Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

cheap, nice tasting, easy to make, cocktails

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
got a big night out coming up and have about 20 people coming round mine for drinks before we leave...so ive bought 2 big pitchers and a loads of straws+drink stirrers to make some cocktails we can share.....so im after some cocktail recipes. Kind of along the lines of cheeky vimto, as there isnt 10 different types of booze (i cant afford to go out and buy lots of different bottles just to use a little bit of them).
Also, please feel free to post random concocksions (<--- how bad is my spelling??) that taste nice to you.
cheers
x

Comments

• Options
    Everywhere we went on holiday, a popular drink was 'the Fat frog' - equal amounts of sminoff ice, blue WKD and orange bacardi breezer.

ETA: Am willing to go dig out some cocktail recpicipes from my student cook book if yu just give me a shout :)
  • Options
    Vodka or white rum

Lots of fruit

Top up with ginger beer
  • Options
    nicx, thats'dbe ace if u dont mind! preferably strong ones, he he!
    budda - by fruit do you mean like a tinned fruit?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Cuba Libra.

Rum.
    Coke.
    Brown Suggar.
    Slice of lime.
  • Options
    budda - by fruit do you mean like a tinned fruit?

No, fresh or frozen but not tinned.

Raspberries work well, as do strawberries.
  • Options
    just make it up as you go along, what drinks do you already have?
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Everywhere we went on holiday, a popular drink was 'the Fat frog' - equal amounts of sminoff ice, blue WKD and orange bacardi breezer.

ETA: Am willing to go dig out some cocktail recpicipes from my student cook book if yu just give me a shout :)

Theres a bunch of lads from work just come back from holiday, and they were telling us all about this fat frog drink.

So we (the rest of the staff) decided to try it the other night, its rather good, taste wise and when it kicks in later :D
  • Options
    i first had fat frog about 2 years when i used to drink that sort of thing a bit. Couldnt drink it was like harribo sweets but even sweeter
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:

Don't know who changed the name.

That drink is years old and it was called the skittles (smirnoff ice, orange reef and blue WKD). It actually tastes like skittles.
  • Options
    got a big night out coming up and have about 20 people coming round mine for drinks before we leave...so ive bought 2 big pitchers and a loads of straws+drink stirrers to make some cocktails we can share.....so im after some cocktail recipes. Kind of along the lines of cheeky vimto, as there isnt 10 different types of booze (i cant afford to go out and buy lots of different bottles just to use a little bit of them).
    Also, please feel free to post random concocksions (<--- how bad is my spelling??) that taste nice to you.
    cheers
    x

Black Russians....
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    Don't know who changed the name.

That drink is years old and it was called the skittles (smirnoff ice, orange reef and blue WKD). It actually tastes like skittles.
    It can't be that old. WKD only came out in about 2000 or so.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    It can't be that old. WKD only came out in about 2000 or so.
    First time my mates and me made it was early 2002....
    First time I saw it on a bar menu (as skittles) was 2004....

Anyhow, we used to have skittles parties, they were awesome. :)
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    First time my mates and me made it was early 2002....
    First time I saw it on a bar menu (as skittles) was 2004....

Anyhow, we used to have skittles parties, they were awesome. :)
    When WKD first came out told out mate that it stood for WANKED (instead of wicked) and because he was guillible and perhaps a little pissed he went to the bar and asked for it :lol:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    migpilot wrote:
    Black Russians....

Don't get many of them mate. Besides, thats hardly a cocktail... how you gonna fit a big black Russian dude in a glass... or drink him, come to that?
  • Options
    Vodka, something fruity, then stick a mini umbrella in it to make it cocktailish. :p
  • Options
    well my plan so far is to buy a bottle of vodka, coke, lemondae+then all the things to make fat frog+make a humongous pitcher of it!!! i like black+white russians. whats in then again?
  • Options
    A black russian consists of half vodka, half kalua. Good stuff :thumb: (least thats how the mans dad taught me how to make them)

I think the white russian, you just add cream or milk to it.
  • Options
    baileys + tequila + milk is a good mix.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    A black russian consists of half vodka, half kalua + Coke

I think the white russian, you just add cream or milk to it.

Black russian is vodka, kahlua and coke.
    And white russian, as above...
    :)
  • Options
    Get some Malibu, Vodka and Peach Schnapps (get friends to bring a bottle if you can't afford them all). That'll let you make a Woo Woo (vodka, schnapps an cranberry juice), Hairy Navel (vodka schnapps and orange juice) or Dennis the Menace (schnapps, malibu, cranberry and pineapple). And all of them go well with lemonade. Malibu is nice with milk. And vodka goes with anything.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    Only in crap bars that don't know what they're doing. Traditionally, there's no coke in it.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Don't get many of them mate. Besides, thats hardly a cocktail... how you gonna fit a big black Russian dude in a glass... or drink him, come to that?

Taxi for Teh_Gerbil!!!
    ;)
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:

Never heard of that, sounds iffy, kaula and coke don't sound like they'd make a good mix. Just water it down.
  • Options
    Only in crap bars that don't know what they're doing. Traditionally, there's no coke in it.

Yes.
    But, she was looking to make something in a pitcher, and putting loads of coke in there does the trick. Imagine how wasted they would get drinking it, like you said, the traditional way. ;)
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    Yes.
    But, she was looking to make something in a pitcher, and putting loads of coke in there does the trick. Imagine how wasted they would get drinking it, like you said, the traditional way. ;)
    Your point being? :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Never heard of that, sounds iffy, kaula and coke don't sound like they'd make a good mix. Just water it down.
    Quite. :thumb:

Just checked it out, apparently there is White Russian (vodka, kahlua and milk or creme), Black Russian (vodka, kahlua), Tall Black Russian (vodka, kahlua, coke) and white/black russian (vodka, kahlua, milk, creme and coke).
    They all sound good.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    They all sound good.
    All except the last one. Coke and milk mixed? :yuck:
  • Options
    All except the last one. Coke and milk mixed? :yuck:

I've had worse. :chin:
  • Options
    Oops, wrong alcohol thread :p
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:

:no: a Black Russian is actually vodka and kahula. A Long Black Russian has Coke in it