Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

IS this fiesta worth it

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

Somebody from work is offering me his ford fiesta 2004 reg for 4 grand only
11,000 on the clock with one years service history. is it worth it or can i get it cheaper? he first offered it for 5grand so it is a grand less.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like an alright deal to me.
  • Options
    you wouldnt get many cars that new for under 5 grand, if you want a fiesta then go for it
  • Options
    What's the spec??
  • Options
    have you been to see it? if you're not that good with cars take someone who is to have a look.
  • Options
    yeh i have seen it and it looks in brand new condition it is a 1.2 3dr silver i just passed my test and i want a car where after 1 year driving experience i know
    i can get back what i paid for it or even 500quid off. he said if i buy it he take it in to ford for servicing

i might ask him to knock off 500 more i am sure he will tell me to f off
  • Options
    it's worth a try!
  • Options
    Too cheap. A quid says it has outstanding finance on it. Do an HPI check, then walk. :)
  • Options
    he did buy it from ford on a finance package it is whu he wants to sell it to pay them off although i am not sure how the deal gets done if he owns them
    do i hand my money over and trust him to pay or something
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ask if there is any outstanding finance first.

If he lies and says no, you can take him to court over it for fraud... if he says yes, ask how much first.

And besides, for a first car... do you really want to spend 4k on something... or spend £500 on an older fiesta that won't matter so much if you crash it. :p

If there is no finance outstanding though... seems like a bargin to me mate!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    deffo too cheap, there must be something wrong. i'd check the hpi for deffo. if it comes clear, might just be looking for a quick sale, i'd snap his hand off.

check out www.parkers.co.uk suggests closer to £5k if in good nick.
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    check out www.parkers.co.uk suggests closer to £5k if in good nick.

yep. parkers is a good source for used cars. :yes:
  • Options
    did i mention it is 3 doors mayby u lot thot it was 5dr like i said he has got outstanding finance on it which he will have to pay off before i get it he has agreed to of a price £3900.

Teh_Gerbil yeh i could get an old banger but i would be paying too much on a shit car if at 3900 i get it after one years experience i can most probaly get what i paid for it or mayby 300 less+ my insurance will go down.

this car is just to get experience for one year and sell it without worring about deprication i reckon i can even partexchange with a new model next year
  • Options
    Depreciation is the least of your worries on a first car. Go find an old Micra or something - anything that you'll be able to bounce off things in. Last thing you want is to have been driving for a year and have a couple of expensive claims under your belt...

Find a good 'banger' and you'll be laughing. Cheap as chips to buy and run, and no worries about where you park, or how many times the tree in the garden scratches the paint. New cars are not for learners...

Even when you've passed, you're still a learner. We never stop learning how to drive, but there comes a point where we are a lot less likely to damage what we drive. With the greatest of respect, I don't think you're at that point yet. :)