Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Good customer service

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Me n my mate were in tescos the other day and the till guy only scanned one of my mates 2 red bulls. Shockingly :eek2: my friend told him and he was really nice about it, praising my friend on his honesty etc.

Poorly trained but a nice chap!

Also the bird on the till behind was givin me the eye, is that good customer service?;)
  • Options
    Some more good service - Amazon.co.u

Agreed. I orded something off them in November 2004 and it took a few months to arrive. I emailed them after about a month and they apologised and gave me a voucher for £5.
  • Options
    Also the bird on the till behind was givin me the eye, is that good customer service?;)

She was probably keeping her hawkeye on you while frantically pressing the shoplifter alarm under the till, or something :p

I don't think I've ever had bad customer service, to be honest. I'm always nice to them and patient, and they're always nice to me.

The only time I've made a complaint was when they closed the doors on a GNER train two and half minutes before departure and flat-out refused to let my brother, SIL and month old niece board the train. We had to shell out £180 on the spot for tickets for the next train, needless to say I screamed bloody murder and they not only refunded the cost to me but also gave us train vouchers to the value of £180. Testament to the powers of good complaint letter writing, that is! :thumb:
  • Options
    One of the first things I noticed when I moved to London was how shocking the customer service is.
    Of course I am talking about in general, and have some perfectly fine customer service from time to time (and if i do so, i always make a point of going back to that shop).
    I have seen all the things already mentioned here like shop assistants chatting to each other, talking on the phone (personal calls i mean), just generally mucking about instead of serving or while they are serving me and millions of transactions without a single word said. If I have really bad service somewhere, I never go back there (unless i have to) and i tell every i know how crap they are too.

when i used to work in a shop, we were told that 60% of the customer's decision whether or not to shop there again was down to customer service. god knows how they got that statistic or if it was true but i'd say its true for me as a customer.

One of the worst examples I had was when I had just arrived in the country was attempting to buy a train ticket to go to work and when I asked a question about how the ticket worked the assistant said "well its obvious, you stupid cow" :shocking:

I am not asking for shop assistants to have a big long conversation with me, just to notice I exist and be polite would be great.
  • Options
    Me n my mate were in tescos the other day and the till guy only scanned one of my mates 2 red bulls. Shockingly :eek2: my friend told him and he was really nice about it, praising my friend on his honesty etc.

Poorly trained but a nice chap!

it's not poorly trained. believe it or not he won't have been trained to not scan all of the items. he was obviously not paying enough attention.

i try and give customers back their coupons sometimes. luckily they hand them back and i'm like oops! :blush:
  • Options
    I don't think enough people show their appreciation for an assistant when they give good customer service. I've had at least two people i know of approach my manager and tell her how great my service was and that they felt that she should note this because it isnt often you get such good customer service. It makes you're day being told something like this and lets you know you are doing things right. I get comments basically everyday from people saying, great service you've been brilliant than you.

People, start showing appreciation damn you ! ;)

Seriously though the saying that " treat others as you would expect to be treated yourself " or words to that effect is completely true. Their is good service, or nothing at all, and i know when i receive bad service in a shop i let it be known !

It's true though what i saw on television once, we never show apprreciation when we get good service but we damn well shout and ball when we get bad service.

if you want good customer service, just find me :p
  • Options
    The best customer service I have ever recieved is from Diamond car insurance :D

They're always nice, they always have a natter with me... to a point that when I called them one time and the computer service went down halfway through my phone call that I wasn't even slightly miffed. They called me back in 5 minutes anyway.

Also, they do little nice things for me. I called to change my direct debit day, and the guy offered every way to make the date I had to be getting my money together for more convienient, and after I did change it, the next day in the post I recieved a little schedule. I hadn't asked for it, but it's useful!
  • Options
    from my experience my least favourite supermarket would be sainsburys. not because of bad customer service but my local store only ever has about 3 tills open.

I don't think I've ever been in there when they've needed more than 3 tills open. It's mental.
  • Options
    yesterday in h&m. i was buying something that was reduced and when it came up on the till it had the full price so i just politely said 'i thought it was half price' and she realllllly rudely said 'give me a minute'. okay so that doesn't sound rude but she was!
    This tbh probably had something to do with the way in which you approached the subject. I work in a next clearance shop and a lot of the stuff we sell can end up a bit damaged or reduced somehow without it coming through on the till in which case we have to reduce it ourselves.
    Now by how much we reduce items is down to our discretion (obviously if its got a big £5 label on then we sell it for that but when things are damaged its our call most of the time) so how much we knock off depends on the attitude of the customer being served.
    If i get a customer walk up, place something on the counter, watch me ring it through then say "oh, it says its £xx over there" then i'll apologize and change it. When people walk up to the till, throw a jacket at me and bark "how much!?" i'm slightly less inclined to do them any favours.
    We've recently just finished quite a good sale where a lot of clothes went down to 2 and 3 pounds each. I had a lady come in about a week ago wanting to buy a jumper (this was £3 in the sale, which has now finished so normal prices apply, normal price = £8) i put it through then she starts effing and blinding at me because its not come through at £3. i calmly explain to her that the sale is over and that the normal prices apply now but yet she continues to argue with me (read as 'shout at me') saying she only paid £3 for one the week before so she should pay that now. I stood my ground and made her walk away empty handed but its all down to the attitude. If she had come up and shown me manners and courtesy i might have knocked the price down a bit because the sale was on for quite a number of weeks so it probably was a bit of a shock to the regulars seeing the prices go back up.

Just remember that its down to the attitude of the customer on how the till staff react to you. If you're friendly and nice you will no doubt get a better service!
  • Options
    well yeh i didn't know she'd have to press some buttons to reduce it herself. she was rude though, i wasn't.