Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

dent in eyeball???!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A couple of weeks ago I had a bit of a flap cause I thought I had a dent in the surface of my eyeball. Wasn't sure that was supposed to happen and couldn't find anything on google about it. By the time I looked again (different mirror) a couple of hours later, everything looked normal, so I assumed I was just having a senior moment, and that there was something near my bathroom mirror causing a weird circular reflection.

However, just looked in the mirror now, and it's there again! It's definitely a dent, not just me being barmy, in exactly the same place. So this time I got photographic evidence to prove I'm not crackers.

Anyone know if this is supposed to happen to eyes? It doesn't hurt, but feels dead weird, and is making the vision in that eye a wee bit squiffy. I need an eye test anyway, so would it be a better idea to ask the optician about it then rather than go to the doctor?

:eek2:

Comments

• Options
    Go to the opticians or your DR if your worried.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Go to the opticians or your DR if your worried.

:-\

i'd say the opticians. the doctor might just refer you to an eye doctor anyway.
  • Options
    kaffrin, one day youll find a bit of you thats as it should be.
  • Options
    I had exactly that a few weeks ago!
    I even wrote a thread about it here. Was really annoying. It went away after a day and a half though.
    Let me know what the optician says.
  • Options
    kaffrin, one day youll find a bit of you thats as it should be.

I live in hope!
  • Options
    maybe you also have a new unknown squishy eyeball condition too? :p

I'd go to the optitians.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    ....is making the vision in that eye a wee bit squiffy. I need an eye test anyway, so would it be a better idea to ask the optician about it then rather than go to the doctor?

:eek2:

As it is affecting your vision you're right to be concerned.

Book that eye test.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Let me know what the optician says.

I went today, 2 birds with one stone and all that.

The optician said that she could see the slightest of slight bumps on the outer edge of my iris (same place the weird dent was), but that it didn't look like anything to worry about. She didn't know why or how I had it, or if it would be back, but she had a good old look around, and didn't say 'omgz your eyes are going to explode!', so I think it was a :thumb:

On the down side, I need glasses :(
  • Options
    i need glasses too. i've always managed without as i don't think i need them but they did suggest i got some for when i start my final year at uni... which is soon. they don't suit me dammit!
  • Options
    they don't suit me dammit!

Me neither! I don't know what it is about my face, but I just look ridiculous in all pairs of glasses. I've had some in the past, but cause I only need them for reading and close work, I'd just 'forget' to put them on, just sit further back from whatever I'm doing (I'm long sighted), and eventuall lose them.

But got a bit of a telling off today, apparently my eyes aren't in alignment, and they'll get worse if I don't wear them, so will have to bite the bullet, and drag Mr. K along, try on a variety of frames and buy the ones he laughs at least.
  • Options
    I like (some) women in glasses. :)