Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mycology Clubs: Psychedelic-friendly?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have recently been encouraged to join a mycology club,as they can be very useful for cultivation advice as well as identifying wild mushrooms. My state has a very large and active club, and it is only about 20 minutes away. My only question is if openly mentioning magic mushrooms is considered okay, if it is discussed quietly on the side, or if it is taboo. Anyone have any idea?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd keep it quiet myself, its not worth the risk of getting chucked out if they're not happy when you could just keep it to yourself and learn all you need to know...
    Well, I wasn't planning on marching in there and shouting "How 'bout those psychoactive species, eh?" I was just planning on observing for the first couple sessions to see how formal things were. I was just asking this because if they are NOT, then I wouldn't bother at all. There are mushroom hunts and such about twice a month, aside from the usual meetings; I wanted others to help me identify active species, but if they're really strict and after identifyinbg them tell me I can't pick them because they are illegal, them there's little point to being in the club as I am already quite a skilled cultivator...
    I've heard a couple of times that mushrooms are the most widely used illegal drug of the over 50's, so you might find a few old hipsters. But be subtle.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    budda wrote:
    I've heard a couple of times that mushrooms are the most widely used illegal drug of the over 50's, so you might find a few old hipsters. But be subtle.

Even more than weed?
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Even more than weed?

I think by the time it gets to the over 50's yes. Although surveys like that are always almost total guess work.
    'cmon... why else would anyone really be interested in mushrooms...
    Hey there pusher!
    I think you'd be fine actually. I mean, going in and asking for every psychedelic mushroom probabally isn't the best approach. Find a psych. mushroom and one that looks just like it, and ask them how to tell the difference.
    Best of luck!
    Hey kill. Yes, I think that'd be a better approach than whaty I had in mind. Then at least I would know right off the bat whether it's tolerated or not...

And bong I really didn't consider that. Well, that makes me feel more optimistic about it. Since I had posted this I had actually given up on the idea. Thanks for the encouragement guys. I'll tell you how the hunt in a couple weeks goes!

Oh, and I think otter made the best point, lmao...