Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ebay Listing Removed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a general question to satifsy my curiousity...

I recieved a message today saying that an item I was bidding on that the Listing has been removed, which I'm not too bothered about because I was hoping to be out bid anyway (I decided I didnt want it!!) But my question is why would they remove listings? It says in the email for confidentiality they can't tell me why it has been removed, but it was removed for 'breaching of one or more of our policies.'

So anyone know why?

Comments

• Options
    Breaking one of their many rules basically. I had some examples in my head but after I pressed the reply button, I can't think.

Listings are also removed if the user has been banned. I got an email from them once, after the listing had ended (but before I'd paid!) saying that they had been banned and therefore this transaction was void and couldn't be carried out though them. The user was causing trouble about me paying them anyway, claiming they didn't have Paypal in that country - which I soon proved wrong but never mind.
  • Options
    Read eBay policies and it couldbe because any of them has been broken... There is many so it could havebeen because of many reasons... if they don't tell you why exactly I don't think anyone can...
  • Options
    I had a couple of listings of mine removed recently cos I'd offered concealed cash as a payment option, which is apparently not allowed. I've sold stuff on ebay for years & I'm pretty sure it didn't used to be - I guess it's a new thing *shrug*, dunno how new though cos I haven't sold stuff in ages. Anyone know?

I think they must check new listings randomly, as the 2 they took issue with were removed a few minutes after being added, & those were the only ones they removed. I just edited all the others & relisted the removed ones with altered payment options.
  • Options
    I bought a computery bit for Mr Glittery, paid the £60 through paypal and the next morning got an email from eBay saying the listing had been removed and the sellers account suspended and the best bit, eBay told me not to pay for it.

I emailed the guy asking what was going on, he told me he wasnt sure what was going on but he'd post my thing out. I still thought I'd been conned but the guy was true to his word and sent it to me. He emailed me and said that because he was selling expensive things in bulk, he had to prove to eBay that they were all legit and that he owned them by sending in the invoices he had for them and the invoices he'd faxed them had gone missing.

Dont know if I believe that or not but I still got my thing so I was happy :)
  • Options
    I had a couple of listings of mine removed recently cos I'd offered concealed cash as a payment option, which is apparently not allowed. I've sold stuff on ebay for years & I'm pretty sure it didn't used to be - I guess it's a new thing *shrug*, dunno how new though cos I haven't sold stuff in ages. Anyone know?

I think they must check new listings randomly, as the 2 they took issue with were removed a few minutes after being added, & those were the only ones they removed. I just edited all the others & relisted the removed ones with altered payment options.
    Whats concealed cash?
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Whats concealed cash?

Cash sent in something else so that it dosent get stolen, in a card etc. Probably banned by ebay due to money laundering & proceeds of crime leglislation.
  • Options
    If you are selling say Burberry shoes and they are not burberry but Nova Check then this breaks the rules. Its one example of which I am sure there are many.
  • Options
    If the product is illegal, asuch as pirated DVDs and touted concert tickets, the eBay will pull the auction.

Concealed cash is banned on eBay because, basically, you're just asking for trouble. And they cba dealing with the dispute. Proceeds of crime legislation wouldn't apply, as Paypal is just as easily used to launder money.
  • Options
    I've had this happen to me before, bought some gameboy advance games for the sprog on ebay from Hong Kong, paid via paypal and then got an email saying that the auction had been pulled under their Vero rules.

I emailed the seller and he was cool, the games arrived a couple weeks later as expected. Jobs a good un. :thumb:
  • Options
    i had 5/6 listings removed when i was trying to buy a Canon XL1 video camera. these were very expensive items at anywhere between 700-1400 pounds.

i ended up buying something from a store with a higher buy it now price than risk being ripped off. it seemed every XL1 i bidded on was pulled.
  • Options
    Some of the reasons I've encountered:

- If you've got more items for sale than is on the auction and you put something like 'I have more for sale so contact me and we can work something out' as this, according to eBay 'circumvents eBay fees'.

- Linking on your listing to commercial sites.

- Illegal items

And obvious stuff that is not illegal but against eBay rules.
  • Options