Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

where to find good jeans

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I'm the same. All my jeans are size 12, purely because if I wear a 10 I can't move from the position of where I fastened them. But with ALL my 12's a belt is essential otherwise I look like a poor excuse of an emo-stylee dresser.

Same here. I only have one pair that actually fit me and don't require a belt fastened stupidly tight.
  • Options
    Miss Sixty are always the best for me. They just keep getting more expensive though, the last pair I bought cost me £100, however I do wear them to death. Plus they do loads of sizes only differing my 1 inch which is good because I'm usually between an 8 and 10 in other shops.
    If you have one of those designer outlet places near you, there might be a miss sixty shop, can sometimes pick up some bargains there.
  • Options
    I get all my jeans from Next, because they're *just* cheaper than TopShop, and they do nice long-leggy ones that fit well. I have one pair (which I'm wearing right now) from Dotty P's, and one pair from...er...somewhere else that I can't remember. Although those two pairs are currently the only ones in operation (my Next ones are all fucked in one way or another, 'cause I tend to rip the bottoms, one pair I ripped holes in deliberately, which looked shite, and my others have paint all over them), I still :heart: Next jeans.
  • Options
    Marlboro Classics. :love: My favourite brand at the moment. Fit? They have normal fit, I believe. Don't know about the female jeans they sell. You could try the anti-fit jeans as well. Maybe they'll hang a bit too loose.

My sister has a lot of Miss Sixty jeans. Could give that a go ...
  • Options
    you buy your jeans from from cigarette stamps?
  • Options
    Pink Soda wrote:
    Plus they do loads of sizes only differing my 1 inch which is good because I'm usually between an 8 and 10 in other shops.

yeh i love how some brands do inbetweeny sizes!
  • Options
    Next has some nice loose fit ones
  • Options
    My sister, who has a harder time than I to find jeans even, just bought 2 pairs at the Gap for only 20 each.
  • Options
    M&S Jeans with Lycra are pretty good fit for me and the lycra just makes it extra comfy when you sit down!!
  • Options
  • Options
    I've got a few pairs of New Look jeans which I bought about a year ago. The skinny ones are great, really tight and stretchy. Then I have 2 other bootcut ones, called Strut and Limbo. The Strut ones are more bootcut than the Limbo ones which are almost flared from the knees but again both are really tight. I think the quality of their latest stuff is really poor though. Shame, they were really good value. I've tried some Miss Sixty ones and they're really nice but very expensive so what I've started doing is checking out e-bay for a pair. I go to Miss Sixty, try a couple of pairs of the same style and size to make sure they fit the same, which they do, and then look for them on e-bay. Beware of immitations, but I reckon you can get Miss Sixty's for a fraction of the price.
  • Options
    Ami2006 wrote:
    I've tried some Miss Sixty ones and they're really nice but very expensive so what I've started doing is checking out e-bay for a pair. I go to Miss Sixty, try a couple of pairs of the same style and size to make sure they fit the same, which they do, and then look for them on e-bay. Beware of immitations, but I reckon you can get Miss Sixty's for a fraction of the price.

I was just considering doing this!

I'm co-ordinating Jeans for Genes Day at work (6th Oct) so I kinda feel I've got to look good on the day as I'm going to have to see the entire workforce (120+) and then I'm doing a photoshoot (experience day thing) later in Oct for which I need five changes of clothes so I'm going to treat myself to some nice jeans. I'm going to try the Diesel / Miss Sixty ones on in the nearest House of Fraser next weekend and then search eBay!

I usually buy all my jeans from TopShop but even then it's awkward as I'm a size six with a 34" leg. I'd really prefer the jeans to be a 35" because 34"s look just slightly too short with my boots :(
  • Options
    I have a couple of pairs of Miss Sixty jeans, and again, you get what you pay for. They have lasted me a looong time, and they look just as fab as they did the day I bought them :yes:
  • Options
    I usually buy all my jeans from TopShop but even then it's awkward as I'm a size six with a 34" leg. I'd really prefer the jeans to be a 35" because 34"s look just slightly too short with my boots :(
    ooo i hate you :p
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    ooo i hate you :p

It's not all it's cracked up to be, trust me!

I've just had a trying on session of all of my jeans with my current boots (new ones are on the shopping list for the coming few months!) and the jeans that have been bugging me lately, the ones that I always think look slightly too short, have turned out to be only a 32"!! No bloody wonder! Looks like I need a definite 34" and all will be sorted... so long as I don't get higher boots! :yeees:
  • Options

Get yourself down to Zara. I always end up lopping at least 6 inches off their jeans. They're generally reasonably priced, and the sizes are usually little too. Not always though. I have a pair of size 6 Zara jeans that were a little loose when I was a 10. Not sure what that was about.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    Get yourself down to Zara.

Thanks for that. Due to me living in the back of beyond, I don't stumble across a Zara store very often - been to the Leeds one once (got a lovely LBD!) when my sis lived there for uni, and I think I've been to the Meadowhall one too. Next time I'm in Sheffield, I'll check it out again :) (They don't do online shopping, do they?)
  • Options
    A&F, they make loverly jeans :)
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    A&F, they make loverly jeans :)

Abercrombie and Fitch? Aren't they only available the US tho? I've never been so I wouldn't know and I've never thought of spending more that £40 on a pair of jeans so I haven't exactly looked! None in my size on eBay currently :(
  • Options
    I think that Lee jeans are my favourite brand. They sit amazingly on the butt.
    Tommy Hilfiger is another favourite as they also fit really really well.
    Have bad associations with Miss Sixty, though I have to admit that the one pair I had from them, was one of the best I've ever had.
    And then there's Levi's, Calvin Klein and Diesel, which are all pretty neat too.
  • Options
    easy howies
    www.howies.co.uk
    they have every single cut in the world and some are organic and are extra soft.
  • Options
    ok so finally got the chance to go shopping today and i found exactly what i was looking for....but they didn't have my size!!! :banghead: sods law
  • Options
    Has anyone heard of / got Salt Works jeans?

It seems that they're an American thing. Any idea on the fit? There are some on eBay in my size which I'm thinking of bidding on. I've got two days to think about it! (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&item=220023331669&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1)
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    ok so finally got the chance to go shopping today and i found exactly what i was looking for....but they didn't have my size!!! :banghead: sods law

Couldn't you ask them to order some? Or find the closest store with them and ship them to you?
  • Options
    Has anyone heard of / got Salt Works jeans?

It seems that they're an American thing. Any idea on the fit? There are some on eBay in my size which I'm thinking of bidding on. I've got two days to think about it! (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&item=220023331669&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1)

There are loads of that brand that look just like that in our T K Maxx atm. Do you have one around?

And for the record, the sizing on A&F jeans, if anyone is thinking of ebaying, tends to be humongous, so get actual measurements, rather than listening to the US sellers when they tell you the size 4 jeans are equivalent to a UK 8. They aren't.
  • Options
    i'm going jeans hunting in tk maxx tomorrow.

i love coming out with a bargain (though i invariably end up taking things back anyway 'cause i'm SO indecisive) but my nearest store (and maybe all other ones?) gets so incredibly hot i just want to leave. i haven't been in since it was really hot a few weeks back so it might've improved but i heard a lady nearly fainted. :eek2:
  • Options
    Per Una jeans are quite good if your a bigger size (14/16) I'm a 16 but have to have a 18 otherwise I cant breathe. £30 a pair but I have a pair in blue and black and wore them to death last winter and they are still really comfy. I normally cant find jeans to fit being a shorty (5' 3") as well but there short lenghts are just right.
  • Options
    5'3" isn't short. :o
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    There are loads of that brand that look just like that in our T K Maxx atm. Do you have one around?

Ah ha, even in the back of beyond we have a TK Maxx! I might call in tomorrow after work if I can get away in time. Have a raid around and see what I can find.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Couldn't you ask them to order some? Or find the closest store with them and ship them to you?
    well we went to meadowhall, big shopping center about 1/2 hour away. We needed some other stuff too so its always best to go there as shopping in our local town is pretty lame. There is a store in town so i'm going in tomorrow after school to get the jeans.