Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Heart question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm beyond stupid with searching and though I've spent awhile looking online I cannot find a damn thing that even relates. Last night for about an hour and a half, on and off I kept getting this weird feeling in my chest. Shits and giggles I took my heart rate. It would beat 3 or 4 then I wouldn't feel a beat, do a couple more, then I wouldn't feel one again. In no particular order or sequence. Then the feeling would go away and it would go back to normal.

Anyways, I spent my working day searching on why a heart do that and couldn't find anything relating. I'm far from a google expert. Any smart people here?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you mean palpatations?
    You could get any response from this babble of lunatics, me included. I reckon if it keeps happening go see a quack. Otherwise it was probably something you ate and just your digestion.
    It was before I ate, I was probably just real hungry :p

Thanks, you two. I was just curious. And trying to pass the time... and trying to self diagnose myself with more random ailments whilst making labels. :razz:
    Well you know me Manda, I'm always happy to help by giving a really screwy diagnosis of your health issues based on few facts and even less knowledge. Glad to be of service :D
    Mist wrote:
    Well you know me Manda, I'm always happy to help by giving a really screwy diagnosis of your health issues based on few facts and even less knowledge. Glad to be of service :D

Thanks :thumb: I also have gum stuck on my lip, any tips? :p

Yeah, I'm just bored, this is a pointless thread :p
    my_name wrote:
    Thanks :thumb: I also have gum stuck on my lip, any tips? :p

Yeah, I'm just bored, this is a pointless thread :p

I recommend sucking hard.
    it sounds like something my friend has had a couple of times. she went to hospital and they did an ecg (i think?) and said she had palpatations or something. they advised her to drink less coffee. it might also be stress induced.

i would see a doctor if it was me.
    lipsy wrote:
    it sounds like something my friend has had a couple of times. she went to hospital and they did an ecg (i think?) and said she had palpatations or something. they advised her to drink less coffee. it might also be stress induced.

Can also be a symptom of iron deficiency anaemia. I had them when I was pregnant with Sophie, until I got on some iron, and they drove me mad.
    Stress, use of stimulants alot of things could contribute.
    Miffy wrote:
    Can also be a symptom of iron deficiency anaemia. I had them when I was pregnant with Sophie, until I got on some iron, and they drove me mad.
    my friend was probably anaemic too, she hardly ate anything.
    Taking your own pulse like that is also known to be unreliable so you could have just been doing it wrong.
    budda wrote:
    Taking your own pulse like that is also known to be unreliable so you could have just been doing it wrong.

It's hard to mistake the crazy fluttering in your chest though.
    Miffy wrote:
    It's hard to mistake the crazy fluttering in your chest though.

It probably is for her *drinking drinking motion*
    I hadn't drank that day yet, though I did have a large coffee with an extra espresso shot in the morning, I rarely drink coffee, that was probably it. I was just bored and curious, and since that was most recent I thought I"d cure my boredem and ask. I've had weirder things going in the chest before.