Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Crisps in other countries

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What flavour crisps do they in places like Oz, the US and Europe? I heard there is only two flavours in Germany, plain and Paprika.... maybe I read it on here?

Comments

• Options
    Oh paprika, that sounds nasty.

I had some salt and vinigear pringles for the first time yesterday, always reading about that flavor on here, they were alright.

From what I read here, I think the flavors are pretty much the same from here and there.

...various BBQ, ranch, sour cream and chive, sour cream and chedder, regular, cheese, guacmole, loaded baked potato (my fav) taco, salsa, pizza... millions more. Theres more crisp flavores than jelly belly flavors I'm sure of it :p
  • Options
    Yeah, crisp flavours are extremely limited in Germany and most countries on continental Europe as far as I've seen! I do absolutely love the Paprika ones though, so it suited me down to the ground. You can also get cheese-flavoured crisps/nachos and kettle chips etc at a stretch but there is nary a S&V bog standard packet of crisps to be found. In the end I had to resort to buying them from the English shop, which I hated doing but I started to get a bit desperate! :p

Some of the crisp flavours you can get in the US are pretty foul (and unnecessarily, to be honest).
  • Options
    briggi wrote:

Some of the crisp flavours you can get in the US are pretty foul (and unnecessarily, to be honest).

I had one the other day that tasted like spicy vomit. Don't even remember the "flavor." Needless to say, once the candy man came those chips were no longer in the machine.

Now that I think about it, they reminded me of the spicy cheetos. :yuck:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Ever had Prawn Cocktail crisps MyName?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Not exactly, but I saw a girl with shrimp flavored the other day. I assume they must have been similar. Didn't see the coctail part though. I polietly declined when she asked if I wanted to try some. :p

Are they any good?
  • Options
    is it true that all american 'crisps' are just doritoes and BBQ flavour in addition to the odd sourcream and onion/salt and vinegar

if thats the case, come to the UK we got every crisp flavour you can think of!
  • Options
    is it true that all american 'crisps' are just doritoes and BBQ flavour in addition to the odd sourcream and onion/salt and vinegar

!

No
  • Options
    oh
    ok
  • Options
    pizza flavour crisps? oooh. :yum:

here we also have ones such as beef and onion, turkey and stuffing, sweet chilli...can't remember any of the other new ones walkers do.
  • Options
    I can't say exactly how many flavours they use in Europe, but one is for sure! On the continent they call the crisps - chips :D
  • Options
    what ever happened to big breakfast crisps by golden wonder? they were teh sex :yum:
  • Options
    Salt n vinegar discos are good. Kettle chips are the nicest but they're expensive and so moreish I end up eating one of those massive bags.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    whenever i thnk of foreign crisps i think of how much i miss Ruffles...they have them in Spain I think.

And...I vaguely remember hedgehog flavour crisps from being little, and being utterly disgusted as i had just read the book, The Hodgeheg!
  • Options
    I have a big thing for Marmite crisps. Also skips will always have a special place in my heart.

ETA: Monster munch pickled onion, taste of my childhood :thumb:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Oh paprika, that sounds nasty.

:yum:
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:
    What flavour crisps do they in places like Oz, the US and Europe? I heard there is only two flavours in Germany, plain and Paprika.... maybe I read it on here?
    they used to do paprika pringles, don't know if they still do.
    the uk has so many different crisps, why would you need to look elsewhere?! :)
  • Options
    pizza flavour crisps? oooh. :yum:

here we also have ones such as beef and onion, turkey and stuffing, sweet chilli...can't remember any of the other new ones walkers do.

Only in Pringles is the pizza flavor though. :(
    Chilli, that one sounds good :yum:
  • Options
    You can get pizza flavour pringles here.

Pringles are rank though (IMHO)
  • Options
    Pringles are rank though (IMHO)
    :no: Pringles are yummy :yum:
  • Options
    i think the UK is top for crisps, we've got such a variety in brands as well as flavours so you can choose your shape, colour,consistency, flavour etc. And someone mentioned the sensations by walkers which are basically a meal in a crisp. I think crisps abroad are rubbish. Especially in Spain, the crisps are either ready salted or cheese and onion, if you can even CALL them flavours as they have next to no taste and are either big and bulbous and puffy or broken up and shitty. And, not wishing to point out Britain's rising obeseity rate, we also have big eat.Also, in Spain and other European countries the Walkers are called 'Lays', which doesn't do anything for me at all. When i hear 'Walkers' i think crunchy, flavoursome, filling tasty crisps. and Gary Lineker. now HE is yummy!
  • Options
    pringles are yummy and i want some now. :impissed:
  • Options
    marmite, wotsits and quavers! yum yum
  • Options
    oh i got some pickled onion monster munch from hyper value, they looked and tasted like normal monster much but when you opened your mouth your tongue is blue! like electric blue. it was so awesome
  • Options
  • Options
    i think the UK is top for crisps, we've got such a variety in brands as well as flavours so you can choose your shape, colour,consistency, flavour etc.

It's also means that we are the pits because crisps are *so* unhealthy.
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:

I had a packet of Paprika crisps in Fuerteventura, They were nasty, they are all stale and chewy :confused:
    Next time I go there, I will be going armed with Salt n vinegar Squares!!!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Here (Greece) the most common flavours are Salted and Oregano. Others I remember are Paprika, BBQ and Heinz Ketchup. There are some more but I don't remember what.
    Oh, and some with Feta Cheese, Olive and other "traditional" flavours.
  • Options
    Sweet Thai Chili and Lamb and Mint Walkers Sensation are the best.... not forgetting those yummy Marmite ones!
  • Options
    ooh ooh they do cheese pringles now too
  • Options
    When I went to Morocco they only had plain! We introduced them to our variety pack of walkers!