Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fancy dress parties

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
who here has been to one? what did u go as?

i went to one when i was about 11- i was cinderella's ugly sister.

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    yeah i have been to a few. my fave now looking back was as a chimney sweep, however at the time, i certainly didnt appreciate it, as i wanted to be a fairy like all the other girls there!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    I went to one a few weeks ago as a hula girl. Quite amusing.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I went to one a couple of years ago as a fairy, which is horribly common and overdone. However, I had a pair of fairy wings and needed an excuse to wear them.

When I was a kid, I think I went as fireman sam, or a snowman. Oh I've been Santa as well, but that was for a fancy dress canoe tour rather than a party.
  • Options
    When I was about 7 I dressed up as a clown for a birthday party, I think there's still photos.

And one of the shepherds wet himself at my schools 1988 Xmas carol concert :o :nervous: :crying:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I've been to plenty. I've dressed as several things, like one of the Daltons (from Lucky Luke), an old man, the Grim Reaper, a priest and others... One of my classmates once dressed as a female prostitute (even had a thong under his skirt).
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I've been to a fair few. I've gone to parties dressed as a pirate, wonder woman, Ali G, Jordan, Starsky and Hutch duo (I was Starsky) and maybe more, but that's all I can think of atm.
  • Options
    I've been to more fancy dress parties than I've had hot dinners, I love 'em.

I most often go as a cheerleader if there's no theme, my ex had an American theme for his 21st and I made a fantastic costume so it seems wrong not to re-use it. Piece of piss and I don't look like a complete twat if I go out on the town afterwards (ok, I do, but at least you can shake your pom poms at people :razz: ).

I love Cowboys and Indians themes, though, I would've had that for my birthday this year if I thought anyone would've actually done it. Boring gits.
  • Options
    ive done a few. been as Tony Montana, Santa and my all time fave one Hulk Hogan. wish i still had the costume...made it myself as well :(
  • Options
    I dressed up as the girl from teenage mutant ninja turtles when I was about 6. I tend to dress up to go clubbing as one of the nights I used to go to had loads of dress up nights. I went as a schoolgirl, zombie nurse (halloween) french maid (still have the custume, cant fit into it any more :( ) and a zombie physco bith (halloween, again)
  • Options
    I've never been to one :(. Not unless you could going round nextdoor as a child (dressed normall) to find a swinging party going on.:eek2:
  • Options
    Over the years I've dressed up as Chewbacca, Bananaman, Hulk, Huggy Bear ( a few times), seventies dancer, blues brothers, various cowboy versions, I've even turned up as a self invented hero called Super Dawg.
    Good times!
  • Options
    Went out to a mates birthday as Batman a while back. The theme was Marvel comic heros. Enjoyable.
  • Options
    I've dressed up as a cat, a nurse, a hula girl, a bunny, fairies and some others.
  • Options
    hmm, nurse...
  • Options
    Last one I went to, I added a black tie to my work clothes and went as a mourner.

What can I say, I'm a lazy bastard.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I have a DDR Naval uniform.
  • Options
    I shall be having a Pirates fancy dress night thingy during freshers week :D
  • Options
    In the last few years I've been a cowgirl, a genie, a cat, a devil (on Halloween)... can't think now. But I've been a few other things just nothing good :)

My cowgirl was the most fun, I had guns :D And i went out pretending to shoot cars on the main road (while my cousin flashed her bra at them... :|)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    GoodFella wrote:
    I shall be having a Pirates fancy dress night thingy during freshers week :D
    :lol: i have done that, i had black and white stripey tights...they were fab!
  • Options
    I got a black turtleneck pullover and went as existentialist.

I wish I could have gone as cowboy :impissed:

/e: I saw a girl (with tanned skin), go as capn jack sparrow once. Damn she was hot. Since then I have an uneasy tingling whenever I see johnny depp in that role.
  • Options
    My mate is having a leaving party on the 16th and wants everyone to dress up as docs and nurses. But she can fuck off because that was meant to be my birthday night out :( I'm gonna go dressed normal.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    I've never been to one :(. Not unless you could going round nextdoor as a child (dressed normall) to find a swinging party going on.:eek2:

i don't think that really counts hun!
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    I got a black turtleneck pullover and went as existentialist.

Haha, nice one! :thumb:

I might steal that for the next fancy dress party I go to. Minimum effort required, too, which is always good.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I have a DDR Naval uniform.

:lol: Only you would! If its an original I may get a bit worried.
  • Options
    actually you all may be able to help me. im goin to a heroes and villains party in a couple of weeks, im male have long blondy/ginger hair (which i dont mind mind spraying dodgy colours) and thick sidies, but who can i go as.
    i thought conan the barbarian but i dont have the 6 pack.
    any suggestions?

ps on a limited budget but have a mother who is nifty with a sewing machine!
    cheers
  • Options
    actually you all may be able to help me. im goin to a heroes and villains party in a couple of weeks, im male have long blondy/ginger hair (which i dont mind mind spraying dodgy colours) and thick sidies, but who can i go as.
    i thought conan the barbarian but i dont have the 6 pack.
    any suggestions?

ps on a limited budget but have a mother who is nifty with a sewing machine!
    cheers

THOR!

01103.jpg
  • Options
    My birthday celebrations for my 21st on saturday is in fancy dress. We are off for a meal and then to a club. I just hope we get let in lol

I shall be dressed as a hippy, and other outfits include a cheerleader and a school girl. My OH is going in his karate gear and im not sure about the other people
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    :lol: Only you would! If its an original I may get a bit worried.

Yeah, it is mate.

Proper Ex-East Germany surplus. Fuck me that coat is so WARM. I loves it.

Turn up to the next meet, I might even wear it. (I do get fear of being attacked though. I may do it if you buy me plenty of drinks.)
  • Options
    Damn, we stopped fancy dressing when we left elementary school.
    I wasn't aware it's that popular in the UK.

amusing.
  • Options
    I was spot the dog once, a princess and a fairy. That's all so far, but can't really say I've been to one in a while!