Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

need help on loosing weight badly please,

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't patronise me. I just don't see whats so inspirational about some chappy losing weight. Yes, its good for him that he was successful in losing weight and is now a successful person, but I don't think its inspiring in any way, shape or form. Maybe we just have different definitions of what is or isn't inspiring.
    Well (you) dont, but there is a hell of alot of people that do.
  • Options
    Really? Prove it.
  • Options
    Really? Prove it.
    Look all over the net, the man has his own forum. He is famous in the U.S, so please dont start cross examining me.
  • Options
    Don't patronise me. I just don't see whats so inspirational about some chappy losing weight. Yes, its good for him that he was successful in losing weight and is now a successful person, but I don't think its inspiring in any way, shape or form. Maybe we just have different definitions of what is or isn't inspiring.

Yeah, they do Moon. I think you're wrong, and that seeing someone else do something that you want to do can be a real encouragement.
  • Options
    I asked a genuine question about how it is inspirational. I didn't expect to be talked down to because I fail to see how it is inspirational. Thank you for answering my question Fiend, thats all I was after in the first place.
  • Options
    I asked a genuine question about how it is inspirational. I didn't expect to be talked down to because I fail to see how it is inspirational. Thank you for answering my question Fiend, thats all I was after in the first place.
    I answered your question in the first place. Why do you think people find him an inspiration? Because he went from a nobody that was overweight to a famous person in the fitness world with a great body. Some people will look at him & want to follow him.
  • Options
    I do apologize, maybe I got so distracted by you acting like a condescending prick that I might have missed you explaining it.
  • Options
    Chew everything you eat, even yoghurt (yes it's possible!) So lots of raw vegetables, maybe dipped in houmous as a nice snack. Tricks your mind into making you feel full up!
  • Options
    thanks people once again for the support and am going to buy carots today and cut them up into strips and use them as snacks when im felling kinda hungry and stuff, thnks for all the help.
  • Options
    I've never really been overweight as such and im just one of those skinny fuckers with a fast metabolism, I did have the problem with junk food though.
    A few months ago i used to have dinner then straight after go for the fridge and get something sweet like a chocolate bar or an ice-cream when really i shouldnt have even been hungry still.
    I just felt really unhealty, got out of breath from just moderate excercise, and found myself snacking on sweets and biscuits when i was watching tv.
    Then my mate asked me if i wanted to join a gym with him.
    Ok, i thought, if im going to go the gym regularly then i might as well go the whole hog and lead a healthier lifestyle to boot. so i just cut out all the fizzy drinks (which i used to drink during meals as well as whenever i was thirsty) and swopped for water.
    After meals i would walk away from temptation, come up staits and check my emails or this site or something to keep my mind away from sweet things and if i still felt hungry just had a glass of water.
    Its been over 4 months now since i joined the gym, i've been going on average 3 times a week with my mate, ive got a makings of a 6 pack which gives you a great boost when you see it in the mirror let me tell you, and i've got a much stronger arm definition.
    My tips to help you succeed:

Drink more water! cant stress this enough. If you think you're hungry or want a fizzy drink, have a big glass of water instead and 9/10 times the feeling will go away.

Join a gym with a friend - when theres two of you theres a hell of a lot more motivation! theres been countless nights where i've not been arsed to go, but when my mate has turned up saying he really wants to go it just pushed the life back into me.

Keep away from the kitchen at times you are normally likely to snack. For me its after meal times when i crave sweet stuff so I avoid the kitchen after meals and normally i dont even crave things after 10 minutes.

I can definately reccomend this though mate, a couple of months down the line and you will feel so much healthier and better about yourself and this of course makes you practically beam confidence! :thumb:
  • Options
    thanks people once again for the support and am going to buy carots today and cut them up into strips and use them as snacks when im felling kinda hungry and stuff, thnks for all the help.

phat munch
  • Options
    The good thing about that is that if you consume the carrot strips on an empty stomach, it will take more energy digesting the carrots than the actual calories in the carrots itself. Also when drinking water, make sure its as cold as possible, this will make the body heat it up, thus burn more calories.
  • Options
    Hey
    Thought I'd just drop in with a few links you might find useful.

First of all, if you need to keep motivated with your fitness plan, listen to our Keeping Fit podcast, which has lots of tips:

Podcast (click on the 'download audio' link)

Plus check these articles out:

Training and diet

A balanced diet

Obesity

Good luck with your weight loss plan - let us know how you get on!