Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Being British

smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
Just came across this thought it were quite funny

Being British is about:

Driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, thentra velling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.

And the most British thing of all? Suspicion of all things foreign!

Now for the best bits:

Only in Britain can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

Only in Britain do supermarkets make sick people walk all the way to the back of the shop to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

Only in Britain do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and a DIET coke.

Only in Britain do banks leave both doors open and chain the pens to the counters.

Only in Britain do we leave cars worth thousands of pounds on the drive and lock our junk and cheap lawn mower in the garage.

Only in Britain do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

Only in Britain are there disabled parking places in front of a skating rink.

NOT TO MENTION...

3 Brits die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.

142 Brits were injured in 1999 by not removing all pins from new shirts.

58 Brits are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers.

31 Brits have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights were plugged in.

19 Brits have died in the last 3 years believing that Christmas decorations were chocolate.

British Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after Xmas cracker-pulling accidents.

18 Brits had serious burns in 2000 trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth.

A massive 543 Brits were admitted to A&E in the last two years after trying to open bottles of beer with their teeth.

5 Brits were injured last year in accidents involving out-of-control Scalextric cars.

and finally...

In 2000 eight Brits were admitted to hospital with fractured skulls incurred whilst throwing up into the toilet.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LOL That's ace
    I'll have to remember that last one, when i go out tomorrow :lol:
    smitherz wrote:
    Just came across this thought it were quite funny

Being British is about:

Driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, thentra velling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.

And the most British thing of all? Suspicion of all things foreign!

Now for the best bits:

Only in Britain can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

Only in Britain do supermarkets make sick people walk all the way to the back of the shop to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

Only in Britain do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and a DIET coke.

Only in Britain do banks leave both doors open and chain the pens to the counters.

Only in Britain do we leave cars worth thousands of pounds on the drive and lock our junk and cheap lawn mower in the garage.

Only in Britain do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

Only in Britain are there disabled parking places in front of a skating rink.

NOT TO MENTION...

142 Brits were injured in 1999 by not removing all pins from new shirts.

58 Brits are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers.

31 Brits have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights were plugged in.

19 Brits have died in the last 3 years believing that Christmas decorations were chocolate.

British Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after Xmas cracker-pulling accidents.

18 Brits had serious burns in 2000 trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth.

A massive 543 Brits were admitted to A&E in the last two years after trying to open bottles of beer with their teeth.

5 Brits were injured last year in accidents involving out-of-control Scalextric cars.

and finally...

In 2000 eight Brits were admitted to hospital with fractured skulls incurred whilst throwing up into the toilet.

This is not really funny,but only in Britain people with British passports blow up themselves (and a everyone around them) in attempt to support someone else's cause!!!
    ha i thought it was very funny to be honest, so much so thats its getting a copy n paste and sent around in an email to people..
    im always banging on about how good britain is, that sort of shut me up.
    Bah, the only truly british thing is going on holiday and refusing to speak the native language. Even if you're not going abroad! As soon as you've left the house you start speaking some weird gutteral tongue that no one understands. And that's the way we like it! It means we get to shout and people and call the cunts just because they don't know what the fuck we are actually saying.
    Also, the Chuckle Brothers. Any other nation would have gassed those fuckers.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    smitherz wrote:
    Can 9 volts kill you?
    I'm not a brit, but I tried this when I was about 5... No shock or anything, just a strange taste.

Some think their being witty by saying the fast food and diet Coke thing. It's seems their to stupid to realise that not everyone likes drinking something that you can feel rotting your teeth.
    Can 9 volts kill you?
    I'm not a brit, but I tried this when I was about 5... No shock or anything, just a strange taste.

:lol: I tried that too, on various batteries.. :shocking:
    Yes but at cricket we won the ashes with an Aussie coach. At tennis we acquired a Canadian player to join our British (South African) Olympic runner. Our TV shows are run by well known Brits like Terry Wogan (Irish) and Magnus Magnusson (Icelandic). The army couldn't fight without Ghurkhas and Fijis. The RAF has always had Kiwis and at one time there were so many Poles in Air Traffic Control that it was fortunate that many of the flying instructors spoke the same language. Our hospitals have Philipino and Russian nurses, German doctors and West Indian cooks and cleaners. The thing that upsets me most is that the cabinet is full of Scots.