Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Phone contracts

Anyone know of any decent ones? I'm changing my contract but can't seem to find anything better tbh.

I don't really wanna spend more than £30 per month really. I want to be able to have cross-network anytime minutes and texts. I text alot but also talk alot on the phone.

Also, I can't have a 18month contract (as I don't think I'll be needing my phone then as I'm going travelling) so a 12 month one is what I need.

I'm not fussy on the network or phone.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You could always phone your existing provider's "i want to cancel" line and see what they will offer you to stay with them.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    You could always phone your existing provider's "i want to cancel" line and see what they will offer you to stay with them.

:yes: That seems like a good idea.
  • Options
    T mobile:wave:
  • Options
    could you stretch to £35 a month?

with orange you can get 550 anytime minutes and unlimited txts for £35.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    :yes: thats how i got my 500 xnet anytime mins and 400 texts for £20 a month with 02. and a spanking new nokia n91!!
  • Options
    When i was on contract i was paying way too much for me to afford so i poned them up and just argued with them about what the lowest priced contract available was until i eventually ended up on a better contract than i had originally but for a lot less money.

my original contract was something like 500 minutes & 1000 texts per month for about £30 but i was always going over it, then i got changed to a contract that was £12 a month and i got about 750 mins and 1500 texts.
  • Options
    Yeah if you ring em up and tell em what you want, like 750 mins and 1500 txts or whatever, and say thats what you've been offered by another company, they'll probably give it you just to keep you as a customer.
  • Options
    I got my phone bill this month, £108 :lol:

Stupid late night mobile phone calls. 2 hours @ 50p per min or something = £60
  • Options
    Ended up ringing 02 telling them about my visit to phones4u. Ended up getting quite a good deal.

Am getting 750 texts and 750 anytime any network minutes a month for £35 which should be ok for me to be honest!!!! :D

I'm also getting this phone...
    http://shop.o2.co.uk/shop/o2uk/jsp/handsets/viewHandsetDetails.jsp?prodID=consumer:NOK:6111:GROUP
  • Options
    Crap phone.
  • Options
    I like that one, it's cute and it sliiiides (to the left, to the right, one hop this time.) But would want it in black :yes:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    That seems quite expensive tbh.

I'm sure David has about the same in minutes / talk time and paying at least a tenner less than you.
  • Options
    Mmmm I dunno then.

At the moment (before my new contract comes into force) I'm paying £20 per month for 1000 off peak minutes to 02 phones and landlines and get 500 texts.

Its becoming a bit useless though as I'm beginning to ring people in the day and on other networks.

O2 have a contract for 750 minutes off peak and 750 texts and thats a tenner cheaper.

Is that it?

Mmmm.
  • Options
    I only got my tariff after some quite serious rangling with the customer retention people at o2, so it'd probably be tricky to get, but I reckon I have something like 500/500 for 20 quid.

The whole thing is a pain in the arse to be honest.
  • Options
    Mmmm well I tried getting a better contract but tbh, I think this is the best I'm gonna get. My bill usually rises to £30/£35 anyways (even though its a £20 contract) because I ring people in the day. This contract works out better for me.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    I have something like 500/500 for 20 quid.

:eek2: I pay £25 pound a month but im on a T-mobile U Fix plan thing i believe so i can choose wether the text plan or the middle one or the call one and it wont let me go over my limits.

They were nice to give me a 400 bundle because i had like 900 texts that would go poof

So now im on 150 mins 75 texts + 50 Text bundle ( which im paying for )

Total 28.98
  • Options
    Mmmm well I tried getting a better contract but tbh, I think this is the best I'm gonna get. My bill usually rises to £30/£35 anyways (even though its a £20 contract) because I ring people in the day. This contract works out better for me.

yeah it was a pain because I was on offpeak, so that's what I got sorted out.

To be honest I probably got a better deal out of them because I paid for the k800i.
  • Options
    Mmmm yeah.

Mines not bad tbh. Its the best I've found for what I want and lets face it, I'VE GOT A PINK PHONE :D
  • Options
  • Options
    I have just went from a 12 month CPW O2 100 mins plus 100 texts £25 p/month to O2 (not CPW) 400 mins and 1000 texts for £30 p/month. I wanted to keep the phone I had, so I got one of the new 1 month rolling contracts. Seems pretty decent to me. But at least if I do not like it, I only have to wait a month to end the contract.

Orange seems to have some good deals as well.