Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Headaches

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is the type of headache that makes your head feel like it is being slowly clamped with one of those clamps that you used to have on the D.T tables in school?

:shocking:

Is it a tension headache, migraine etc?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It sounds like a tension headache:

TheSite's headaches factsheet

Sounds nasty - hope you're feeling better soon :)
    sounds like tension to me, petal. i've got a corking one of those right now, lol. if you can take painkillers try some paracetamol and codeine - i take syndol tabs if my head feels like that and they work really well - but are quite strong, and might make you drowsy

hope you're feeling better soon

love Cavegirl
    xx
    Thanks Spanner and Cavegirl. Tension headache it is...or was! Eventually went away a couple of hours after with the help of some painkillers and rest.
    Causes: Often associated with stress, anxiety and depression. Hunger (:yes:), smoking and eyestrain are also likely suspects.

Crack it: Relieve pain by applying a warm or cold towel to the head. Massaging temples can also help, though many people resort to over the counter pain relievers and let the drugs deal with it. Review your lifestyle, too: are you sitting at a computer for long periods without a break (:yes: ), following a bad diet and smoking too much (:yes: ), or just rushing around with no time for yourself? If so, take practical steps to alleviate built-up tension