Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

young women - it's your world

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you are a young woman - say 20 something up to, well, as young as you feel... the world is really your oyster.

Young, pretty, smart, social creature, economically independent. Leading in education. Centre of all things social...

Guys are like buses, there will be another along in 5 minutes. Take guys for granted. We are ignored most of the time.

Social creatures, access to any situation by default without suspicion of sneaky agenda.

Do you agree?

The way I see it, it seems that way. I don't necessarily object. As a guy I have to evolve with it. Change or die.

Discuss?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    another bitter young man post.....:rolleyes:
    \
    i thought sophia would turn up in here before long! :p

as this is one of kermits pet hates, i'd like to see what he says...
    \
    I agree with hardly any of your post. Obviously you have been knocked back by some girl and are now bitter about it. :rolleyes:
    Char_Baby wrote:
    I agree with hardly any of your post. Obviously you have been knocked back by some girl and are now bitter about it. :rolleyes:
    and of course all women like her are the same
    Women are horrendously complicated. At times, I feel like giving up in my efforts to find out how women's minds work. But in the end, that's why I absolutely love them. I'm not sure where your incredibly negative attitude towards women is coming from, but it sure as heck isn't healthy.
    Young, pretty, smart, social creature, economically independent. Leading in education. Centre of all things social...

Eh?

Christ, a lot of young women aren't ANY of these things, let alone all.

Y'know you can be male and be like that, too. Save for the pretty.
    Gentlemen (or in your case boys) are not "pretty" (unless they're that strange type).
    \
    If you are a young woman - say 20 something up to, well, as young as you feel... the world is really your oyster.

Guys are like buses, there will be another along in 5 minutes. Take guys for granted. We are ignored most of the time.

Social creatures, access to any situation by default without suspicion of sneaky agenda.

Do you agree?

The way I see it, it seems that way. I don't necessarily object. As a guy I have to evolve with it. Change or die.

Discuss?

I actually do agree, in part. I think it's a pretty decent time to be a young woman in many respects, especially social. Though maybe it's just the (lucky) experiences I've had :)

Not that it's a bad time to be a young man, either.

There are socially defunct individuals and social butterflies of both sexes, of course.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Christ, a lot of young women are ANY of these things, let alone all.
    Don't you mean "aren't"?

I think he has a point, though a small one. It seems that most of the women who do fit these characteristics, or at least some of them, just have to look nice and have many guys interested in them at once. While guys usually still have to make the first move.
    It seems that most of the women who do fit these characteristics, or at least some of them, just have to look nice and have many guys interested in them at once. While guys usually still have to make the first move.

Maybe, but 99% of the girls I've been with - I couldn't tell you who made the first move, so it's pretty irrelevant.

That's the way it goes, but some guys still forget that girls get shy and nervous and in a state about whether a guy fancies them.

If more guys would drop the male bravado shit, actually be themselves and just speak to people without any alterior motives (i.e trying to get in her pants), then they'd be less likely to come home on their own and thus they'd lose all this woe is me shit.

Maybe that's just me and is nothing to do with anything, I dunno.
    Trying to slip in under the "radar" is for total losers, don't ever hide how you feel physically about a girl when you first meet her, even if you don't intend to sleep with her there and then, it's just a lie.

It's not even that though, I've very rarely intentionally gone out on the pull.

If I'm in a position when I'm talking to some girl or anyone else (be it at work or in a nightclub or wherever), then I'll talk about random shit and try and be funny = like I would be with anyone = being myself.

If I like the look of a girl, then my first thought isn't "I wanna do her", it's more "I wonder what she's like", talk to her and get to know her, and if we've enjoyed the conversation and there's a connection then I'm sure we'd swap numbers.

That's maybe me just me though, I personally don't chase girls unless somethings sort of already happened, and that's just it - most of the time stuff just seems to happen naturally.
    Don't you mean "aren't"?

Yes I did.
    "
    I have very specific an picky taste though, so the girls I go for I really do want to fuck them.

Isn't that what your supposed to do if you really like/want a girl?

Guys are like buses, there will be another along in 5 minutes.
    i agree with this BUT i think the same can be said for a lot of men.
    Yeah, another guy will be along in about five minutes. And like a lot of others, he'll be willing to go out with her, even if he doesn't really like her, because he want's to fuck her. That's fine it that's what she want too, but out of my female friends, the ones that constantly get fucked over in regards to relationships are my really good looking friends. And the reason is that there are enough guys out there that are willing to have a relationship with a girl based purely on the fact that he thinks she's good looking. I'm only talking from my own experience here, but it seems that if a girl is all of those things, and is just after a bit of fun, and attention from guys, then it's great for them. When they want an actual relationship, I often find they get fucked over a lot.
    Yeah, another guy will be along in about five minutes. And like a lot of others, he'll be willing to go out with her, even if he doesn't really like her, because he want's to fuck her. That's fine it that's what she want too, but out of my female friends, the ones that constantly get fucked over in regards to relationships are my really good looking friends. And the reason is that there are enough guys out there that are willing to have a relationship with a girl based purely on the fact that he thinks she's good looking. I'm only talking from my own experience here, but it seems that if a girl is all of those things, and is just after a bit of fun, and attention from guys, then it's great for them. When they want an actual relationship, I often find they get fucked over a lot.
    yes i find that, its shit.
    lipsy wrote:
    yes i find that, its shit.
    The definition of modesty there. :p
    The definition of modesty there. :p
    well i know im not the prettiest girl but i do attract a lot of guys. and i find it really difficult to find a guy who actually wants something more than a fuck. but i think i'm part of the problem - im quite shallow and go for the really gorgeous guys who are happy just shagging about. infact my boyfriend (well ex as of 2days ago) was really loving and wanted to be my boyfriend but my shallowness creeped in and i didnt think he was good enough. its something i need to work on.
    lipsy wrote:
    well i know im not the prettiest girl but i do attract a lot of guys.
    Aww you know you're really pretty, I'm just playing with ya.
    I disagree with you OP.

I read a lot about houllebeqc's theory of sexual dysfunction by girls nowadays. It's a really interesting and accredited theory that compares sexuality with open market mechanics. I usually don't take everything i read at face value, but it's very interesting and makes sense too. Many great thinkers occupy with that topic.

read into it.
    I think most people here will agree "that's not how a relationship should be" but it's the way relationships actually are.
    Well no, I think most people agree that a relationship where one person (and only one person) can walk away and easily get someone else whenever they want, isn't going to be great. It gives one person in the relationship all the power. I don't think that a male-female thing though, I think it varies from relationship to relationship, but I think most relationships have it to some extent. It's not role reversal you're after, it a balancing out of the 'power' if you get what I mean. Otherwise you're saying you want her to know that you can leave the relationship any minute, but not feel that she can, which would be unhealthy in my opinion.

I agree that there are women like this, but there are also men like this too, I know a few of my mates to whom this description fits rather well. I'm not like this at all, but instead of being bitter about it (not that i'm saying you are) I try and emulate some of what they do and how they do it. So rather then see it as a problem, I see it as an inspiration. "Yeah, I'd liek to be a little bit more like that!"
    Why's this been moved? I don't get it.
    To be fair this is more a debate about men and women's status and position as well as relationships which fits better here.
    Yeah but I figured it was more about their status particularly in relationships. But okay.
    Well personally I like my other half to know that I can and will walk at any point, I don't tell them that but they just "know" anyway, which is better.

I don't think of it as balancing power, it's just something that is part of me, eg. if she does something totally out of order and stupid, I might not break up over it but instead of spending all my time with her of a friday I will go spend time around the town socializing.

Most i've spoke to agree that women are mainly the selectors, you can see this by how many men girls will turn down men in a second when out socializing, by turning it around and showing in various ways that YOU as a man are the selector she may see more value in you than other men, in fact I guarentee it.

It's not about being selfish and manipulating, it's about showing you have VALUE.

my friend has a boyfriend like that....he goes off on sulks if she does something to upset him. And its usually nothing. As a result she's petrified of losing him and has become his puppy dog.
    Yeah, it's that whole caveman style attitude to relationships where people think claming up and running away to the shed to punish their partner will make the situation better rather than talking about the issues - I guess it works as long as people don't mind being unhappy. Oh and it pretty much instantly fails as soon as the person involved gets enough self-esteem to realise what's happening.