Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

yoga, meditation, and basically chilling out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
got a tough year ahead of me at uni (its my final year+i hate it, really dont want to be there), and ive already started getting stressed out about it. Yesterday i was crying, felt sick, depressed, lifeless+just wanted to go to sleep+not wake up.
I have never felt like this before..no history of depression, but i was what i felt to be, depressed.
Does anyone have any tips on how to chillout? Breathing exercises? Meditating? Classes, websites and advice all needed!
Failing that, im just gonna spend the whole year either drunk or hungover :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if you hate it that much, why go back?
    wouldn't you be better off doing something else, that you like?
    Wai Lana is a good choice for yoga. Forget all this bullshit celebrity yoga, they only embarrass themselves.
    otter wrote:
    if you hate it that much, why go back?
    wouldn't you be better off doing something else, that you like?

because as much as i hate it, ive worked hard for the last 2 years and have only got 7 months of study left. i dont want to have wasted all that time+gotten myself into debt for nowt! come april next yr, i will be doing something else that i like!
    because as much as i hate it, ive worked hard for the last 2 years and have only got 7 months of study left. i dont want to have wasted all that time+gotten myself into debt for nowt! come april next yr, i will be doing something else that i like!
    yeah. actually you're in a pretty similar boat to me.
    the important thing then if your continuing is to make sure university doesn't f*ck up your emotional health.
    sport clubs will offer yoga classes if you want to get into that. personally i'd reccomend running as an excellent stress relief! :)
    see, i thought of running, but i struggle with heavy cardiovascular stuff due to my asthma. i go the gym once, sometimes twice a week, and eat well.
    always wanted a punch bag so if i get stressed i cna put some loud music on+beat the shit out of it!
    always wanted a punch bag so if i get stressed i cna put some loud music on+beat the shit out of it!
    pillow fight might work just as well :p
    see, i thought of running, but i struggle with heavy cardiovascular stuff due to my asthma. i go the gym once, sometimes twice a week, and eat well.
    Stick to an excersise bike, something low intensity but still does the trick.