Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

where did i go wrong? :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right..i'm trying to make a compilation CD for my friend (something i've never done before). i assumed it was quite easy to do (apparantly i can't even manage it!). i bought some cd-r xl-11 80 Music things assuming they were the right ones.

i've managed to get the songs onto the CD but when i put it in a player it won't work. :(

can anyone help a damsel in distress? :flirt:

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Well, let's begin by the basics: What program did you use to burn the CD, and what options did you choose?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Did you convert the songs into normal music files first? You can't just put mp3s onto the cd, as depending on the player it won't play them.
    Mist wrote:
    You can't just put mp3s onto the cd

I always have? :confused: And I've never found a player they wont play on, old or new.
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I always have? :confused: And I've never found a player they wont play on, old or new.
    The program has to translate the files into tracks, or the songs won't play unless the player supports the MP3 format, which old ones can't.
    they're mp3's yeh...i think i've cracked it i'll just go have a looky!
    how would i change them from mp3 files? i wouldn't have to rip the cd's allll over again? i know how to do that and change them to wma or something would that work? just can't be bothered with doing it again.

i don't wanna give my mate a cd for it not to work!
    nicx1811 wrote:

Then either your player is converting them automatically or your burning software is converting them automatically.
    how would i change them from mp3 files? i wouldn't have to rip the cd's allll over again? i know how to do that and change them to wma or something would that work? just can't be bothered with doing it again.

i don't wanna give my mate a cd for it not to work!

Well, it would "work" in that your mate could open the mp3 files on a computer or some dvd players, it just wouldn't work in your average cd player.

Otherwise you'll need to find a mp3 -> wav (I think) convertor on the web somewhere and run them through that, and reburn the cd.
    it works in my cd player which is nearly 3 years old so i hope it'll be okay.

it didn't work the first time cos i didn't use the thing i downloaded to put them on the cd i just went to file --> send to --> drive f or whatever not via the programme.

cheers guys.
    Mist wrote:
    Otherwise you'll need to find a mp3 -> wav (I think) convertor on the web somewhere and run them through that, and reburn the cd.
    You don't need an mp3 to wav converter!!!
    Any CD burning program can simply convert them to CD tracks. But of course you need to tell the program that you want to burn an audio CD.
    if you use windows media player, you can either choose to burn an audio or a data cd. choose the audio and your all funky dorey :thumb:
    Blah wrote:
    if you use windows media player, you can either choose to burn an audio or a data cd. choose the audio and your all funky dorey :thumb:

:yes: You can do the same with MusicMatch as well.