Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pc problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When i start up my pc and get to my desktop my start bar and desktop items such as internet explorer will be inaccesible and freeze, my clock also freezes and i can see tht on average it will take 5-6 mins before everything will un freeze and work again, such things as my documents folder and things like that will still work.

Plz help as at times, im almost throwing my pc down the stairs :banghead: .

Comments

• Options
    soon as possible plz people
  • Options
    Format it and start from scratch.
  • Options
    dont want to do that again and i got alot of stuff on it
  • Options
    Do a backup. Format it and start from scratch.
  • Options
    yeh bit concerning the clock freezes. buy new harddisc copy important files to it and format old disk. only way i think.
  • Options
    Hard drive is probably dying. I suggest you back up your important stuff and do a format & reinstall, after buying a new disk.
  • Options
    I agree. Sounds like your harddrive, if you backup your files then the only thing you have to lose is a bit of cash on a new HD
  • Options
    spose how much is a harddrive, i have a funds problem at the mo
  • Options
    £30 - £40 I think.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/products/a751x1y0z1p0s0n0m0

voila!

It could also be that you have too many processes trying to run that clog up the computer when it starts. When it is working, does it run really slowly, like opening up the start bar and stuff? And running applications. As these will run from the RAM and the HDD shouldn't affect them. Try rebooting it in safe mode and see if it starts up any faster.

Do you hear a really loud whirring noise like the computer is really struggling when its starting up? That could be indicitive of hard drive errors.

IME it turns out to be too much rubbish on the system meaning the memory cant load Windows / apps quickly. Do you ever get a blue screen saying 'cannot save to drive C:' or something like that?
  • Options
    My processes work fine after the 6 min period of freezing.

The pc makes quite a bit of noise when loading up but is mostly fine afterwords.

And i dont got the third problem

I only have a bit of experiance with pcs and im not that good with all the technical crap and how to format so dim it down for me plz people