Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Worst Movies

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Titanic - un face nearly anthing with Leonarddo dewhaisface in. I just cant stand him. LoTR and Staw Wars - have no intreest in them, really dont want to watch them. And the new superman was awful, went on forever, crap plot, and some very wooden acting.
  • Options
    Titanic - un face nearly anthing with Leonarddo dewhaisface in. I just cant stand him.

:shocking: How dare you :p
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    as for the worst film ever "Battlefield Earth" absolutely terrible, me and my mate saw it at the cinema and so wanted to leave but refused to.

But if you'd have left you'd have missed the bit where a bunch of cavemen learn to fly harrier jump jets (pretty much the hardest plane to fly ever built) in a week. :D
  • Options
    Both Matrix sequels
    Dumb and Dumberer
    The Cable Guy
    Aeon Flux
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i agree about LOTR, i remember being dragged off to see the last one and it took about an hour to wind down to an end. They're so boring and all i ever understand is that theres going to be a war.
    You should watch clerks 2 where the entire trilogy of films is summed up in around 30 seconds :D
  • Options
    But if you'd have left you'd have missed the bit where a bunch of cavemen learn to fly harrier jump jets (pretty much the hardest plane to fly ever built) in a week. :D

Yep, utterly prizeworthy: The award for the worst piece of junk ever put onto celluloid goes to . . . :) Seriously, Battlefield Earth is so bad it is scary. Travolta's Scientology psychobabble nadir is way out there in front, closely followed by Sorted - the numbskull who dreamt this paperthin junk up wasn't even capable of writing his own ideas on paper! For the finshed version of this film, take a look at I'll Sleep When I'm Dead; excellent lead in Clive Owen.

But we're here for BAD films, so here are some more shockers: Gigli - just the title and the names Afleck & Lopez should send a shockwave of terror up and down your spine! Much the same effect can be gained from sticking your finger in an electric light socket, or perhaps watching Jersey Girl - poor old Kevin Smith finally losing it in the biggest way possible.

Personally I like the first half of Ginger Snaps; but after that it gets seriously confused and loses direction bigtime! Then again, Katharine Isabelle was quoted as saying she thought the best part of the movie from her standpoint was the title sequence - enough said, and probably the reason she refused to do the sequels (despite needing the money) until they held the gun to her head (I think that must happen a lot cause most of her work is low budget, badly made junk). Whatever, seeing her sleepwalk through Ginger Snaps Unleashed, and ham it up shamefully in the cod-lez overtoned Ginger Snaps Back is seriously cringeworthy!

But perhaps not so bad as seeing Lindsay Lohan give it the sweet, virginal thing for the millionth time in the seriously BAD Herbie: Fully Loaded.

There must be a thousand more I could gripe about; but that's enough isn't it . . .
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Solaris.

/Wins
  • Options
    the hulk and cold mountain.
  • Options
    Oh I also think ET and the Royal Tennenbaums are quality movies.
    As is LOTR. No one criticize it again!! Hush you people!!! Not as good as the books but all the same they are QUALITY.

Worst ones? Gratefully I think I have a decent enough screeing process to be able to miss out on most bad movies... You wouldn't catch me dead near stuff like Dumb and Dumber or Cable Guy. I think the one I was more bored at was Meet Joe Black. I watched it with my then boyfriend and when I said I hated it he looked relieved and said "phew, I thought you would have loved it". I had never been so offended in my life. How could he ever think I'd have such bad taste in movies? :o
  • Options
    'Battlefield Earth', definately the worst film i've seen. Followed closely by the film version of 'Of Mice and Men' incidently they are the worst two books i've ever read, infact 'Battlefield Earth' is the only book I've started but not finished!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Anything with Vin Diesel

The Iron Giant? Saving Private Ryan?

They're not bad films.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Neither is Pitch Black!!! That was good!

Worst films...has someone said Jarhead or Domino because they are the most excrusciatingly bad films going!
  • Options
    Jarhead was excellent - great adapation, if simplified, of the book.
  • Options
    mr and mrs smith. I really can't think of a worse film. There was absolutely NOTHING enjoyable about it.
  • Options
    Ohhhh I really can't think of the name of the film now! I was forced into watching something the other night, and my boyfriend was there laughing away, and I actually started reading my college textbook.

It was awful, I couldn't even follow it properly. We did however, manage to watch the sixth sense. I quite enjoyed that, though I've seen it mentioned on here.
  • Options
    Also thought The Mexican and The Descent were pretty rubbish :yes:
  • Options
    Dreamcatcher - words cannot begin to express how dire this is.

Human Combustion - not even a B movie, more of a Z movie.
  • Options
    donnie darko - i swear people pretend to like that film just so they can say they "get it".

eyes wide shut

moulin rouge

the omen (newest)
  • Options
    Any "horror" movie with monsters or freaks or any of that crap. Its so dull, boring and unreal. I can't stand to watch any of them.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    Any "horror" movie with monsters or freaks or any of that crap. Its so dull, boring and unreal. I can't stand to watch any of them.

:thumb: Spot on.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Moulin Rouge is fab! I loved the humour in it, and its original style.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    donnie darko - i swear people pretend to like that film just so they can say they "get it".

YES! It is CRAP!
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

:crying: I love zombie flicks
  • Options
    Pride & Prejudice.

Fifteen minutes in and I was hoping the fellow at the concession stand had shown some mercy and laced with coke with arsenic.

Thirty minutes in and I had to stop my own hand from crushing my windpipe.

An hour in and I considered unscrewing one of the little guide lights and licking the socket.

Ninety minutes in......well, you get the picture......
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Ah, the things you men will endure to get into a girl's pants hey? :razz:

Try and get into a girl's pants. I was spectacularly unsuccessful :impissed:
  • Options
    Marmite wrote:
    :crying: I love zombie flicks

Not zombies, but monsters, like that retched jeepers creepers or as I watched the other night, the decent, as was previously mentioned. Anything like that.

For horror movies I like things that can happen, like one hour photo or things like that. That stuff is freaky.
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Dreamcatcher - words cannot begin to express how dire this is.
    It's not as good as the book, but I liked the movie. Ditto The Green Mile, as someone mentioned that too.

I have large, large issues with The Shining. All the people I've spoken to about it that haven't read the book think it's amazing, but good GOD no. There is so much stuff that is unexplained/changed/added in/just plain WRONG I can't even begin. I wrote a big LJ-rant about it when I watched it for the first (and last) time. The whole thing just made me want to cry, because the book is amazing, and whatsisface (I can't even remember) fucking RUINED it the cunt :(.
  • Options
    Regan wrote:
    Personally I like the first half of Ginger Snaps; but after that it gets seriously confused and loses direction bigtime!
    Fuck yes! The first half was really interesting. And then you get towards the end of the movie & they SHOW the werewolf & it's CRAP. Note to moviemakers: NEVER show the werewolf unless a) you have a bloody fantastic costume or b) you're just a cheesy b-movie & no one really cares anyway because people are only gonna watch it to MST3K it.

I haven't seen that many bad films, mainly cos I know my own tastes well enough & pretty much know in advance I'm not gonna like the film, so when I do end up not liking a film that much it's generally more of a 'Meh. That's wasn't great but it's OK...'. So it's only when I'm pretty much forced into seeing something -
    - Jack (was forced to see this on a school trip - Robin Williams trying to be funny. And failing. Badly.)
    - The Big Lebowski (my ex's favourite film. He insisted I watch it. I hated the characters, found the plot stupid, & had to leave the room after 20 mins or so because if I'd stayed any longer I'd have chucked the TV through the window - neither of which belonged to me)
    - I thought Signs was mostly alright, but was anyone else hoping the aliens would eat those really really annoying kids? Or the guy with the baseball bat would miss & hit the little girl instead?)