.

    Greer's views, frankly, aren't worth any kind of comment at all.
    "If you cant take the heat" then leave this thread. Or better still make your own thread about how nasty HIT is offending feminists. Yet you still haven't posted anything relevant to the topic.

    Ah diddums, have those nasty P&D people turned you thread away from your intended "let's slag of the feminist for criticising Steve"?

    Why is it okay to criticise her views, but not yours?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dear HIT,

    Thank you for your cretinous comments.

    I'd be much obliged if at some point you could explain to the world what her feminist ideology has to do with her attack on Irwin.

    I'd also be intrigued to find out why you couldn't be arsed to use her name, especially as she's not exactly an unknown.

    I look forward to hearing from you as a matter of urgency.

    Kindest regards,
    Kermit.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    Dear HIT,

    Thank you for your cretinous comments.

    I'd be much obliged if at some point you could explain to the world what her feminist ideology has to do with her attack on Irwin.

    I'd also be intrigued to find out why you couldn't be arsed to use her name, especially as she's not exactly an unknown.

    I look forward to hearing from you as a matter of urgency.

    Kindest regards,
    Kermit.

    As I have explained & even another member has explained to you, as much as you would like this this be an insult towards your church it isn't. I suggest you travel back in time & read what I said when asked this question before, "this isn't targeted, nor is this anything to do with feminists as a whole, but I chose that title because she is well known as a feminist, just like I would a top footballer & mp", only then should you be brought back down to reality & realise that the world dont hate feminists.

    After all I dont really think Sophia is offended by the title.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That may not have been your attention, but it is now :p



    Hmmm.. look around the thread, then see if you can figure out which one of us doesn't get it.



    It's comments like that which have made this thread be about your views and the way in which you seem see "Feminist" as a term of abuse. Which is why the fact that you used it in the title is seen as inflamatory and therefore something worth discussion.

    Greer's views, frankly, aren't worth any kind of comment at all.



    Ah diddums, have those nasty P&D people turned you thread away from your intended "let's slag of the feminist for criticising Steve"?

    Why is it okay to criticise her views, but not yours?
    MOK your posts are simply repeating themselves, abit like a scratched record. You have contradicted yourself also in this action replay of a post.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,026 I eat threads for breakfast
    I really can't see what the problem is?
    HIT has repeatedly stated that her feminist views have nothing to do with what he felt about her attack on Irwin, and that the word feminist was used in a purely descriptive way simply because that is what she's best known as.
    He's not the one making an issue of it.

    If I had titled a thread 'Muslim supports terror attacks' would that be offensive to all Muslims? Would it fuck.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    I really can't see what the problem is?
    HIT has repeatedly stated that her feminist views have nothing to do with what he felt about her attack on Irwin, and that the word feminist was used in a purely descriptive way simply because that is what she's best known as.
    He's not the one making an issue of it.

    If I had titled a thread 'Muslim supports terror attacks' would that be offensive to all Muslims? Would it fuck.
    ^^^^^^^^ Exactly

    Yet I have seen one or two threads in the past with that sort of title regarding Muslims (could well have been the man himself Kermit). No one got offended then.

    As I said in my previouse post, Sophia isn't upset because I used the words feminist. If I started the thread with a thumbs up & wrote "feminist speaks of Steve Irwin", then my post said, "what a lovely women she is :)", none of this would have escalated like it. I probably didn't even have to use the word feminist to frighten them.

    Its because I ranted about what appears to be now to me, some sort of elder in this set, she doesn't like it, & causes an off topic argument on something that is irrelevant & has nothing to do with the thread.

    I definitely dont like feminists (& its has been something like 48hrs since I have heard of them) now if Sophia & Kermit are anything to go by example, they haven't exactly boosted ratings.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i can't say i've read past the first few posts but this is probably the dullest thread on the board for a long time, seems like you lot are just arguing for the sake of it, ffs don't you have anything better to do? i don't think HIT meant anything by his comments so what's with all the political correctness? it's boring already.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    HIT has repeatedly stated that her feminist views have nothing to do with what he felt about her attack on Irwin, and that the word feminist was used in a purely descriptive way simply because that is what she's best known as.

    Why mention the word feminism then?

    Greer is far more famous for her name than anything else. I could understand the term if it was some minor feminist ideologue, but it isn't.

    If Blair had said this he wouldn't have said "politician", and if Beckham has said this he wouldn't have said "footballer".

    HIT doesn't like feminists and is trying to use this as a rather pathetic cheap shot. After all, who wouldn't like a dead man who made a lot of money from fluffy animals?

    Who said anything about being offended? Just because I think HIT is a moron doesn't mean I'm offended by his claptrap. And in terms of whom I respect more, I think I'll stick with MoK, who is actually intelligent.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Germaine Greer is a pathetic, shallow woman whom obviously has nothing to do than attack others because she's a miserable failure herself. Steve Irwin's name will rate far higher in history than Greer, a discredited old bat who should learn to shut up.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She may be many things, but she's not a failure.

    She's got us talking about her, she must be doing something right.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    She may be many things, but she's not a failure.
    She's got us talking about her, she must be doing something right.
    First thing she's done right in a while, then. Condemning reality TV before appearing on Big Brother herself? Exactly what a principled, sensible woman would do. Oh, look, a flying pig...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Germaine Greer is a pathetic, shallow woman whom obviously has nothing to do than attack others because she's a miserable failure herself. Steve Irwin's name will rate far higher in history than Greer, a discredited old bat who should learn to shut up.

    Only if history is dumbed down. Frankly in a few years time no-one will remember who Irwin is. His death is tragic, but he was a second rate entertainer who ran a zoo.

    Greer on the other hand wrote one of the most influential books on feminism of the twentieth century (if not the most influential). In twenty years time if you mention Germaine Greer people will know who you mean, if you mention Steve Irwin they'll scratch their heads and say "Who?"
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think NQA's hit the nail on the head.

    No matter how much you dislike her (and I dislike her quite a lot) she is one of the most influential feminist thinkers in the 20th century. She brought feminism into the mainstream and gave ordinary people access into the ideology, and I think people now forget just how influential she was.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit you over missed the point again. If you read back a good few posts, you will she that I said I have never heard of Greer, nor was I familiar with feminists. As the link I posted said she was well know for her feminist book, I used that as a title.

    I'm sure this as still offended you in one way or another. I guess we can only wait until you pick another fault.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i can't say i've read past the first few posts but this is probably the dullest thread on the board for a long time, seems like you lot are just arguing for the sake of it, ffs don't you have anything better to do? i don't think HIT meant anything by his comments so what's with all the political correctness? it's boring already.
    agreed
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just because I think you're chatting shit doesn't mean that I'm offended by what you say.

    Why would it? :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    Just because I think you're chatting shit doesn't mean that I'm offended by what you say.

    Why would it? :confused:
    I dont know with you. You think I am chatting shit because you are offended by the title. Would you care to explain how is using the word feminist in the title of a thread, chatting shit?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:
    nor was I familiar with feminists

    For someone so unfamiliar the word "cult" seems to trip off the tongue a little easy.

    Besides, don't bandy around words that you don't understand then...?
    I'm sure this as still offended you in one way or another.

    I'm not offended because I'm not really a feminist in the same way that Greer was. That doesn't mean that I can't smell a snidey insult when I see one.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i don't think HIT meant anything by his comments so what's with all the political correctness?

    Inspite of all the denials have you considered that we may be asking questions because we just don't believe them?

    Let me explain my thinking. I think he was riled because some commentators have criticised his beloved Steve. Greer's stood out because he already didn't like her feminism. How dare a woman who views he already doesn't like criticism someone he thinks is great - especially someone who is a "feminist" (rhymes with "bitch" apparently.

    So, rather than say, how dare people criticse Steve, he says how dare a "feminist" criticise Steve.

    You see?

    Feminism appears to be a suitable insult, whether or not it is relevant to the original subject of the thread. It's as if he thinks feminism is something to be ashamed of - hell he even describes it as a "cult" - thus linking it with other theories which are often outlandish...

    It's that aspect that I am interested in, rather than anything Greer actually said.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Inspite of all the denials have you considered that we may be asking questions because we just don't believe them?

    Let me explain my thinking. I think he was riled because some commentators have criticised his beloved Steve. Greer's stood out because he already didn't like her feminism. How dare a woman who views he already doesn't like criticism someone he thinks is great - especially someone who is a "feminist" (rhymes with "bitch" apparently.

    So, rather than say, how dare people criticse Steve, he says how dare a "feminist" criticise Steve.

    You see?

    Feminism appears to be a suitable insult, whether or not it is relevant to the original subject of the thread. It's as if he thinks feminism is something to be ashamed of - hell he even describes it as a "cult" - thus linking it with other theories which are often outlandish...

    It's that aspect that I am interested in, rather than anything Greer actually said.
    Your beginning to sound like a little girl. One of the mods asked me if I knew her & I said no. Your a trouble maker, do you family (to be) a favour & throw yourself in front of a train. Then we can discuss the political correctness of you doing so.

    Your nothing but a little shit stirrer. Yet you haven't got anything else to add about the article just like your other posts I have read through in this section where you just cause trouble.

    YET YOU STILL CANT READ PROPERLY. POINT OUT WHERE I REFFERED TO FEMENISTS AS A CULT, BEFORE I FULLY UNDERSTOOD WHAT THEY WERE?

    I BET YOU CANT.


    You notice something else, you only post when someone like Kermit posts. You haven't really got anything yourself to add, only just act like a "leech" & copy what others say. Part from the babyish swearing from the beginning, what original have you posted?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i can't say i've read past the first few posts but this is probably the dullest thread on the board for a long time, seems like you lot are just arguing for the sake of it, ffs don't you have anything better to do? i don't think HIT meant anything by his comments so what's with all the political correctness? it's boring already.

    Thirded. I sat and glanced through it the other day, to see what on earth was going on. People just pick on each other here for no reason at times, and it's childish IMHO.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Thirded. I sat and glanced through it the other day, to see what on earth was going on. People just pick on each other here for no reason at times, and it's childish IMHO.
    You get people like MOK who wet the bed at night thinking about me using a title what a women is best known for in a thread. Then when they get told they have been misunderstanding what the threads about, he goes on to call you a liar then. He is acting like a school child, cant get his own way, so throws around names.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whats this I found?
    mok wrote:
    Should a Scottish MP become PM?

    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=105239

    :nervous:

    This sounds far more offending than using the word feminist? So whats wrong with Scottish people? This to me sounds racist. :yes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:
    You get people like MOK who wet the bed at night thinking about me using a title what a women is best known for in a thread. Then when they get told they have been misunderstanding what the threads about, he goes on to call you a liar then. He is acting like a school child, cant get his own way, so throws around names.

    I am not singling out anyone, I have nothing against anyone who has posted in this thread, I just feel you should all grow up tbh! Look at what you are having a full scale battle over! Put all that energy into something more useful, it's just not worth it!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    .
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wow. Don't hold back what you really think or anything.

    Tellling a respected member to throw themselves in front of a train is not really the best way to have a rational discussion with them. If you can't handle the heat then get the hell out of the kitchen but don't have a tantrum on the way. I'm afraid I could never take any opinion of yours seriously when you react like this.
    I guess you should look back a few pages. :yes: I find it equally as insulting as having my words twisted, putting words in my mouth, & being called a liar. I have explained rationally to them from the beginning.

    This thread stopped being rational from page 2.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    .
Sign In or Register to comment.