Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

japan rail pass?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
anyone have any experience of this?

i know i should buy one before i go to save me a fair bit of money, and i then activate it when i get there.

my question is can i buy 2 or more and activate them as and when i need them?
do they really save you that much money?? it costs 300 odd quid for a 21day national pass.

im thinking of going for 3 months. i have somewhere to stay for a month or so in kyoto, and then i was thinking of using a 21 day nation pass to travel for 3 weeks. would it be better to buy regional ones and travel the north for a few weeks, then using a different regional one to explore the south?

its a bit of a complicated business knowing where to go a year in advance, when i really want to choose my route as i go along.

thats quite a few questions really.
any advice would be greatly appriciated, thanks.

edit; i forgot to ask, im also considering taking the transiberian railway either 1 way or both ways. i would get a ferry from Vladivostok to Fushiki. has anyone experienced this journey?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    drumbeat wrote:
    edit; i forgot to ask, im also considering taking the transiberian railway either 1 way or both ways. i would get a ferry from Vladivostok to Fushiki. has anyone experienced this journey?

No but I'd fucking love to.

That and the Moscow -> Hanoi direct train.