Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Morphine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have my own happy bottle that no one else is going anywhere near, but was wondering...

Do people really take it for fun?

Comments

• Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Don't know try it, the only way to find out if you like it. How you planning on taking it?

Never had it at the hospital, all it does is sedates you!
  • Options
    Sorry, didn't really make myself clear. I was on a morphine drip in hospital and was discharged with the oral form. I kind of live on it for pain relief at the moment, but makes me feel so blergh I am struggling to believe anyone takes it for fun.
  • Options
    they do but it's something you have to be really carefuly with. my friend has to tak eit constantly and its not something you can just stop taking. if you take it fo rfun, u need to really know ur stuff, u need to lessen the dosage at frequent intervals or you'll be left feeling like death with a massive head ache.
  • Options
    Sorry, didn't really make myself clear. I was on a morphine drip in hospital and was discharged with the oral form. I kind of live on it for pain relief at the moment, but makes me feel so blergh I am struggling to believe anyone takes it for fun.

Oh sorry man, Is it something you have to take? or is it an option to help with pain relief.

If you feel uncomfortable taking it or you don't like what you feel, i suggest maybe you tell your GP to see if there is another option you could take.
  • Options
    Its an option for the pain relief, but its about the only one that works (well that or entonox and apparently I can't have that at home).

Fingers crossed shouldn't be too much longer, had surgery on Monday and once the wound from that heals should all be fine and dandy.
  • Options
    Its an option for the pain relief, but its about the only one that works (well that or entonox and apparently I can't have that at home).

Fingers crossed shouldn't be too much longer, had surgery on Monday and once the wound from that heals should all be fine and dandy.

Good to hear. Looks like your going to have to put up with it for the mean time.