Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

First date going cinema?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Got a date sat night, going for a few drinks, then going cinema.

However, ive never really been on a date with someone i dont know and gone to the cinema!

Have you?

If so, do u put ur arm around them? kiss them? sit tight and close? u tel me!

Wee bit nervous :nervous:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When you say you don't know them, is this a blind date, someone from net or someone you just met?

Physical contact: well don't push it, but take it as it comes. Extend a hand maybe and see if she holds onto your hand. If not, don't try any more.
    My first date with my current boyf was to the cinema. We (not deliberately) ended up going to see a film that confused the hell out of us, so we ended up chatting a bit, in a hushed voice. We didn't sit close together or anything like that, I had his jacket over me because I was cold and that's about it. It helped us get to know one another though, and since we had something to talk about it was a nice ice breaker.
    Depends what vibes you get.

It's good you're going for a few drinks first, get to know each other.

I wouldn't really do the whole yawning > stretching > Oh my arm happens to be round you now, how did that happen? thing, but I'd maybe move my arm a bit closer to hers on the arm rest between the two of you, and if I got the good vibe I'd maybe try and hold her hand?

Only if you get good vibes though, if she's sitting there with a face like sour milk then I'd leave well alone.
    I'd try holding her hand for the first time on the way to the cinema, rather than while you're watching the film. It's less awkward that way. And then obviously if she doesn't mind holding your hand in public you've got the green light in the cinema.
    My first date wasnt at the cinema, but no contact, and we had gone to movies the other 3 times we met before going out, so we knew stuff about eachother.

The 2nd date was the movies. He held my hand around town, we held in movies, rested heads, touching arms and legs and quick kiss. All depends on vibes yeah.
    this girl is someone ive known since school, but never really spoke to her, but we speak on msn n that so i asked her out for a date and all went well like
    Ooh, is it tonight? Good luck. I :heart: first dates.
    Yeah first dates can we good laugh!

Just wait and see how things go before kissing her or doing any touching, play it cool and see what vibes you get as already said.
    yea yea will do. cant wait now

nervs are kicking in :(
    Well well well

I think the date went brilliant...

We had a few drinks, went cinema, then went out for a meal!

However, it was brilliant... BUT

I was stood at the bar getting the drinks while Sammy was sat down, and i received a text message! The text message was obviously suppose to be sent to another lad, however she sent it to me!! ooooops!

When i sat back down with her she said "Oh that wasnt meant to go to you, and it wasnt meant for another lad"
    (But it blatenly was cus it had lots of kisses on the end!) lol

Then i decide to crash my car!! oooops

Then i just this minute, sign on msn and she's got I LOVE PLACEY written as her screen name!

It's like, wtf's going on, WHY DO I DESERVE THIS!!
    You crashed your car? Are you alright? Is everything ok there?

Sorry to hear, glad it went good, but if shes doing that whilst on a freaking date, you deserve better :yes:
    My friend went on a first date to the cinema when we were at uni. And during it he got a "what the hell have you been doing with my girlfriend" prank call from some mates back home. These mates didn't even know he was on a date, it was just a coincidence, but he never went out with her again. Gutted.

I hate dates at the cinema, even with an actual girlfriend. Our cinema has these horrible bucket-shaped seats which means that the most contact you can have is holding their hand. Try and put your arm round them and it'll snap off.
    Dates? Never understood this concept at all, been on one or two and it's a bit shit...listen, if it's the girl's idea then she wants a kiss, just pluck up the courage and kiss her after the film...putting your arms around her during the film is gay and chessey, let her know your interested and go for the kill afterwards.
    brad18 wrote:
    Then i just this minute, sign on msn and she's got I LOVE PLACEY written as her screen name!

Who or what the fuck is Placey?

If it's some other lad and she's trying to make you jealous, then tell her where to go :yes:
    Na i dont think she knew i was on msn, my status was "appear offline" and i dont think she thought i was gonna go on msn after i got home!

Anyway i text her last nite saying, look i dont think we should see eachother again because you obviously like placey.

She then replied saying he's mate best mate!

As for my car, its dented on the front and the number plate is ripped off And yeah im fine from the accident.
    fuck sake. what a waste of money!

Tried to ring her all day sunday, no answere, and no reply to texts.

so i left it. Went on msn last nite, only to find out she "STILL LOVES HER EX" so she doesnt want nothing more than friendship!

Bollox, i wish she told me this before i took her out for meal, cinema etc!!

from now on i think ill just wait for them to come to me. im not doing the chasing!
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    rejected. only jkin.

Yup wait for them to come to you, least you know they like you then
    Yea exactly!

anyone else jimmy agree?
    Don't think I agree with the girl doing all the chasing, tbh. So, what would happen if there was a girl you really liked, but you decided to let her do all the chasing?
    Then i'd get no-where obviously. and that will continue until i become a grumpy old man i think! hehe
    makes it harder for me, cus i dont wanna chase anymore, tired of it and women have stressed me right out with what theyve done to me, i dont deserve it at all.

May try internet dating
    Sofie wrote:
    Don't think I agree with the girl doing all the chasing, tbh. So, what would happen if there was a girl you really liked, but you decided to let her do all the chasing?

By letting her come to you i dont mean doing the chasing. i just mean if the girl makes the first initial move that she likes you. least then you know where you stand.

and besides most girls expect the lad to do everything.
    brad18 wrote:
    fuck sake. what a waste of money!

Tried to ring her all day sunday, no answere, and no reply to texts.

so i left it. Went on msn last nite, only to find out she "STILL LOVES HER EX" so she doesnt want nothing more than friendship!

Bollox, i wish she told me this before i took her out for meal, cinema etc!!

from now on i think ill just wait for them to come to me. im not doing the chasing!

Don't look at it as a waste of time and money, and don't let it stop you point blank from chasing anymore girls as that attitude is a surefire way to end up dateless and miserable. Especially as you're (I assume) at the kind of age where a lot of girls aren't really confident enough to pursue someone they're interested in.

I think this probably shows you need a bit more time and experience to get a bit better at reading the typical dating "signals", but hey, it's all a learning curve... and maybe up until she went out with you she was confident she was over her ex and ready to move on with someone new. I think a lot of us have been in that frame of mind, at least I have. Sometimes going out with someone new makes you realise how incredibly over your ex you AREN'T - not that this helps you in any way, of course. Chin up, don't let one bad experience put you off.

Oh, and next time go dutch :thumb:
    smitherz wrote:
    and besides most girls expect the lad to do everything.

Not really. I certainly don't.
    your 100% correct there smitherz!

y cant it be the other way around?

If we do the chasing, well for example if i went upto a bird in a club, the only way of knowing that she doesnt like you, is if you go to kiss her, you'll soon find out that she doesnt because youll get a smack in the gob!!

If they come up to us we cant exactly do that

But what ill do is if i spot the first inital sign they like me, then ill give them a sign
    Sofie wrote:
    Not really. I certainly don't.

You must be the other 4% lol
    brad18 wrote:
    If we do the chasing, well for example if i went upto a bird in a club, the only way of knowing that she doesnt like you, is if you go to kiss her, you'll soon find out that she doesnt because youll get a smack in the gob!!

We're not all like that. I'm certainly not. If I don't like someone, I will tell them. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for male friends of mine who I've liked in the past.:rolleyes:
    brad18 wrote:

You what? It's possible to find out whether someone likes you or not without sticking the lips on them; even in a club scenario.
    briggi wrote:
    Don't look at it as a waste of time and money, and don't let it stop you point blank from chasing anymore girls as that attitude is a surefire way to end up dateless and miserable. Especially as you're (I assume) at the kind of age where a lot of girls aren't really confident enough to pursue someone they're interested in.

I think this probably shows you need a bit more time and experience to get a bit better at reading the typical dating "signals", but hey, it's all a learning curve... and maybe up until she went out with you she was confident she was over her ex and ready to move on with someone new. I think a lot of us have been in that frame of mind, at least I have. Sometimes going out with someone new makes you realise how incredibly over your ex you AREN'T - not that this helps you in any way, of course. Chin up, don't let one bad experience put you off.

Oh, and next time go dutch :thumb:

Briggi im 19 by the way. And i did everything i could during that date, everything i possibly could! ive been on dates before, and been pretty confident, but for some reason ive been a bit edgy with this one, so i spent all week researching dating tips etc. what a waste of time ay
    briggi wrote:
    You what? It's possible to find out whether someone likes you or not without sticking the lips on them; even in a club scenario.

Exactly.