Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Too Geeky? Style Tips Please!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Johnny - just have it as you like. Why does it matter so much what girls want/think?
  • Options
    you just confirmed my worst fear.
    im just giving my opinion....but it doesnt matter as im not going to be in your bed any time soon anyway.
  • Options
    Im not sure.
    after all thats happened I truely believe you just can't be yourself without being judged or labelled for it. Don't think me insane for this but I just dont wanna make anymore mistakes.
  • Options
    Just have in your room what you want. If you end up putting something really freaky or whatever (a skull for exmaple) then just remove it when you have company.
  • Options
    ok.
  • Options
    and thank you for proving my point.
    What point is that? Everyone on here so far has said, firstly, that they either like or dislike the stuff that you've picked out (i.e. different people have different tastes). And secondly that if they were going back to a lads room, the last thing on their mind is whether they have a few collectables on their shelves. Oh and don't remove stuff from your room just because you've got a girl around (unless it's stuff which you don't particularly like anyway, like dirty underwear). If a girl likes you, she's not going to care what you have in your room. She'd probably think more badly if she found out that you'd hidden stuff from your room because you'd think she wouldn't like it. Nothing screams pushover more than someone who starts to change themselves depending on what they think their partner likes. Oh, and just for the record, my ex-girlfriend would've loved all that sort of stuff, and she's 17 and a bit of a rock chick, which I think I've heard you say you're into.

But this whole thing is kinda problematic. You're looking at things you really shouldn't care about. You know what gonna happen when you see a girl you like and want to talk to her? You're gonna think "Oh, but my rooms not okay, what if she want's to come back to it?" and you'll end up using it as an excuse not to talk to her, when in reality, it's not an issue at all. You'll come up with little reasons why you can't do something, and as a result, you'll never do them. But I've kinda let myself get sidetracked into relationships here.

Nothing wrong with asking for people's opinions, but at the end of the day, buy what you like. And don't expect a definitive answer as to what girls like, because you'll never get one. It's hard enough to figure out an individual girl, never mind the whole of womankind. :p
  • Options
    What point is that? Everyone on here so far has said, firstly, that they either like or dislike the stuff that you've picked out (i.e. different people have different tastes). And secondly that if they were going back to a lads room, the last thing on their mind is whether they have a few collectables on their shelves. Oh and don't remove stuff from your room just because you've got a girl around (unless it's stuff which you don't particularly like anyway, like dirty underwear). If a girl likes you, she's not going to care what you have in your room. She'd probably think more badly if she found out that you'd hidden stuff from your room because you'd think she wouldn't like it. Nothing screams pushover more than someone who starts to change themselves depending on what they think their partner likes. Oh, and just for the record, my ex-girlfriend would've loved all that sort of stuff, and she's 17 and a bit of a rock chick, which I think I've heard you say you're into.

But this whole thing is kinda problematic. You're looking at things you really shouldn't care about. You know what gonna happen when you see a girl you like and want to talk to her? You're gonna think "Oh, but my rooms not okay, what if she want's to come back to it?" and you'll end up using it as an excuse not to talk to her, when in reality, it's not an issue at all. You'll come up with little reasons why you can't do something, and as a result, you'll never do them. But I've kinda let myself get sidetracked into relationships here.

Nothing wrong with asking for people's opinions, but at the end of the day, buy what you like. And don't expect a definitive answer as to what girls like, because you'll never get one. It's hard enough to figure out an individual girl, never mind the whole of womankind. :p
    :yes: if you're THAT bothered about them, then just take them down and stop worrying.
  • Options
    Im not sure.
    after all thats happened I truely believe you just can't be yourself without being judged or labelled for it. Don't think me insane for this but I just dont wanna make anymore mistakes.
    :confused: But, you're gonna have to be yourself at someone point - you can't get around that, & even if you could, it's not fair on the girl. How would you feel if you were going out with someone, & then found out they'd lied to you & acted like something they're not? Thing is, the room is an expression of your personality - if a girl is freaked out by your room "looking like a graveyard" they're probably not gonna be into you full stop.

I actually don't like Akira that much (heresy!). It was OK, but I'm not as fanatical about it as some people I guess... Woo! And your last batch of photos - Kakihara! I need an Ichi the Killer poster, definitely. The only drawback with a guy having that in his room when he took me back is I'd probably be more interested in Kakihara than him. What? He's cute & has nifty dress sense! And he can blow smoke through his cheeks...
  • Options
    P.I.B: you like asian films? have you seen battle royale or oldboy?
  • Options
    P.I.B: you like asian films? have you seen battle royale or oldboy?
    I've seen Battle Royale (not managed to get the special edition one yet though). I've got Oldboy somewhere around I think.
  • Options
    ive heard its nothing to write home about.
    Oldboys top, did you know its getting remade?
  • Options
    ive heard its nothing to write home about.
    Oldboys top, did you know its getting remade?
    Nope. Doubt the remake'll be any good though.
  • Options
    doubt it considering tom jane(the guy from the punisher) is playing Oh Dae Su. there gotta make the hallway fight scene crap and change the tongue cutting scence as well....