Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mate on drugs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, basically, my mate is on crack cocaine nd she's in a real bad way. She's using all her money to fund her habit and doing other things to pay for her habit. I understand that I am unable to really help her as she is now quite far into her habit and she don't hang around us anymore. Just wanted to know what effects does the drug have on a person. Like for example I heard that it makes you quite horny.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    Firstly if your mate is as far in as you say she is, look after yourself first and foremost. This means not getting into any situation that could compromise your safety, security or property with this person. A crack habit can and will make all other human relationships redundant eventually, everything defers to the drug.

The effects of Crack cocaine can be viewed
    Here
    , and also a good place to look is on Erowid.

It is known to act as a sexual stimulant, as is the regular powder form of Cocaine.

If your friend wants help or is ready to address her problem, you might want to contact the charity Release http://www.release.org.uk/
    for advice or get her to make contact with them. They will be able to point her in the direction of local services that can offer help and support.

However I would say again, look after yourself first and foremost. More than perhaps any other drug Crack Cocaine is a nasty business, so be mindful of the circles that your friend is moving in.

Caution rather than suspicion.
  • Options
    Thanks for the links.

Na, I haven't been around her as I haven't seen her for about a couple of months. But I rang my other friend to see what was up with her and she told me what was going down. I hardly know anything about the drug and how it's used so there's no way ill be around the people she's hanging around with - other users and dealers.

Mate said that one of her dealers hid some in her flat and she smoked the whole lot - about £500 worth of stuff, so shes heavily into it.
  • Options
    Mate said that one of her dealers hid some in her flat and she smoked the whole lot - about £500 worth of stuff, so shes heavily into it.

Well if thats the case I would advise, in the strongest possible terms that you steer well clear.
  • Options
    I don't hang around her anymore but just see how she's doing through another friend. i really want people's opinions on the drug like from people who have taken it and the effects.
  • Options
    Sounds like she's in a bit deep.Well its expensive for a start, starts at about £20 a stone. Cheaper too cook up don't know why more people don't do it. From what I've seen and heard crack is just a drug that people can just do and do and then do some more... sit smoking rocks for days. Done it once, nice pure feeling high but lasted me about 10minutes if that so don't really know much about effects. It's just a stimulant basically, lower inhibitions possibly, increased energy, loss of appetite etc. Scattered thoughts after doing a lot, cause weight loss etc. I've never seen a fat crackhead to tell you the truth.

Thats about as much as I know.
  • Options
    you can find lots of user accounts on erowid, or you can do a search on this message board
  • Options
    Release are the people to speak to, get them to ring them, they know what they are talking about, can get people help faster and more effectively than GP's or even some drug treatment centre's.