Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you allergic to?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some types of grass, perfume, pepper, Aloe Vera Carex.

Plus I have Dermographier which means I can write on My skin.
    Some pollen and whatever it is they put in Johnsons baby wipes.
    Pollen, dust, nickel and anything that goes on my skin that is higly perfumed
    i think im allergic to some metals....i can only have gold or titanium earrings.
    Other than that, nothing.
    nothing :cool:
    I'm allergic to alcohol, I seem to brake out in hand cuffs. :D
    well i get hayfever so i'm allergic to pollen but it's mainly quite a bad grass allergy.

i'm also allergic to a drug i've been given after an operation but i can never remember what it's called.

when i was at primary school i had an allergic reaction to green jelly. i've never eaten it since so maybe the allergy is still there.
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Micropore tape (the white tape that doctors and nurses try to stick to you at every opportunity they can that nobody is meant to be allergic to - except me).

And me! And Elastoplast type plasters.

Also, grass pollen.
    you're allergic to hayfever? wish i was! ;)
    I'm allergic to Penicillin, Euthromycin, Amoxylin (or do I mean Amoxycillin?). Quite a few antibiotics reallly, which is a bugger.
    You're allergic to wussies? Poor you, it must suck to be allergic to yourself! :D
    :lol:

I'm not allergic to anything.
    I'm allergic to Penicillin, Euthromycin, Amoxylin (or do I mean Amoxycillin?). Quite a few antibiotics reallly, which is a bugger.

Alot of antibiotics are penicillin-like. Amoxicillin, ampacililn, dicloxacillin, bacapicillin... all the damn illins I"m the same :(

My oral surgeon got all flustered when I tole him I couldn't have any penecillin related antibiotics. Screw you old man, your not the one paying for it :p zythromax and clindamycin is a popular one with me. Alwyas a bit discouraging when your doctor has to sit and think for a minute about what they can actually give you :p
    Im allergic to cats. like severly allergic but not in like an emergency kinda reaction. Basically, i get dizzy, tired, feel sick, get a high temp, can sometimes be sick, get shivers, and all the usual runny nose, itchy ears eyes and throat things! Its awful :( Have to plan ahead if i have no choice but to go in a house that has cats, n take anti hystamine (sp) Not very much fun. If i don't, i could be ill like that for 3/4 days!! bit extreme!

Also allergic to tomatoes- make my mouth burn, top of my mouth sting, tummy ache and give me like hot flush lol very annoying. Only raw tomatoes. cooked is fine, sauce, puree etc Very random!
    Doing the dishes :grump:
    Erythromycin.

Otherwise i am allergy free :)
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Nowt :D
    Some antibiotic I got after I had my mouth abcess. Can't remember what it's called... but that's it.
    EDN1 wrote:
    Erythromycin.

Otherwise i am allergy free :)

oooh i think that's what i was allergic to..
    Nothing that I'm aware of.

But I do get allergy type symptoms quite often (milder types - itchy rashes and runny nose and the like) so maybe I am, but just haven't figured it out yet. Don't think it's going to kill me, at any rate.
    kaffrin wrote:
    Nothing that I'm aware of.

But I do get allergy type symptoms quite often (milder types - itchy rashes and runny nose and the like) so maybe I am, but just haven't figured it out yet. Don't think it's going to kill me, at any rate.
    I get like that sometimes, it's quite random. I'd love to do one of those Chinese allergy tests.
    Insect bites and stings
    Some pollens
    BCG vaccination (that was a rather unpleasant experience).

Don't have an epi pen yet, I occasionally see doctors who mention that I ought to have one.
    Penicillin, Cats, Horses and Septrin as well as pollens and hay. I'm sensitive but not allergic to ibuprofen and asprin
    My knees were allergic to elastoplast for about a year, then it went away.

Strange, eh? :chin:
    oh yeah and pollens. I nearly die of hayfever every year.
    Mild hayfever, I have mild reactions to 'illins anitbiotics and some stuff they use in deoderants, soaps, bath products, make-up etc. I dont think I'll have much luck in the future as my mum suffers from a quite bad (but managable) skin condition that I will pretty much inherit. :grump: Bugger.
    latex, spearmint chewing gum (specifically wrigleys) and certain dorito type 'spicy' crisps. think it must be one of the additives in them that does it, although i wouldnt be able to say which one!!

oh yeah, last week i got an allergic reaction when i used an elastoplast on a blister. area around blister is still reeally really swollen and icky :p
    I have hayfever...so pollen i guess. Not allergic to any drugs or food that i am aware of...but a couple of years ago i did come out in an itchy red rash on my arms after using tesco brand shower gel...so i could be allergic to that but its hard to say as i never used it again!