Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cocaine and Talking Loads

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys,

In the past I've snorted one single line of coke, felt brilliant on it and talked my head off for the best part of half an hour.

Last night I went halves on a gram with a mate of mine and had all of mine without sharing, and I was snorting a line about every half hour. But I didn't find that I was talking any more than usual. It was pretty strong stuff because the high was fairly intense but I just didn't find myself talking like I have done in the past. Don't get me wrong, I felt great on it but the effects weren't as normal.

Has anyone else experienced this before? Is it normal?

Sam

Comments

• Options
    Oh yeah, I'd talk about anything to anybody within talking distance. I didn't care if they were listening or not, I'd just talk and talk and talk. Sometimes call random people and see if they would talk if I were alone at the time. If I couldn't talk though I'd chew on shirt sleaves and made holes in them :\ But yeah, I had similar experiences.
  • Options
    Hi Sam,

I've done a fair bit of coke and you rarely get the same kind of 'high' from 2 different lots you get.
    Pretty much every dealer mixes their coke with something like pro plus, paracetemol, chalk etc, and a lot of it contains different drugs/chemicals like MDMA (the 'E' chemical) and speed.
    By the sound of it, the first stuff you had contained some speed, which often gets people talkative/hyper, and the second was probably a bit stronger, with more chemicals in like MDMA or something similar.

It might even be that because it was your first time you were more excited.
    The best coke tends to be kind of yellow-ish, not purely white as popular belief would tell you.

I think I'm pretty well informed, I've got a mate who's about to graduate in medicine who 'enjoys' his recreational drugs, he knows a hell of a lot!

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    dont kid yourself about being well informed...

i rarely touch 'coke' these days becasue i really cant remember the ladt time i got out decent, fuck know whats been getting sold as coke these days and the ammount of kids raving on about it makes me feel sorry for them
  • Options
    I don't claim to be the dalai lama of drugs or owt...

i cba with coke anymore either, its not great even if you do get actual cocaine
  • Options
    As a side point... no sane dealer/person would mix coke with mdma, as mdma + coke = cancels out any effect of mdma and mdma ain't cheap to buy... Why cut a drug with something that's as expensive?

As for the original post - drugs have broadly the same effect when you take them but can vary a lot depending on your mood, how much you've had of other stuff, sleep, etc.

That and strength/what it's cut with/etc. are also going to be different everytime :)
  • Options
    I stand corrected...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    As a side point... no sane dealer/person would mix coke with mdma, as mdma + coke = cancels out any effect of mdma and mdma ain't cheap to buy... Why cut a drug with something that's as expensive?

I've know people to cut coke with crushed pills or sell crushed pills as MDMA.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

Aye, I'd go so far as to say it's pretty commonplace round here.

As far as different highs go, I've witnessed polar opposite effects on people who are on coke, especially when they're on other things, have been drinking, are done in etc. I haven't done it myself for donkey's years since I just used to end up spouting absolute bollocks and would've been able to swim home in the sea of sweat I'd created. Niice :thumb:
  • Options
    There was some interesting reasearch done on stimulants in the 60s -70s with dogs. They gave the dogs specific amounts of stimulants which were relative to their bodyweights (.15g per kilo of bodyweight) and found that at low dose ratios the dogs would run around a lot, bark frequently, wag their tails like crazy, flap their ears, pant rapidly and were generally highly active. However, as the size of the doses increased the dogs became less active and certain behaviours dissapeared altogether: barking stopped at relatively low doses. In the end at pretty high doses (like you took) ther dogs would simply sit still flap their ears now and then and pant heavily. In my experience too i found that taking a large dose would actually make me intrvert rather than chatty but I recon that its pretty normal for people using cocaine.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

Crushed pills as mdma i can understand but why cut coke with it? you'd get no buzz off of it, and surely some other white powder to cut it with would be cheaper? :confused:
  • Options
    Crushed pills as mdma i can understand but why cut coke with it? you'd get no buzz off of it, and surely some other white powder to cut it with would be cheaper? :confused:

Snorting a reasobale pill will give you a pretty hefty buzz. And they're cheap as fuck.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    cut the fuckin face clean off you tho :yuck:
  • Options
    Selling crushed pills as MDMA... gotta be a fair bit of money there, suprised more people don't do it. Snide as fuck though innit.

Nah if you get good coke it's worth every last penny. Nothing like it.
    As it wears off it still feel nice (45 mins), get like a bit of a monged out buzz then your back to normal. No speeded up heart or anything. VERY different to speed which is what a lot of shit coke feels like.

There's good stuff to be had but there's some really nasty stuff that feels like ephedrine/speed that I'd just throw away regardless of what money I'd spent.

Dealers shouldn't be giving out speedy/edgy/nasty crap as coke, it's probably even more dangerous.
  • Options
    I find the effects of cocaine depend alot on my mood before I take it. I get much more out of cocaine when I'm already in a good mood than when I'm in a bad mood. Enviroment and the conversation will change your talkativeness too. Also as other people said, the cocaine you used the first time could've been cut with something different, and amphetamine of somesort, or another stimulant, while the cocaine you used the second time wasa cut differently!
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Snorting a reasobale pill will give you a pretty hefty buzz. And they're cheap as fuck.

Yes i know that, but if it's got coke in it too it will kill off any pill buzz, seeing as coke brings you down off of pills.
  • Options
    coke brings you down off of pills.

Does it?

Good coke may mask the effect of pills to a degree but I wouldn't say it brings you down, and don't forget that a coke buzz is relatively short lived in comparrison with ecstasy.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    ive saw many people say that on these boards but ive never had a problem

if anything it brought me up more!
  • Options
    Def a waste of money on e's but it's hard not to sometimes.

If i'm on coke and run out and can't afford anymore coke i'd usually end up buying some pills which isn't good at first because the coke is still in effect but after a while it's all good in the hood.
  • Options
    while your drinking your juice (buckie)

that's it...pity there none left...drank it all earlier..pretty pissed/stoned/out of it...drank 6 or 7 pints and a liter of ding (cider) and bottle of the old' trusted buckfast, can't beat a bottle of buck. oh aye dont forget the pills and pollen, been a fucked up crazy night..and it's only thursday. :crazyeyes

:D